PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy the game in PAL version

sobredosis22
11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Sorry for my English xD, anyone know where I can buy the game in PAL version PC ?

sobredosis22
11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Sorry for my English xD, anyone know where I can buy the game in PAL version PC ?

BrunnenG
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Nowhere yet.

It has only been released in North America (NTSC). There has been no specific release date for other countries other than "2012".

sobredosis22
11-02-2011, 09:48 AM
serious? I had read that would come out on the date of December this year.

BrunnenG
11-02-2011, 09:49 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...th-delayed-in-europe (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-12-rocksmith-delayed-in-europe)

Oh, hold on. For PC it won't matter at all, since PC software doesn't come in NTSC or PAL flavors (or regions either).

So yes, the PC version is due in December. You *might* have to import it, but the same version will work anywhere.

sobredosis22
11-02-2011, 11:53 AM
So if I buy the PC version on amazon I will not have problems? I'm from Spain, the language of the game will be in English?

PeanutsBrazil
09-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi,.

Do you know if will be restrictions to download DLC contect in live marketplace for PAL Rocksmith?

I have an PAL XBOX 360 console in Brazil and I am worried about having problems to purchase songs.

Tks, Bernardo

mbarsott
09-13-2012, 09:59 PM
I don't think Pal / NTSC matters for DVDs, blue-rays or game consoles. These are color standards for video transmission. My American DVD players always worked correctly with my Brazilian Pal TVs. Epecially with newer LCD and LED TV models, this should be something from the past. When I brought an old plasma NTSC only TV from the states, I had problem with cable color, though. But again, I play Rocksmith on PS3 on a Brazilian TV and everything is perfect.

As for DLC content, not sure about Xbox, but PS3 Rocksmith DLCs have been available for Brazilian PSN accounts since the beginning. Just get the American game and play.

PeanutsBrazil
09-14-2012, 01:02 AM
I don't think Pal / NTSC matters for DVDs, blue-rays or game consoles. These are color standards for video transmission. My American DVD players always worked correctly with my Brazilian Pal TVs. Epecially with newer LCD and LED TV models, this should be something from the past. When I brought an old plasma NTSC only TV from the states, I had problem with cable color, though. But again, I play Rocksmith on PS3 on a Brazilian TV and everything is perfect.

As for DLC content, not sure about Xbox, but PS3 Rocksmith DLCs have been available for Brazilian PSN accounts since the beginning. Just get the American game and play.

Ok, for sure no problem with TV NTSC / PAL, but....
But the point is that rocksmith PAL game doesn´t work in xbox 360 NTSC console (and vice-versa).

Does someone know if there is any restriction in purchasing rocksmith content in us live marketplace having an pal console and a pal rocksmith ?

I am worried about purchasing pal rocksmith for xbox and having trouble. Maybe it would be easier purchasing another console, it sucks have to wait unitl the songs will be released in europe!!!

JPS2K5
09-14-2012, 06:18 AM
I have a european account, and I can already see 90+ DLC for RS (if I log onto my Live account through my PC). Haven't bought it yet, since it's another 2 weeks before the game is released. But given the amount of DLC that's visible, I doubt there will be restrictions.

toymachinesh
09-14-2012, 11:40 AM
90+ or just 90?

Check if there's anything we don't have (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_Rocksmith)

KinchBlade
09-14-2012, 11:54 AM
I dodn't think it's really about PAL vs NTSC but rather about the region code of the game disk and/or the console.
The regional source of the DLC (USA/Europe) must match the region code of the game or they won't work together

Even on the PS3 which is not region locked at game level, here in Europe using a US copy of the game I must source DLC from the US PSN store in order or them to work. I haven't looked at he european PSN store to see if there is RS DLC available. Even if there was I strongly suspect they woun't work with my USA game disk.

The Xbox is region locked at the game level so a US game will not work in a european xbox etc
However I'm told here there are are not multiple regional-based onlinse store so maybe (but I find it very hard to imagine) the dlc is region transparent so long as you have the correct region x game for your region x xbox

The humanity!

JPS2K5
09-14-2012, 03:22 PM
90+ or just 90?

Check if there's anything we don't have (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_Rocksmith)

It's 90+. including some free stuff and the bass expansion (wich we won't need here). Everything is there, nothing missing, nothing extra. I would like to start buying, just to keep me busy. 2 DLC a day for 2 weeks would do it. But as long as no one can tell me it's safe I won't :(

reddragonhrcro
09-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Better wait for the PAL version should be out soon anyway.(Waiting here aswell)

armoury_R1
09-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Ok, for sure no problem with TV NTSC / PAL, but....
But the point is that rocksmith PAL game doesn´t work in xbox 360 NTSC console (and vice-versa).

Does someone know if there is any restriction in purchasing rocksmith content in us live marketplace having an pal console and a pal rocksmith ?

I am worried about purchasing pal rocksmith for xbox and having trouble. Maybe it would be easier purchasing another console, it sucks have to wait unitl the songs will be released in europe!!!

The same applies for PS3: although game discs technically are not region locked, certain consoles only handle games coded in NTSC or PAL, and can't handle discs of the other standard. This is despite hi-def being a single standard and the NTSC v. PAL distinction otherwise being obsolete.

As for DLC, it really depends: some DLCs are restricted to only the same region disc, some are limited by the NTSC v. PAL limitation, others are unrestricted. Best to wait until the EU discs are actually released and someone actually tries buying a non-matching DLC, and can report the result for certain.

JPS2K5
09-15-2012, 11:37 AM
It's hard to wait... All I can play is the theme from Jaws :(

Black_Widow9
09-15-2012, 10:33 PM
I would suggest waiting. ;)

As far the DLC is concerned, just so its clear-
If you are an EMEA player who imported the game already from the US, you will have to use your US created account on PSN or XBLA to get the Bass Expansion DLC or any songs you want to add.

The Bass DLC will not be releasing in the EMEA because it is included on the disk. So if you imported the US Version and you want Bass or song DLC, you will need to use the US account. The DLC will not be able to be transferred to an EMEA account. ;)