PDA

View Full Version : game crashes in MP

shockwave972
12-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Vegas CTD with no warning all the time!!!Why is it was I like a game theres all ways something to suck the fun out of it.
Please fix and also notice sound bug like 360bug where gun sound contines on intill that player dies.
Please fix crashes for MP soon this sucks.

shockwave972
12-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Vegas CTD with no warning all the time!!!Why is it was I like a game theres all ways something to suck the fun out of it.
Please fix and also notice sound bug like 360bug where gun sound contines on intill that player dies.
Please fix crashes for MP soon this sucks.

shockwave972
12-13-2006, 07:26 PM
OK now eveytime i try join a MP game it CTD if I hit refresh CTD if I pick custom match CTD!!
This need a quick fix now!Game is unplayable for MP games!

Col._Bowen
12-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Yes, I have this problem too. I've yet to play ANY MP game as it crashes as soon as I go to connect and it crashes half the time I just go to search for servers! I really hope you guys fix the MP bug very soon since that's where all the replay value will be in.

Aside from the bugs and I'm assuming this will be fixed, this is really a kick@ss game! I love the snake came and the ability to target Tangos before you enter!

KungFu_CIA
12-13-2006, 08:15 PM
I am going to add myself to this list http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Just seconds ago, I tried to use the "Custom Match" function and got the "Searching Network" dialog box... And them BAM! Crash to Desktop with no warning.

I wonder if the master server is down (being upgraded to 1.01) and the game is trying to connect to "nothing" and this is the default behavior when it can't connect???

KungFu_CIA
12-13-2006, 08:30 PM
UPDATE:

I figured out why it crashes.

If you have it set to find ALL matches and ALL game types it will CTD.

Therefore, you must... MUST... Narrow the search down to a game type. I did this with all the game modes and I was able to find servers just fine.

However, if I set it back to the default search "ALL" game types it CTD.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
12-13-2006, 08:33 PM
I am having this problem as well. It gets frustrating having to lauch the game back and forth, especially when you are in the mood of playing online.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1850/sxtekcopyxm3.png (http://www.silentx.net)

Col._Bowen
12-13-2006, 08:37 PM
That may be true but for multi-core users, there is a reason why your game is crashing. You need to set it to run off one core. I got this from another post so here's how you do it:

Go to Windows Task Manager by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete then go to processes then right click on the R6 exe then to affinity and set it on only 1 core. There problem solved it is now not trying to run off of 2 cores.

Unfortunately, you have to do this everything you load the game from your desktop. I'm sure this will be fixed soon, but until then, this is what you'll have to do if you have a multi-core proc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KungFu_CIA:
UPDATE:

Therefore, you must... MUST... Narrow the search down to a game type. I did this with all the game modes and I was able to find servers just fine.

However, if I set it back to the default search "ALL" game types it CTD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JanderMoonstar
12-13-2006, 08:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Col._Bowen:
Go to Windows Task Manager by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete then go to processes then right click on the R6 exe then to affinity and set it on only 1 core. There problem solved it is now not trying to run off of 2 cores. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem described by KungFu doesn't seem like one that would be caused by multi-cores. Plus, as far as I know, Vegas should handle multi-cores better than SCDA since it's Unreal3-based.

Col._Bowen
12-13-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm sure there are problems that don't have anything to do with multicores, but I have one and this fixed it immediately. Unfortunately I don't know what the other problems are but I'm sure Ubisoft will fix them soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JanderMoonstar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Col._Bowen:
Go to Windows Task Manager by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete then go to processes then right click on the R6 exe then to affinity and set it on only 1 core. There problem solved it is now not trying to run off of 2 cores. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem described by KungFu doesn't seem like one that would be caused by multi-cores. Plus, as far as I know, Vegas should handle multi-cores better than SCDA since it's Unreal3-based. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TJ777777
12-14-2006, 09:54 AM
yeah well my problem is nothing like that i host a game we get playing for about 4mins and boom game crashes as we engage tangos ???

BLOODUK
12-14-2006, 10:00 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/7261059315

/me waves "i have crashing too"... ( LAN MODE )

p.s ITS NOT related to dual core , because half the people that are experiencing crashing on some of the lan servers ive been on dont even have dual core.

BeCiDel
12-14-2006, 12:01 PM
same crash - wasn´t yesterday.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Devs make their best within deadline... Boss sez - Nice, lets move on !

BeCiDel
12-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Now it works again. Only thing i had to do was to change to the original dvd rom that i installed the game with (got 2 dvd roms)<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Devs make their best within deadline... Boss sez - Nice, lets move on !

TJ777777
12-14-2006, 01:18 PM
yeah i been gettin alot of crashes in mp i just wish it would work cuz its fun......single player i have not encountered any crashes what so ever.....so really if they could get a quick fix out for the multiplayer part of it and some minor single player bugs (not many i have noticed) then we be good to go

see u guys ingame

DirtH2o
12-14-2006, 01:52 PM
That may be true but for multi-core users, there is a reason why your game is crashing. You need to set it to run off one core. I got this from another post so here's how you do it:

Go to Windows Task Manager by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete then go to processes then right click on the R6 exe then to affinity and set it on only 1 core. There problem solved it is now not trying to run off of 2 cores.

Unfortunately, you have to do this everything you load the game from your desktop. I'm sure this will be fixed soon, but until then, this is what you'll have to do if you have a multi-core proc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KungFu_CIA:
UPDATE:

However, if I set it back to the default search "ALL" game types it CTD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
dual core has nothing to do with it , it does the same on one core

lushdog
12-15-2006, 05:01 AM
See post "Lan Crashes with Hamachi" thread.

Col._Bowen
12-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Perhaps not with all crashes,but it fixed my problem immediately when I implemented the fix for multi-core procs and I went from it crashing 100% of the time when trying to connect, to connecting 100% of the time after the fix! So if you have a multi-core proc, you should at least try it as it's VERY possible that could be the problem. It worked for me!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DirtH2o:

UPDATE:

However, if I set it back to the default search "ALL" game types it CTD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
dual core has nothing to do with it , it does the same on one core </div></BLOCKQUOTE>