PDA

View Full Version : New computer

seacapt.
07-03-2008, 12:58 PM
How do I download SH4 on a new, (but used), computer and/or "connect" with technical assistance? I purchased and installed the game on my other computer back in February 2008 but wish now to do so on this computer.

seacapt.
07-03-2008, 12:58 PM
How do I download SH4 on a new, (but used), computer and/or "connect" with technical assistance? I purchased and installed the game on my other computer back in February 2008 but wish now to do so on this computer.

tambor198
07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Greetings, seacapt. I could be mistaken, but if you want to install SHIV on another computer you may have to purchase the download again. I think the download only covers one computer. I could be wrong about this, hopefully I am.

bunkerratt
07-03-2008, 09:03 PM
or move the data over from the old hdd?

Maverick_U2007
07-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Sorry I don't know what the problem is... my understanding is that you 'own the rights to that copy of the game' and you can install it on which ever computer you so desire.

I originally installed the game on my old computer which was incapable of running it properly. Buy a new computer and installed it on that one. No problems...up and running within 30 minutes....can't see what problems you are having???..can you explain further.

Maverick

seacapt.
07-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the responses and I in fact DID purchase another game but the activation key was not accepted and I can't seem to get any help from them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif(

tambor198
07-05-2008, 05:42 PM
I've run into this problem when I had to reinstall windows awhile back. The activation key would not work for me either. I found out that reinstalling windows deactivated the key and the UU-boat missions would not run for me. I realize this doesn't really apply to the seacapt's problem, but it might be a good idea to read the particulars on the d/l rights and rules.