PDA

View Full Version : Bodyguard

Kramerisgamer
11-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Can anyone with the game shed light on this ability?

Kramerisgamer
11-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Can anyone with the game shed light on this ability?

Cid_
11-14-2011, 09:05 AM
It creates a clone of yourself, much like Decoy, but instead it will wander around you and will stun any pursuer it meets. Your pursuer will lose the contract but you don't win any point.

daddychinn
11-14-2011, 09:48 AM
i can see even more offensive smoke being used now.

RavenLunatick
11-14-2011, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cid_:
It creates a clone of yourself, much like Decoy, but instead it will wander around you and will stun any pursuer it meets. Your pursuer will lose the contract but you don't win any point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How will it determine whether or not to stun a pursuer? If the pursuer is blended it wouldn't just pick out the pursuer would it? I assuming/hoping it only stuns a pursuer that is in high profile or has been locked/identified?

TheMute88ORL
11-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Thats a interesting ability for sure.

IDK how its gonna go when the games a month in though. We'll see. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Cid_
11-14-2011, 10:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RavenLunatick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cid_:
It creates a clone of yourself, much like Decoy, but instead it will wander around you and will stun any pursuer it meets. Your pursuer will lose the contract but you don't win any point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How will it determine whether or not to stun a pursuer? If the pursuer is blended it wouldn't just pick out the pursuer would it? I assuming/hoping it only stuns a pursuer that is in high profile or has been locked/identified? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't played with the ability much, but as far as i know it will auto stun any pursuer it comes close to, locked or not, identified or not (can't say for blended). Now, note that you don't get any point for it and it's not like it will go straight to your pursuer to stun him, it just walks around.

I guess in manhunt it could be effective if the whole team uses it, but still doesn't make any point. Pretty balanced if you ask me.

fr4nkenstein10
11-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Requiescat in pace offense and pursuers...

Target &gt; Pursuer now.
Way to go, Ubi!!!

Kramerisgamer
11-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Does it have to be killed or does it have a certain amount of time?

EnglishPhoenix
11-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I can totally see this being used to troll. I'll probably end up using it when I'm just trying to have fun and laugh.

Metalsnake27
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
What body guard does is that its essentially, a Decoy.

It walks, instead of runs, up to your pursuer when they get close. (So it doesn't run off in a random direction) and once it gets close enough to your pursuer, it will stun them if they don't kill it or avoid it.

The Body Guard will wear off if

1. It stuns your pursuer. (you get no points for the stun)
2. It is killed, you get a lure bonus.
3. The time expires. (im not sure how long the duration is)

obliviondoll
11-14-2011, 05:41 PM
So if it can stun, AND it can be killed...

Can your pursuer get a contested kill on your NPC?

And it sucks that the ability is basically designed to FORCE offensive Smoke Bomb. Killing it gives points to your target. NOT killing it loses you the contract and some time while stunned.

E-Zekiel
11-14-2011, 05:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

And it sucks that the ability is basically designed to FORCE offensive Smoke Bomb. Killing it gives points to your target. NOT killing it loses you the contract and some time while stunned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While O-Bomb is a good counter for the ability, I do not think it will be necessary at all - not to the extent of "forcing" it.

I imagine the following things will apply:

1. It will not blend - not in a convincing way. So if you actually observe the group it's in, if your target is in a moving stealth group, more than likely you can figure out which one is the bodyguard. It will most likely anchor to its user, and while it might fool players that are NOT looking for you, it is unlikely it will fool pursuers who are observant.

2. It will not do rear stuns. IE, it will stun what is in front of it, not behind it.

3. The kill will not be contestable, since NPCs cannot contest kills, and you cannot contest people killing something that is not you.

Personally, I like the sound of the ability, and as long as the above things apply (I'm sure they will) I think it'll just be fine. It's not any way to garner points, just a way to survive.

It's kind of saddening that so few people seem to realize that there are people in the game that are survival-minded first and foremost. I always have been http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Edit - I may have been wrong on my perception of blending, due to how decoy works. I forgot that decoy in AC:B, you target an NPC and THAT becomes your decoy.

With that said, that means the bodyguard may very well blend. However, if it does work that way, I think it's safe to say the bodyguard will not actually follow you to the nail, so much as YOU are following IT. Still fine, imo.

Redbanana27
11-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Escoblades recently posted two videos.

One of corruption and one of Chest Capture.

He uses bodyguard in both and i see it as a fair ability and not OP'd or anything, definatly adds something new ro he multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
11-14-2011, 06:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

And it sucks that the ability is basically designed to FORCE offensive Smoke Bomb. Killing it gives points to your target. NOT killing it loses you the contract and some time while stunned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While O-Bomb is a good counter for the ability, I do not think it will be necessary at all - not to the extent of "forcing" it.

I imagine the following things will apply:

1. It will not blend - not in a convincing way. So if you actually observe the group it's in, if your target is in a moving stealth group, more than likely you can figure out which one is the bodyguard. It will most likely anchor to its user, and while it might fool players that are NOT looking for you, it is unlikely it will fool pursuers who are observant.

2. It will not do rear stuns. IE, it will stun what is in front of it, not behind it.

3. The kill will not be contestable, since NPCs cannot contest kills, and you cannot contest people killing something that is not you.

Personally, I like the sound of the ability, and as long as the above things apply (I'm sure they will) I think it'll just be fine. It's not any way to garner points, just a way to survive.

It's kind of saddening that so few people seem to realize that there are people in the game that are survival-minded first and foremost. I always have been http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Edit - I may have been wrong on my perception of blending, due to how decoy works. I forgot that decoy in AC:B, you target an NPC and THAT becomes your decoy.

With that said, that means the bodyguard may very well blend. However, if it does work that way, I think it's safe to say the bodyguard will not actually follow you to the nail, so much as YOU are following IT. Still fine, imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Point 3 is broken by the fact that NPCs don't normally stun you either. Obviously, a contested kill wouldn't give the player points, but it might still slow the pursuer as well as costing them the contract (and the player would get the Lure bonus which is worth the same points-wise as Honourable Death anyway).

As for no rear stuns, that's a fairly obvious necessity.

I'm defensively minded in ACB myself, but I found ACB to mostly be pretty fair for defensive players. ACR is trying too hard to cater to defense and with the changes they're adding, it's breaking defense by encouragng the most frustrating offensive tactics. Thrown OSB means the bodyguard and player are out of commision and you can rush them. Not doing so means you have to time your approach around the bodyguard (which makes you even more obvious than you already are) and hope the target doesn't have another defensive ability available, because they WILL see you coming. Especially with the whispers being more obvious and well-promoted this time around.

ACSisterHood
11-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Hmm, this one ability I really would like to try out. However I'm concerned how Templar vision would work with this ability.

Yet again, always good to experiment and perhaps then more players will have different preferences now.

ABXantos
11-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Manipulate the compass.

If the copy is moving towards you and your compass meter isn't getting full, go around it.

Also it can be screened.

This ability however is more effective for use in Steal the Artifact for it will fake you out by having the Kill Artifact Holder icon above it.

Once again, manipulate the compass and screen.

Or if you smoke bomb, smoke it, push it. If its pushed. Congrats now get out of the way before it stuns you.