PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite trailer?

gsosolidk
06-07-2011, 06:50 PM
One thing which got AC1 such a big following before it was released was it's trailer. It was different, looked amazing, and kicked-a**.
Since then, not a single AC trailer has disappointed.
The kick-a** AC1 trailer
The beautiful colours of the AC2 trailer
The epicness of the AC Brotherhood trailer
And now the Revelations trailer... A mixture of everything really.

Looking back, the Assassins Creed 2 trailer is actually pretty good.

Which was your favorite?
Assassins Creed 1 trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc-ClutaN_I)
Assassins Creed 2 trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVWhWsgHzKM)
Assassins creed Brotherhood trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzNs4-kRLaE)
Assassins Creed Revelations trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K39UWxdm0U)

Rea1SamF1sher
06-07-2011, 06:55 PM
The first one and the first half of the second one.

The first one shows how an Assassin does his job. He comes from crowd, where he is hidden. Does a fast assassination, vanishes and uses the crowd again, so the enemies lose him and he is hidden again.

DarthEzio55
06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I would have to say revelations, but i also enjoyed teh brotherhood one 2.

to quote tobuscus
"Just kill him with your awesome"

kriegerdesgottes
06-07-2011, 07:08 PM
tough call. I agree I actually remember seeing the first AC trailer on IGN back in like 2006 or 7 and becoming obsessed with the franchise right there and then but they have all been so amazing since then it's hard to say. I'm tempted to say this new one is the most amazing thing I've ever seen but ACII's trailer blew me away for a long time so I just can't really say which is my favorite.

phil.llllll
06-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Revelations followed by the first one.

wiccanlovely
06-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Totally Revelations but I've loved them all.

xCr0wnedNorris
06-07-2011, 07:59 PM
You forgot the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Literal Trailer. IMO the best of them all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

eagleforlife1
06-08-2011, 12:45 AM
I voted for Brotherhood but Revelations comes a very, very, very close second.

Pattington_Bear
06-08-2011, 12:52 AM
I love them all, But revelations was just totally awesome.

shobhit7777777
06-08-2011, 02:32 AM
AC2...twas cool, bad@ss and also showed off a majority of the gameplay...as Andre202 mentioned

AC:Revelations...because it was sheer epicness...its a tie between AC2 and ACR trailers

the other trailers are epic as well..but the two above are slightly better

Azugo
06-08-2011, 03:26 AM
For me, it's gotta be AC2. I remember my anticipation for that game was tremedously high, and I think that's why it'll always remain in my mind that it was the best trailer I've ever seen.

AntiChrist7
06-08-2011, 05:42 AM
AC1, revelations coming close in on second

SixKeys
06-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Probably AC1. I still remember how the graphics blew my mind, it looked so unlike most game trailers. The trailer for AC2 comes second. They're all great, of course.

dxsxhxcx
06-08-2011, 06:15 AM
1. ACR (the parts where Ezio starts seeing Altair are awesome!!)
2. AC1
3. AC2
4. ACB

triforceman5
06-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Revelations, but 1 was AWESOME. It hooked me onto the series. But Revelations beats it because of the more epic music, and I love the parts when Ezio sees Altair, especially at the end. That's the beginning of the first game, when Al Mualim tells you to jump with the others. And the music at that part is so fitting, seeing the "shadow" of Altair.

Mouse03
06-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Wow, that's a hard one. Each is a different game, and i think each shows the game and what's it's going to be.

But for me, i think it's going to be;

1) AC1 for it's 'get in, get the job done, get out'. What the game's all about. The eagle symbolism. The hidden blade.

2) ACR for the feeling of the bringing together of 2 great assassins, of the feeling that it's the end, a climax. Great music to go with it. Beautifully done.

3) AC2 for it's beautiful colours and action. It also showed you, you were in for a more action-fighting game, that you would have groups to distract and help.

4) Brotherhood for the music (i love it when it kicks in when Ezio starts to walk). Though apart from showing you other assassins, it didn't really let you know what the game was about or give you a 'feel'.

But in honesty, i loved each, and they are only in that order by a point's difference from each other. They truely are great trailers.

BK-110
06-08-2011, 06:56 AM
The first one and the one for Revelations.

gsosolidk
06-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Loving the responses.
I just can't pick (and it's my own thread)
I mean, AC1 trailer got me COMPLETELY hooked? I mean... I looked for new information every single day after school because of THAT trailer.

AC2 was just beautiful. I loved the carnival colours. The way he jumps down and then shoots. Amazing. And I agree with Mouse03, it showed everything you were going to see in game. The carnival... The gun... The colors... The factions...

ACB... Loved the dramatic soundtrack. And the way it kicks in when you see the brotherhood behind him. I remember pressing replay on that particular trailer till my fingers were bruising.

Now Revelations... What can I say? I was blown away! And as many of you have said... The altair bits? The way the man who's leading him to the edge looks at what he's looking at? Ezio owning everyone? Can't help but love it.

reini03
06-08-2011, 07:05 AM
The actual best trailer is this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKrtbUinWOU).

lukaszep
06-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Revelations... There's no other game trailer like it.

Captain Tomatoz
06-08-2011, 07:29 AM
1. Revelations (epic)
2. AC1 (nostalgia)
3. AC2
4. Brotherhood

drunk-in-acre
06-08-2011, 08:13 AM
I’m on the verge between the first and the last. Both (as the other two, also) are beyond awesome but I think I’ll go with the AC1 trailer because it introduced me as well like many others for the whole series and the moment I saw it I knew I would buy the game. In that trailer just about everything was right.

On related note I am seeing a certain kind of progression on the cinematic trailers so far. I doubt that it’s intentional on Ubisoft’s part, but nevertheless here are my musings…

AC1 had the “perfect stealthy” assassination. A blade in the crowd – target down – escape – vanish. Elegant and efficient.

AC2 had a successful assassination as well, but Ezio had to do some more work to achieve his goal and he was set for an ambush also, though avoiding it.

ACB shows us a fight and Ezio supposedly going for a kill. However this time we don’t get an actual assassination.

And finally ACR trailer shows the coolest fighting and moves ever but Ezio is still in a big trouble against the overwhelming foe. Ends with Ezio’s neck on the rope.

So the progression is pretty clear going from relatively easy and safe assassination to our protagonist on the very literal edge. I think it adds a nice touch to already amazing and in my opinion the best gametrailers of all.

AntiChrist7
06-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Personally i liked the "mini"-trailers for brotherhood the most. MP launch trailer (shining bright star) is my all time favourite. the one from comic con (champion-perfect in between) is nr.2

Blind2Society
06-08-2011, 12:28 PM
All of the above.

gsosolidk
06-08-2011, 06:54 PM
I didn't include the Literal trailer because that would make it simply unfair on the rest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

xangie1
06-09-2011, 05:12 AM
I think it's quite hard to choose a favoururite among all AC trailers.

While AC1 was pretty out forward on what to expect of the game, AC2 had more atmosphere, showed us not only some new features (factions and the gun) but also a bit of the soundtrack. Brotherhood on the other hand just focused solely on epicosity (as tobuscus would name it). Very cool, and again showed features (the mini-me's you can summon) and soundtrack. On all 3 of these trailers there was at least someone talking. Never Altair or Ezio, but mostly the arch nemesis or a target did talk.

ACR on the other hand is more like the gameplay trailers. Footage with a song. I don't remember the song used for AC1 but in AC2 it was DaftPunk (I think) and ACB the wonderful Burn my shadow from UNKLE.
ACR doesn't reveal the hookblade, no soundtrack-bits and no spoken language. The only thing new is, that the Assassin shows his face (well...he's foced to).
It's an epic trailer as well (and the song used is very, very very good!), but also something completely different. I assume that this trailer focuses more on atmosphere.
And that atmosphere almost makes me cry. It's heavy, melanchonic, desperate and sad. Maybe to tell us, that the game will be more sad and dark than the previous titles?

IMHO, the ACR-trailer can't be compared to the other ones because it lacks that typical AC-feeling. It's not bad, but different. Unexpected.

That makes it very difficult for me to actualy choose a favourite.