PDA

View Full Version : Patch v1.03 OFFICIAL FEEDBACK

Rhoulette
06-14-2005, 12:25 PM

friendly_skater
06-14-2005, 12:35 PM
there have been numerous negative comments about the unintended uses of the Motion Detection vision mode

while it does a good job of detecting movements, mercs can exploit the goggle by using it as a "nightvision" goggle

i agree that it be fixed so that it can only be used to detect motion and nothing else

-----------
another thing is the sound problem after turning off enhanced reality

in sabotage missions, it is easier to find bombs when you turn off enhanced reality but once you do, you lose sound

-----------
another is people not being able to join when the game is already in progress

lets say a server launchs a game with 3 people present.

a person from lobby or friends end up not being able to join the server with "server disconnected" message, or the server simply does not show up

wild21crazy
06-14-2005, 12:42 PM
The main problem that I have with the new patch is connecting to ubi. I go and try to connect to a server and i get the server not avalible message or the ubi validation error. The other problem I have had is that while in game i sometimes completly lose connection to ubi and then i try to log back on and it says that the user is already logged on. These are the main problems I have had, and I cant say anything about the coop because most of the time it is impossible to find a person who doesnt lag while you play.

Section8_1975
06-14-2005, 12:43 PM
I just bought the game because a friend asked me to so that we could play COOP together. Well we can't play COOP together because it is so annoyingly frustrating that we can't save our game in COOP and play from that save game point without being disconnected immediately after loading it. We are both running the 1.03 patch and have tried everything listed in this forum to help us attain what appears to be an impossible feat of playing from a save game point. So is there a new patch on the way for this?

Cheet4hC.A.T.
06-14-2005, 12:43 PM
some people still blame the uzi of creating the lag

Spekkio9
06-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I can't speak for Coop cuz I don't play it, but here's the issues with versus:

New bugs since 1.03:

-SS+Flashbang doesn't work half the time.

Old issues that have yet to be resolved:

-Mercs can glith their way into spy spawn on factory.
-Sniper bug where you hold your breath and turn wildly still exists.
******!!!!Motion-tracking exploit still exists. A person who sets Post-Rendering quality to High has night vision for all intents and purposes, plus an early warning system if the spy is behind him. We want the spies to appear translucent in MT (like EMF when they aren't using any equipment) unless they are moving. Also, it's garbage that it works for spies above, below, and behind the merc. I believe the detection should only be in the merc's field of view. If you're not looking at the spy, it shouldn't catch him.(please tell Ubi to make this their top priority for SvM in the next patch).
-Balancing issues in Missile Sector 2 (an MT fix might really help this one though).
-Balancing issues in Station Sector 2 if you bomb the basement (MT fix might help this as well, but really we need some vent resizing so the spies can at least draw their guns when the mercs are attacking them).
-Sound Issues. Clearly the most buggy part of this game is the sound. Aquarius is the worst culprit with this. There is also a definite sound bug that if you disable the Hud, you will stop hearing certain SFX after a bit.
-Bug where a game started with 3/4 people will disappear from the lobby list and be un-joinable has not been fixed.

ADDED:

-With custom maps, we really need an option for being able to download maps straight from the servers. Not everyone checks the forums and therefore won't download maps that way. It would be much more convenient to just do it in-game.
-Random Instant Frag grenades need to be fixed.
-The glitch that allows mercs to get into Factory spawn needs to be fixed.
-While we're at changes, we'd really appreciate a way to hop over a rail and grab onto the ledge all in one motion.
-Xan just found this...buggy mines in Station sector 2. If you get the neut obj with the train and plant proxies at the bottom vent, they blow up and kill the spy even if he's still inside the vent.
-A silent thermoptic camoflauge activation. That little zoom noise can be heard from VERY far away, and often gets the spies killed.

ADDED 6/20:
-Can we PLEASE have a way to start the game with just 2 spies or just 2 mercs? Xbox can do this, why not PC?

I will tell you that these issues don't have anything to do with compatibility issues. It's just the way the game works.

krazoa
06-14-2005, 01:04 PM
The MT is what I believe is top priority for the reasons stated above! Also, fix coop. I can't play it... And I know many others have the same problems.

scworld
06-14-2005, 01:17 PM
I havent been able to join any coop server (played like 10 games in total), but I think coop got worse. I only tried to join 20 servers, so I might be mistaken. Note that this is not sarcasm, but the truth.
MT should be altered, and I agree with most of the proposed Versus problems.

Thanks for the update http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S.a.S-Akbari
06-14-2005, 01:21 PM
For all the humanity, FIX MOTION DETECTOR PLEASE!!!!

XyZspineZyX
06-14-2005, 01:29 PM
It made versus better but the coop still doesn't work right.

S.a.S-Mosar
06-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Spekkio9:

New bugs since 1.03:

******!!!!Motion-tracking exploit still exists. A person who sets Post-Rendering quality to High has night vision for all intents and purposes, plus an early warning system if the spy is behind him. We want the spies to appear translucent in MT (like EMF when they aren't using any equipment) unless they are moving (please tell Ubi to make this their top priority for SvM in the next patch).
-Balancing issues in Missile Sector 2 (an MT fix might really help this one though).
-Balancing issues in Station Sector 2 if you bomb the basement (MT fix might help this as well, but really we need some vent resizing so the spies can at least draw their guns when the mercs are attacking them).
-Sound Issues. Clearly the most buggy part of this game is the sound. Aquarius is the worst culprit with this. There is also a definite sound bug that if you disable the Hud, you will stop hearing certain SFX after a bit.
-Bug where a game started with 3/4 people will disappear from the lobby list and be un-joinable has not been fixed.
ADDED: With custom maps, we really need an option for being able to download maps straight from the servers. Not everyone checks the forums and therefore won't download maps that way. It would be much more convenient to just do it in-game.

I will tell you that this doesn't have anything to do with compatibility issues. It's just the way the game works.

Quoted for you know what!

Chimera87
06-14-2005, 01:38 PM
im not happy with it

i dont play versus no more, cuz i had enough of it after PT, but i was able to play coop via internet after patch 1.01 and 1.02, but patch 1.03 made me unable to play it. I dont know how this happened, but via LAN it still works as far as i know....

hope this helps abit - i cant say if the coops bugs are fixed, cuz sofar since the patch i wasnt able to test it - ill post another post after my next lan, which should b within a week...

ill report any bugs i can find http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TetragrammatonX
06-14-2005, 01:53 PM
(1) The MT is too powerful. Spies that are sitting still should be invisible - not black human shaped objects that are obviously spies.

(2) The camo is completely useless in competitive play. Please make camo activation silent and MAYBE people will use it again. Maybe.

(3) The EAX support is buggy. Players with EAX can hear spies across the entire map (50-100 yard away!) Please tone down the EAX effect OR if it is too time-consuming/difficult from a programming point of view, please simply disable EAX support. (I have EAX btw, so I'm not saying this out of spite)

Chairmaker-US
06-14-2005, 02:08 PM
I had an ATI 9700 pro. I had the "Uzi" bug. I bought a new video card a week before the patch came out! I was going to wait (on buying a video card) unitl I had the money to buy a a PCI express/SLI motherboard. Rather than going the old Agp route. I figured this would be a better way to spend my money. But, in the end I didn't believe UBI would ever fix the **** bub! I love this game so much I bought an obsolete piece of equipment! Rhoulette, this is the thing people are talking about. Why would Ubi want to alienate me! (by ignoring the community or simply waitng forever to fix bugs) I went out an spent hard earned money so that I could experience the game without your silly bug. Clearly, I am going to be around.

So, in short. I do not know if Patch 1.03 fixed the UZI bug. I have heard some players complain the "lag" is still there. I believe they are incorrect. What the players who complain about "UZI lag" now are experiencing is just the rapid rate of bullets slamming in their (spy) bodies. When this happens the spy tends to be unable to move.... which is only normal. You wouldn't be able to climb up a wall either if eight bullets had just slammed into your torso. I do not believe anyone is experiencing the massive FPS drops down to 4 - 10, that we were getting. I have also had the pleasent experience of dealing with someone who claimed he still had the UZI bug. He claimed it was because of his ATI 9600! Which, of course, is total garbage. Proving that people (noobs!), will do anything rather then accept responsibility for their lack of skills.

Basicly Rhoulette, if you believe you are receiving contradictory reports about the patch. Ask one of the respected players who had the UZI bug and still have the same GPU's from before the patch. I am sure if you check the following thread, you will find many such players. I recommend starting out with the threads creator Total.ck

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954105331/m/8151029003

Also, plenty of people use Camo competitively. I know of several in CK alone who use it very effectively. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Spekkio9
06-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I use camo too, if the map is open enough.

In factory, it's great because it hides you from MT in those big huge rooms.

In Station, also great for the same reason.

Aquarius...not really, no real open spaces, and the same goes for Club House. Plus, spy bullets are essential when hacking the garden objectives.

Orphanage: again, plenty of closed spaces and lots of different routes in the second floor, so I use bullets. The third floor is so tight that the mercs see you if you're camo'ed anyway, and hear you.

Missile:
I'm at a loss what to take for this map. I use my normal smoke/chaff/cam combo, and for the fourth I don't know. Spy bullets/hb sensor are useless bc sector 2 and 3 are one room, you know where they [the mercs] are. I could take flash, but then A) it only works for a ss+flash combo and B) that doesn't work sometimes since the new patch. So I guess I take camo for sector two, it helps when crawling around in the dark.

But I digress; at first I didn't think so, but upon many hours of play I think camo should activate silently. I've caught so many spies activating that thing near me.

Valserp
06-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I'll be voting on fixing MT, too. It shouldn't enable mercs to see stationary spies in dark corners, maybe it shouldn't even detect spies that are BEHIND the merc. I'd settle for nerfing at LEAST one of these benefits.

Oh and I can't give you an accurate vote on the poll since I don't play coop very much. And I had no problems with it before. Guess I'm one of the lucky few.

Spekkio9
06-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Ah yes, I second that opinion...

MT should only work in the merc's field of vision. It should not detect every little movement except for slow crouch crawling above, behind, and below the merc.

dmb1435
06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
about SS+cam, they made it so you can't when CT started, that was one of the fixes, if it does work it's a bug. Sorry if that was posted

acdx
06-14-2005, 03:25 PM
With custom maps, we really need an option for being able to download maps straight from the servers. Not everyone checks the forums and therefore won't download maps that way. It would be much more convenient to just do it in-game. What's even nicer is that everyone's game starts lagging like hell when someone suddenly decides to start downloading a custom map from the host's computer during a match. :/

Anyways, MT has to be fixed. This can't be emphasized enough.

BTW there should be a poll option for "v1.03 had no results"

Luseinad
06-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Just one word for the people at ubi: thanks for finally revealing at least a little concern for the good of your community. I just hope that you'll be able to support it as well as you produce your games.

krazoa
06-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Ever since 1.01 (never installed 1.02) I've been getting a strange bug as spy sometimes. I can hear the merc breathe through the gasmask ALL THE TIME even though he's not using it. And I can use that as a benefit - I can hear when he's near and when he's not cause the volume changes when he walks away or comes. I don't know how it happens but it does and I want it to be fixed since it's not fair.

BooBerry.Ck
06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Everything Spekkio said is what utimately needs to be done for Versus, I dont' play Coop . . .

Reason I don't play COOP? Becuase I can't start SP. Starforce messes up everything becuase My DVD-ROM drive doesn't support it or something. It keeps giving me two differant errors every time I try to start it. Either cd-key not verified or no disc inside. I am able to get it to start up once in a blue moon which enables me to play some, but its a 1 in a million shot it will work. Good thing you don't need the CD to play Versus.

Also its not like starforce works, SCCT is easily copied/ripped like any other game without starforce would.

But anyway, I really don't care, Versus is where its at and Spekkio's post said everything that needs to be fixed.

Wait there is one more thing, But I can't say it here . . . Its probably known by some people already but I don't want every person in the community to know it. I'll PM you the glitch details shortly.

And like you said in the RIP SCCT Thread Rhoulette, this community isn't Completely disregarded, we have gotten 3 patches. But UBI is the only game developer I have ever dealt with that has patches that fixes some things and completey destroys others. And in between the patches, they are completey Silent, giving us no feedback or anything about the progress of the next patch or whether or not there will be one. In fact this is the first time I've seen you post in a month or two . . .at least here in the SCCT PC Boards that is. I probably missed one though, I don't visit everyday . . . yeah Okay I do, I have no life . . . but still I could have missed it.

StarSoft_Cow
06-14-2005, 06:16 PM
I think COOP should be fixed. I think it is for many ppl (including me) the reason why to buy this game. Cooop is completely new, the game got promoted with it, and not with Versus. Ofcourse Versus is much better then PT but i think when you promote your game that much with it, it should work flawles.

Dreakon1313
06-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Indeed, I believe that Coop should be top priority. Sorry all you SvMers but its true. Most of us can't even play coop, no less play it well and actually enjoy it.

I would love to see 1.04 with a TON of massive Coop fixes (that actually fix things) and maybe some nice versus fixes (MT, etc) thrown in for everyone else.

Spekkio9
06-14-2005, 07:59 PM
The real issue here is that there are MANY aspects to CT that needs to be fixed, SvM and Coop.

The first patch did almost nothing. Actually, we'll never know what it did because we all had it when the game came out. Obviously, though, there were still issues.

1.02 did nothing. Everyone had the same issues.

I don't know what 1.03 did for Coop, but it did 1 change to SvM -- the Uzi bug. This is after I and others have submitted numerous long lists about what needs to be fixed going as far back as the beta.

The bottom line here is not that Ubi hasn't given us patches, it's that the patches only fixed very little. Put it this way; we waited like 2 months for patch 1.02 to come out, and it didn't fix a darn thing. All 1.03 did for SvM is fix the Uzi, and from what I'm hearing it didn't fix coop too well.

So really, Ubi, if you're going to patch the game, do it right. Address all issues. Don't address only Coop or only SvM issues. Anything that can be improved upon, do it. Whenever I see patches for other games, the changelist is like 2 pages long. Ubi's is like 1/4 of a page. It's like we wait for a patch for months and when it comes, it seems like the programmers put together a half-assed patch in 4 hours when they got around to it. I know they have other projects to deal with, but if that's the case then don't release the game until it's working 100%.

So as far as what should be top priority? EVERYTHING. The game has gone through 3 inadequate patches. Get the fourth one right, for the sake of your business.

Havoconline
06-14-2005, 08:41 PM
since the patch my game crashes more often. It will freeze while I'm in a LOBBY.

Before the patch everyone could join my server and I everyones, after the patch, most can't join mine and half the time I have to get lucky to join anyone elses.

A few ppl along with me still get the bug where it drops the user from the game, but the user is still running around until he realizes the time has stopped.

Camnet Bug - When I use camnet it works fine but sometimes once I get off, on my screen everything is normal but in actuality my merc model is still looking at his wrist(on camnet). When this happens, I can berserk a spy dead on but the game won't register the hit. I can also put my gasmask on(with it being used) but any smoke or cam will still put me to sleep. Half the time I won't be able to nade or place/remove mines. All because the game thinks I'm still looking at my wrist. It basically makes my merc useless whats worse is when it does happen I won't know until I can't actually kill the spy outright or some other glitch is going on(unless of course my partner sees me and tells me I'm glitched). When this happens there is a small chance that I will suddenly not be able to move at all at any given time until the end of the game or until my partner kills me or I kill myself. When I do die to try and fix it, there is a SMALL chance things go back to normal, MOST of the time it just puts me in spectator mode and I have to sit the game out.

This same thing happens to spies when they throw cams or go back to old cams, they won't be able to dive/taze/throw or drop nades/etc until they are killed. They of course won't know though, until someone tells them they were looking at thier wrist.

cheewaga
06-14-2005, 09:43 PM
To be honest, my experience with 1.03 is no different than with 1.0. I did not notice anything better or worse.

I have experienced ZERO problems with versus games, but I rarely play it.

For cooperative play, everything works fine, but once in awhile there will be random disconnects. It doesn't happen that much, maybe only like 1 out of 5 games I will get a random disconnect. Overall the cooperative experience for me has been REALLY fun and I look forward to new cooperative maps!

Spekkio9
06-15-2005, 12:00 AM
More bugs:

Camnet bug again: using a sticky cam's gas on a merc in camnet sometimes doesn't work. Usually, though, they hear gas, panic, and exit the view which then causes them to be KO.

Falling/Vision bug: If you fall from a high surface, you usually land hard and grunt. However, you can glitch this by switching your vision just before you land.

cheese_thief
06-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Dreakon1313:
...and maybe some nice versus fixes (MT, etc) thrown in for everyone else.

No, no, NO! You see, things that are just "thrown in" never cease to **** up something else in the game that was just fine before! We want the devs to actually CARE what is going into the patch (including our feedback!), anything less is unacceptable. Yea, fix the stupid glitches, but DON'T screw the other things up.

Tripp_0
06-15-2005, 02:24 AM
Idea's to fix SCCT....hmmm let me see.

How about you guys (ubi) try to come up with a system similar to steam? Now I know you cant duplicate it (seeing as how that would be STEALING) but why not try to use an idea like it, such as CONSISTENT updates to the game, (devs find a bug one day, fix it, upload it, let us download it automatically). That would make the community alot happier I think if we had something like that.

As for the COOP Load/Save problem, we have sorta found the solution to that. It resides within the mouse code somewhere, im not saying thats the only thing contributing to it, but it seems to have the biggest effect on the ability to quick save and quick load.

As for the map editor, I saw a few people wanting to implement custom sounds into the game. Well, why the hell not? If you can do it with VAVLe's map editor (hammer) SURLY you can do it with UnrealED. Of course if you cant, im sure the dev's could easily add that feature.

Just my thoughts, feel free to run them into the ground since thats all half the people do here anyways.

MR.Mic
06-15-2005, 03:14 AM
Something like steam would be nice (hey, its better copy protection than a backwards starforce hackjob). But sadly, I doubt the developers care enough to do that. In fact, they have only been doing just the bare minimum to keep people playing (And that isnt going too well either).

The pc just isnt a profitable platform. I think UBI would rather spend more time where the money is... The XBOX.

scworld
06-15-2005, 04:13 AM
@Mic: Xbox hasnt got 1 patch yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

timmieboy2
06-15-2005, 04:45 AM
make it possible to have more then 1 person as spy/merc without enemies, sometimes im with a friend and i want to try things out with 2 spies without needing a (bored) merc

SITHDUKE
06-15-2005, 05:48 AM
Rarely but it has happend repeatedly when i go to Pickup/Dropoff a Disk my spy will enter an animation and Infinatly LOOP causing me to be completly useless. This is severly irritating considering the last time it happend i'd of won the game and as a result i lost. I belive it's because my spy isn't near enough to the disk and the animation "forces" the spy to shift position.

x_raz0r
06-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Ok a few things i think Versus mode needs:

A menu interface more like the Co-Op one, with a chat thing, with the games above it, so people who aren't in a game or lobby, can chat to each other, to find or organise a game together, and this would also make it easier to find people in your own country, as im from Australia and find it fairly difficult to find games with a ping less than 3 or 4 hundred and higher.

Also, the ability for dead players to chat to each other, so they don't get so bored while waiting for the game to end.

And why World, US, then a Lobby thing for each Major European Country? (i think)
it should all just be the one thing, with the chat, so people can talk, and all the games all over the world are shown, as almost everyone goes to "World" anyway...

Clicking the "Terms Of Use", every SINGLE **** TIME i play the game is also annoying... i should only have to agree to that ONCE, who reads that stuff anyway?

Also the ability to change the menu resolution with the game would be nice... as the whole menu system looks identical, no matter what resolution you have... everything is so BIG. It's also annoying how even one 1280x1024 a chat message in game is massive and goes all the way across the screen blocking full view.

i think that's all for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Spiritmonger4
06-15-2005, 06:56 AM
Ok dint read all posts before:

This are my probs: FOr versus mode

MOTION VISION IS WAY TO GOOD, FIX IT. Make it like all red that u cant see anything with it, now its a nightvision. Prob with night vision is that it detects u even if u ran around a corner it still follows u for at least 2/3 meters.

FIX THE FREAKING UZI LAG, pleople say its fixed, but with my radeon 9600 pro i still getl agged, and die withing 1/2 seconds without me able to move.

Make gasmask rechargeable with backpackk on. Just so u can put it back on for the half of time.

If spy is hacking u cant bash him, needs a fix 2

Spiritmonger4
06-15-2005, 06:57 AM
Thats all for Versus mode i ment

Leviathon306
06-15-2005, 06:59 AM
You guys covered most of what I wanted to say, but about MT, I think it shouldn't track camo, and yeah that "nightvision" thing really sucks. Also I find that MT is very slow to pick up moving spies. Sometimes I see the spies shadow moving around on MT and MT doesn't draw the tracking box until about 2-3 seconds later.

Luseinad
06-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Leviathon306:
You guys covered most of what I wanted to say, but about MT, I think it shouldn't track camo

Motion tracking captures the vibrations on the air, so basically, it should not reveal cammo per se but should still be able to catch a moving spie going too fast for MT.

Defcon_5
06-15-2005, 09:13 AM
And please Ubi, please hear to your community.

Change that you can play with 2 SPYS and 0 Mercs

Thx

Btw. Fix MT, make carmo quite, fix EAX and give us more custom maps. Now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

timmieboy2
06-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Defcon_5:

thats basicly what i said, only make it possible 3 spies vs 0 mercs, and 4 vs 0, and 0 vs 2 etc.

S.a.S-Akbari
06-15-2005, 11:33 AM
ubi cant
nd please Ubi, please hear to your community.

Thx

Btw. Fix MT, make carmo quite, fix EAX and give us more custom maps. Now

they cant give us Custom maps , we have to make em our selfs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Valserp
06-15-2005, 12:48 PM
*******ed post*

LOL, that enough for ye, Rhoulette?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Dreakon1313
06-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by cheese_thief:
No, no, NO! You see, things that are just "thrown in" never cease to **** up something else in the game that was just fine before! We want the devs to actually CARE what is going into the patch (including our feedback!), anything less is unacceptable. Yea, fix the stupid glitches, but DON'T screw the other things up.
As much as I want Ubi to fix those parts of SvM for you guys, I would much, much, much rather see a well thought out patch that actually makes Coop playable for people. It's much more important as the game has been out for a bit over 2 months and Coop still doesnt work.

Now, I am not saying dont fix SvM, because that is very important too. I just believe Coop should take priority over it since it's in much worse shape. Just thinking they will fix everything in 1 patch is a childish pipe dream. Of course it would be nice to see everything fixed in one, hefty superpatch, but I honestly dont see it happening.

P.S: I meant "thrown in" as it's a working, tested fix and decided to release with the patch.

Section8_1975
06-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Tripp_0:
Idea's to fix SCCT....hmmm let me see.

How about you guys (ubi) try to come up with a system similar to steam? Now I know you cant duplicate it (seeing as how that would be STEALING) but why not try to use an idea like it, such as CONSISTENT updates to the game, (devs find a bug one day, fix it, upload it, let us download it automatically). That would make the community alot happier I think if we had something like that.

<span class="ev_code_PINK">As for the COOP Load/Save problem, we have sorta found the solution to that. It resides within the mouse code somewhere, im not saying thats the only thing contributing to it, but it seems to have the biggest effect on the ability to quick save and quick load.</span>

As for the map editor, I saw a few people wanting to implement custom sounds into the game. Well, why the hell not? If you can do it with VAVLe's map editor (hammer) SURLY you can do it with UnrealED. Of course if you cant, im sure the dev's could easily add that feature.

Just my thoughts, feel free to run them into the ground since thats all half the people do here anyways.

<span class="ev_code_PINK">So what do you do to get around the COOP Save problem? Keep buying different mice until you find one that is compatible with it?</span>

Total.Ck_
06-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Bugs that need to be fixed:

New bugs since 1.03:

******!!!!Motion-tracking exploit still exists. A person who sets Post-Rendering quality to High has night vision for all intents and purposes, plus an early warning system if the spy is behind him. We want the spies to appear translucent in MT (like EMF when they aren't using any equipment) unless they are moving. Also, it's garbage that it works for spies above, below, and behind the merc. I believe the detection should only be in the merc's field of view. If you're not looking at the spy, it shouldn't catch him.(please tell Ubi to make this their top priority for SvM in the next patch).
ADDED: With custom maps, we really need an option for being able to download maps straight from the servers. Not everyone checks the forums and therefore won't download maps that way. It would be much more convenient to just do it in-game.

I will tell you that this doesn't have anything to do with compatibility issues. It's just the way the game works.
- If spies are in the middle of an animation, they can not be charged. They are basically invincible while in an animation (hacking an ND, climbing a ledg, etc). This is known as the animation bug.
- Players that are disconnected in the middle of a match can not rejoin that match unless the host returns to lobby. This bug did not exist in CT.
- The elevator on Orphanage does not work right. If you try to go from 1st to 2nd floor, it will just close and then open doors. However if you try again it will work. This can be problematic if the spies are rushing upstairs. The elevator also won't work on the 2nd and 3rd floors unless it has previously been brought to the 2nd floor from the 1st.

Also, I can't speak for the Uzi bug since I bought a new video card. I had a feeling Ubi would take forever to deliver a fix and they indeed did. Ask Cocopebbles.Ck though, he was an expert on the problem and still uses his 9500 Pro.

It should also be noted that people with 9600s or other video cards besides the 9500 or 9700 DO NOT HAVE THE UZI BUG! Any slowdown they may be noticing is due to their card simply being too slow. The Uzi bbug would happen if a merc with a Uzi simply appeared in the spies field of view. Firing the gun did not cause the slowdown.

Spekkio9
06-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Total.Ck_:
Bugs that need to be fixed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spekkio9:

New bugs since 1.03:

- If spies are in the middle of an animation, they can not be charged. They are basically invincible while in an animation (hacking an ND, climbing a ledg, etc). This is known as the animation bug.
- Players that are disconnected in the middle of a match can not rejoin that match unless the host returns to lobby. This bug did not exist in CT.
- The elevator on Orphanage does not work right. If you try to go from 1st to 2nd floor, it will just close and then open doors. However if you try again it will work. This can be problematic if the spies are rushing upstairs. The elevator also won't work on the 2nd and 3rd floors unless it has previously been brought to the 2nd floor from the 1st.

Also, I can't speak for the Uzi bug since I bought a new video card. I had a feeling Ubi would take forever to deliver a fix and they indeed did. Ask Cocopebbles.Ck though, he was an expert on the problem and still uses his 9500 Pro.

It should also be noted that people with 9600s or other video cards besides the 9500 or 9700 DO NOT HAVE THE UZI BUG! Any slowdown they may be noticing is due to their card simply being too slow. The Uzi bbug would happen if a merc with a Uzi simply appeared in the spies field of view. Firing the gun did not cause the slowdown. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-If a spy is poisoned and grabs a merc, his health meter will deplete to the bottom but the spy will live.

krazoa
06-15-2005, 04:35 PM
The "Allow Voice Chat in Lobby" option for hosts should be an individual choice. Why does the host get to decide if the players can chat with each other or not? If he doesn't like the noises or etc, he can just turn it off in his own little individual setting, as can the clients. It doesn't make much sense that his choice will affect everyone.

Something should be done with the server titles in the GAMES LIST. Make them red or yellow so that people will actually spot them - most noobs join a no noobs server and have no idea what the server title says. They only look at map and # of players. Fix it somehow cause it's very annoying when people don't read the server titles.

Also - why doesn't the auto-join function work in Versus like it does in Coop? It's bugging me, cause I'm too lazy to hit the "OK" button or whatever it says everytime I log in. Why have an auto-join function if it doesn't work?

Luseinad
06-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Is it just me, or is Ubi ignoring us again?

We've been talking endlessly, we've build this topic to three pages in one single day and still no feedback?!

What the hell is Ubi doing now? Pretending they don't have to fix anything again?

DucusSumus
06-15-2005, 06:16 PM
I strongly agree that motion tracking needs to be the number one priority for a new patch. This is the single biggest problem with CT. Motion tracking should not be nightvision.

There are also two glitches that I would like to see fixed, but I won't mention them here because I'm not sure that everyone knows about them and I don't want to spread the word. If you want, I can PM them to you, Rhoulette.

StarSoft_Cow
06-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Maybee they are collecting all the bugs that are beeing placed here. And that is a big job if you have ppl in between them with some smart comments. What would they say at every bug? "We are working on it?" no. We know they are working on it, and if not, any comment of them would not make you think anything else... So just wait for the new patch, and see if they listened to us. If not, then there is always time to tell them they are not listening.

Dreakon1313
06-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by DucusSumus:
I strongly agree that motion tracking needs to be the number one priority for a new patch. This is the single biggest problem with CT.
That and the coop that doesnt work for 90% of the people on the forums. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

TunaAGENT
06-15-2005, 07:58 PM
If Ubi would sit down and design a patch that did these..........

1) Change the MT so it isn't godly and you can't see a spy sitting still in the dark

2) FIX COOP so it works for everyone

3) Added NEW original maps NOT rehashed ones (Squat *cough*)

I would be 100% happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

X-fire: TunaAGENT

MR.Mic
06-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Yeah, earlier today...

I was able to pick out DucusSumus from across station sector 2 using camo and sitting still while using MT. This isnt right, is it?

Defcon_5
06-16-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by S.a.S-Akbari:
ubi cant

they cant give us Custom maps , we have to make em our selfs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ӟhhm, who is making Squat then ? :S

Luseinad
06-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by StarSoft_Cow:
Maybee they are collecting all the bugs that are beeing placed here. And that is a big job if you have ppl in between them with some smart comments. What would they say at every bug? "We are working on it?" no. We know they are working on it, and if not, any comment of them would not make you think anything else... So just wait for the new patch, and see if they listened to us. If not, then there is always time to tell them they are not listening.

I'm not saying that they should come up with an answer after every single opinion, but we're already in three pages of complaints (most of them regarding the MT) and not a single message from Ubi saying that they have noticed something.

Chairmaker-US
06-16-2005, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Defcon_5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S.a.S-Akbari:
ubi cant

Ӟhhm, who is making Squat then ? :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me handle this one Akbari. By definition Squat is NOT a custom map. Squat was made by Ubisoft as an additional content map for Pandorra Tomorrow. As it was made by Ubisoft, and is not a user made map.... It is not custom. It is just like Museum or Warehouse. A map made by UBI for an earlier version of this game which they are porting over to CT. Have I been redundant enough?

In fact aside from a few bells and whistles it will be the same map us old school players have played a million times. There I said the same thing in a different way... again!

IMO: Perhaps this "New," version of the map will be better than it's first incarnation. But, I doubt it! Here's to eternal hope and optimism! [Cheers to any one with beverage in hand]

In fact if you really want cynicsm. There are only 6 new maps which shipped with this game. The other five are ports from PT!

Spekkio9
06-16-2005, 10:25 AM
And of those 6 maps, 3 of them are sector-based maps, which don't play well with CT. IMO, the only sector-based map that does things sort of right is Orphanage, but I still think all that security in the attic is stupid.

DrCactus
06-16-2005, 11:21 AM
I've encountered a bug in Aquarius where you pick up the office disk. Well, you can't pick it up, thats the bug. I go to it and the menu for it doesnt pop up. Now I thought maybe im an idiot and am too close as sometimes you have to be a certain distance to hack/steal but no. Then I thought maybe im an idiot still, and the disk isnt in the drive, but it was. So, perhaps check into that.

Just a note, 5 custom made maps have been realesed already. Thats not including the 2 UMP maps that were "ported" from PT. Porting squat over just seems silly when they could have made a new one. Then again, thats just my opinion.

Spekkio9
06-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Oh daybreak, I had that happen to me the other day.

Was playing with Frankenbrry, Major_Steele, and St.Vicious and I couldn't get the office disk...ever.

DrCactus
06-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Atleast there's some confirmation that im not a dumb moron. Then again...

dmb1435
06-16-2005, 02:33 PM
hey DrCactus, this is OFF TOPIC on my part (sorry) but how is that map you were working on going for CT? the one with the bank and hotel ect. I also posted something about this in the map forum under 'What Happened'. It looked awesome, I hope you didn't stop working on it.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif I KNOW, but deal with ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tehsober
06-16-2005, 07:07 PM
I think COOP should be higher priority, as it is so bugged. They should fix the disconnect problems involving loading a game, and that "rendering your partner's screen" problem that causes choppiness, if that is true.

Oh, and take the DVD check away. The D2D people dont need a DVD in the drive. Most of us are honest people who bought the game and don't want to accidentally damage the DVD and waste money on it again - since we can't even make a copy for ourselves.

Valserp
06-17-2005, 06:28 AM
The Aqua office disc bug... Not sure if this is what causes it but - if the Disc has been taken and the carrier dies and noone touches the disc for the set amount of time that it needs to come back the disc just dissappears. Thus it can't be picked up again... ever.
It's either that or it's caused by the disc flying over to unaccessable places of the map(like the sea in the exterior section). It never comes back in the office. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

x_raz0r
06-17-2005, 08:17 PM
I've never encountered that Auqa Disk Bug, but one thing that is currently REALLY pissing me off, is im tryin to join this server, and i KNOW it's there and i KNOW there's people in it, and yet, it still tells me that the game is no longer available... grrr http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

x_raz0r
06-17-2005, 08:21 PM
I also wouldn't mind the ability to send messages to people on the friends list, and thier freinds thing flashes when they are back in the lobby if they're playin a game, and just normally if they're not in a game. It would also make life much easier, im sick of not being able to talk to ppl on my friends list without getting them to a server lobby first.

I don't have a problem with Co-Op tho, works fine, always has, since day one.

x_raz0r
06-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Another complaint... invisible mines! Just before i was hacking a computer, now any other time i would have just exploded if there was a mine there, then a merc comes and i run, and BOOM, the invisible mine blew me up... WTF. I dunno if anyone else has this problem, and don't say "OMG TEH N00BX0R ROFLMAO" (nerds) because, there WAS NO MINE. It's happened a few times.

And also sometimes messages just dont send for no reason, and yes, i am alive at the time of sending, sometimes its just one msg that dosent work, other times its like 4, 5, 6. etc

MR.Mic
06-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Invisible mines are just mines that are hidden in certain non-collidable geometry. I dont see any feasible fix for invisible mines, since this would call for every map to be changed to accomodate this.

V0l0XiTY.S.F.
06-17-2005, 11:38 PM
i -R-E-F-U-S-E- to play this game or buy any more UBI products until they fix the instant gernades. This is when the gernade explodes upon impact. MOST ANNOYING BUG -E-V-E-R-!!!!!

S.a.S-Akbari
06-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Actual the instant nade is 2 sides, U love it as merc, u hate it as spy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif it needs fixing, but its not the worst thing every http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

m4_007
06-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by V0l0XiTY.S.F.:
i -R-E-F-U-S-E- to play this game or buy any more UBI products until they fix the instant gernades. This is when the gernade explodes upon impact. MOST ANNOYING BUG -E-V-E-R-!!!!!

Dude, they actually made it on purpose :P its only when launched at feet of spy ..

V0l0XiTY.S.F.
06-18-2005, 09:28 AM
LOL! no its not...

The last few games i played before i declaired my quitting all except one of my deaths was an insta-frag.

I've tested the at the feet thing... No its BS.

And IF that is true, Im still not buying any more UBI products EVER becasue that is the most ******ED idea ever. I'll be sure to let friends and family know never to buy a UBI product becuase of their unwillingness to patch their own products regulary and listin to feedback. I bet you guys wont be seeing another patch until close to the release of SCAG.

Seriously UBI games are some of the worst games EVER created. For christ sakes just look at Farcry's multiplayer, me mentioning that game itself should just end this thread right now.

Everytime I get on CT and decide to give it a another chance the only people playing are these stupid noobs that are COMPLETELY unaware of what is going on. OR the only people that are playing are the ones that are oh so fascinated with being stuck in walls/boxes/lamps/fish tanks and seeing flashing colors and fish swimming in the air ect...

So with all that said, So long fellow Splinter Cell Enthusiasts, My time here on this game is officially over until UBI decides to patch CT the CORRECT WAY!

CONGRATS UBI ON YOUR P.O.S EXPANSION PACK TO SC:PT! I hope your happy your product will go down in history as the buggiest game ever created to date. You guys should seriously Learn from Valve. Some of their earliest releases of Counter-Strike are more stable and less buggy then CT.

PS- For those of you who think I have not giving the Splinter Cell PC franchise a chance, heres my Xfire profile.. http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=profile&uname=hybrid0

Spekkio9
06-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Ah, forgot about that one...

-Random insta-frags. Yes, it's completely random = bad.

prwj1984
06-18-2005, 11:17 AM
When I emailed ubisoft tech support they said they know of the the probelems between the game and Windows XP X64 Edition. I was told that X64 support would of been encluded in the next patch which was 1.03 but obviously they lied and the Programers can't be assed to simply support one extra platform (I realy Would like this one thing to be fixed other small bugs i am not worried about)

scworld
06-18-2005, 11:31 AM
prw, please use 'Search' to find the other Win 64-bit threads.

Summary: StarForce drivers are not compatible with 64-bit for CT, Win 64 is not mainstream, Win 64 wasnt availble then, you didnt read the box properly (note the Win XP and some others ONLY).

Edited to correct 'not' to 'note'

prwj1984
06-18-2005, 11:41 AM
SCWorld. I did search the forums and also read up on it, i do know that the current drivers are 32bit but also reciently there have been star-force X64 compatable drivers out. there is a difference between fourms members telling you that its not compatable and staff members who work at ubisoft that it would be supported in the next patch that was not the case, and that all i hope they would do add the X64 support (its is the only game i dual boot for and i would realy like to delete XP now everything apart from this game is supported)

scworld
06-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Those guys are also just 'normal' employees. You can PM Rhoulette to make sure they are implemented, but still (unfortunately) they dont have to do it. I hope for you it is in.

prwj1984
06-18-2005, 12:54 PM
As do i. Oh well it might be added in the next couple of patches or it might not come at all. All can do is hope, Might complete it then take it back, No point keeping it since i am dumping XP Pro.

MR.Mic
06-18-2005, 12:58 PM

Yeah, I have had a frag grenade explode as soon as it left my gun once (without hitting anything). Killing me instantly...

Spekkio9
06-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Rhoulette...are you relaying any of this stuff back to Ubi, or are we compiling all this stuff for naught?

r3be1
06-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by MR.Mic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spekkio9:

Yeah, I have had a frag grenade explode as soon as it left my gun once (without hitting anything). Killing me instantly... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did it hit something? i don't think that's even possible is it?

V0l0XiTY.S.F.
06-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Rhoulette...are you relaying any of this stuff back to Ubi, or are we compiling all this stuff for naught?

Keep dreaming...

x_raz0r
06-19-2005, 03:43 AM
I think also X64 support for starforce would be nice... or removal of the starforce3 from starting up the game so X64 players can still play.

Does Versus work on X64? cuz i wanna upgrade in the next few days and i want Versus to work as well.

scworld
06-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Versus will work if you launch it from its seperate .exe .

Luseinad
06-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by V0l0XiTY.S.F.:

Keep dreaming... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Five pages of discussion, several days since the beginning of this thread and still not a single reply...

No, V0l0XiTY.S.F., I think they're really concerned about our situation *turning sarcasm mode off*

scworld
06-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Dude, people are also busy... I think that she has a lot of meetings with staff and PR-teams, so she can only spend a few min posting. I bet she is reading it though...

Bionic-Blob
06-19-2005, 11:54 AM
(follow on from scworld)

...she is not absorbing the information.

Besides, if we are lucky (of which according to ubi we are NOT) Ubisoft Annecy are working on versus for the SC:CT engine w/o crappy netcode (*ahem* coop)

weezer0w0
06-19-2005, 11:55 AM
(sorry if anything I mentioned has already been said)

-Chaff grenades need to be made more effective. Right now they have a hard time taking out proximity mines unless they are DIRECTLY in front of the mine when they go off. Compared to PT chaff has been weakened to the point where they are only exceptionally useful for the aggro style of play.

Hmm thats actually the only glaring thing that comes to mind. The rest I'm sure Spekkio has already mentioned and I tend to agree with what he has to say. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

And as far as hearing any replies, come on..it's the weekend.
-g

Bionic-Blob
06-19-2005, 11:57 AM
and before that it was also wednesday, thursday and friday.

scworld
06-19-2005, 12:00 PM
@weezer: I dont think Chaff affected proximity mines in PT nor in CT? You mean laser/poison mines?

weezer0w0
06-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Erm..in PT chaff didn't effect prox mines, in CT they do however. I'm saying that in CT to get a chaff to effectively neutralize security its much harder because of the minimal area of effect they have. Even when the animation of the chaff is touching a mine (most notably prox mines) a lot of times they wont neutralize it, compared to PT where chaff had a much larger area of effect.

Even mercs are only very minimally effected by chaff. If they are in a chaff cloud and take 1 or 2 steps they are no longer effected where as in PT even removing yourself from a chaff cloud wouldn't stop the effects of chaff on a mercs HUD instantly.
-g

MR.Mic
06-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by r3be1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MR.Mic:

Yeah, I have had a frag grenade explode as soon as it left my gun once (without hitting anything). Killing me instantly... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did it hit something? i don't think that's even possible is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On my screen, it didnt. Maybe it did server-side, since I was near a door-frame. But I'm not clumsy enough with nades to unintentionally hit a door-frame, unless the server interpreted that I hit the doorframe.

Spekkio9
06-19-2005, 04:04 PM
So, anyway, it's Sunday afternoon and I'm bored as hell, so I decide to reminisce over the SCPT forums.

Ahhh...the lovely barrage of posts containing "1.3 is screwed up PB doesn't work" and half-assed fixes for it.

The wonderful Braiog essays against how buggy multiplayer was. Of course I eventually participated in those discussions, and of course we got Braiog essays for SCCT, but it's still funny to look back at.

The tittilating arguments over the validity of SS+DJ and the 50 foot tazer.

Ah, yes, the good times.

Anyway, first the good thing that I've noticed: SvM, and Splinter Cell, has come a long way since Summer of 2004. The list of bugs that I compiled on this thread are MOSTLY minor. They did fix SS+DJ, although it took a new game and not a patch to get around to it. They did tweak the tazer, and they've made a bunch of other fixes. But just think...the few changes they made actually made vast changes in gameplay.

Now, the bad:

Many of the fixes that are in the list have been there since the beta, some have been in there since SCPT. While Ubi has addressed a lot of issues with SvM, they are slow as molasses. This results in a severe down-sizing of what could have been a rather large community supporting a truly innovative game.

Furthermore, I see the same pattern that developed with Coop that developed with SCPT SvM, especially patch 1.3 which disabled most people from playing. Also, when Ubi DOES finally patch the game (there have been 3, ya know), they rarely address the necessary issues, and often fix trivial things on the side that are hardly noticeable.

Really, then, the issue isn't that Ubi never patches their games -- far from it. The issue is that the patches are inadequate or down-right poor. Remember that patch on the first day? Yeah, if it fixed something, it certainly didn't fix everything needed. Now, there is a pretty long list on the first page of this forum. That long list has been sent to Ubi by me (and others) during the beta for SvM, and also through the official feedback thread. If they addressed 2-3 issues from that list in each patch, we would have very little to complain about. But now there's a list of like 15 things that we want Ubi to address, and it's reached a point that they probably can't do them all in one patch, and the community will undoubtedly be disappointed with future patches because of this.

Obviously, the first order of business is to ensure that all components of the game work, which through three patches, Ubi has failed to do. Furthermore, the SvM portion of the game is a unique multiplayer game, and when anyone releases something like that, they must stay on top of it to tweak the gameplay. This is also something Ubi has failed to do through 4 SCPT patches and 3 SCCT patches. They have to stay ahead of the community to ensure that exploits are taken care of *ahem* motion tracking *ahem* and to clean up any lingering tiny bugs. Otherwise, we end up with what we have: a small, albeit dedicated, community of gamers who just took a big liking to that style of gaming, who just say to hell with the bugs I'm going to enjoy this game anyway.

So, this patch isn't just needed for us, it's to keep the lure of the casual gamer who takes a visit to this game, who doesn't have the motivation to continue playing in spite of all its problems. However, I still see a continuing pattern of patches that fail to address any critical issues within the game, and I don't expect this to change anytime soon.

Spekkio9
06-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh, and it's moot now, but this is what I would've (and did) after the beta:

-An adequate tutorial. Not one that just teaches you to move around and plant obj. One part should be an obstacle course where you gotta roll through stuff and not set off lasers. You fail you start over. Then another part where you gotta get through a room with all sorts of jumps and stuff without setting off the merc's reticle. At the end you gotta shoot a motion sensor and there should be a little tutor box that says "draw your gun without the laser by holding [button] to not set off the reticle." Then the final section should be sneaking up on and grabbing a merc, with instructions on how to do so.

On the merc side, we need a section that explains exactly what the sound reticle does and how to read it.

Now THAT would teach people to play the game.

Chimera87
06-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Discovered @ LAN today (cuz my coop via inet dont work no more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif)

Voice chat still aint fixed, there is still a delay of about 30 secs before the sound meter registers the chat.... This means that voice chat is impossible and that im forced to use ventrilo

weezer0w0
06-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Something I was just reminded of that does need serious consideration.

-When using the sniper rifle a merc has the ability to immediately nullify any HUD obscuring effects simply by zooming in with their scope. Most notable this works against flashbangs or the fire extinguisher spray. It's a clear oversight and can easily be tested by taking the rifle, shooting an extinguisher tank, walking up to the spray so that it covers the mercs visor and obscures your vision, and then zooming in (while not still in the spray.) It essentially makes flashbangs useless since it works equally as well against those.

-g

Spekkio9
06-21-2005, 01:33 PM
*bump*

Hey Rhoulette, are you sending any of this to Ubi?

Section8_1975
06-21-2005, 03:19 PM
<span class="ev_code_PINK">Just to reiterate my problem with this game. I and several of my friends bought this game specifically for the Cooperative game play and not one of us are able to play it successfully. There may be bugs with some of the other game types but at least you are able to play them. They need to make fixing COOP there number one priority. I have a dream that one day I will be able to play COOP with one of my friends and finish the mission.</span>

scworld
06-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Please dont use pink... stop fooling with Rhoulette's text color. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Section8_1975
06-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Pink is my favorite color....Hehehehehe

<span class="ev_code_PINK">PINK</span>

Section8_1975
06-24-2005, 10:04 AM
This topic should be a sticky!!!!!!!!!

scworld
06-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Stickies tend to be overlooked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif .
Another note: Rhoulette posted in another thread that she is afk for some time, so no real action will be taken during that time. Let's continue giving Ubi tips about things.

Tiamat_Zero
06-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Ive found that frag grenades don't really work on enemies when the grenade is right next to the guard. Is this a glitch or just me?

MR.Mic
06-24-2005, 06:02 PM
When you disable enhanced reality, your "sound camera" or "ears" or whatever gets stuck in the same position as where you turned it off.

x_raz0r
06-24-2005, 10:58 PM
What's enhanced reality??

:/

cheese_thief
06-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Drugs.

You know, in the health cabinets.

Spekkio9
06-25-2005, 03:18 AM
Vics are the shiznit. But I stay away from those personally. But I hear they're fun. Alcohol > j00, cuz Stone Cold Says So!

MR.Mic
06-27-2005, 03:25 AM
*bump*

CovertKi11
06-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Everything I can think of has already been mentioned.

This isn't bug-related but I just thought of it ... if you hold down E to bring out your gun laser-less then turn on the laser afterwards, will you set off the reticle?

So anyways, bump.

SoBloedWaere
06-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by CovertKi11:
Everything I can think of has already been mentioned.

This isn't bug-related but I just thought of it ... if you hold down E to bring out your gun laser-less then turn on the laser afterwards, will you set off the reticle?

So anyways, bump.
yes

cheese_thief
06-27-2005, 01:32 PM
What about turning the lazer OFF?

CovertKi11
06-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Ooh, now that's getting complicated.

Another thing i just thought of that hasn't been mentioned yet ... the Spy HUD bug. The merc gets the green spy HUD, can see spies on radar, is invincible to flashbangs and smoke, and I'm sure a couple other things. Also, he can't use a lot of Merc items.

r3be1
06-27-2005, 08:04 PM
^^ never heard of that one, or seen it, or experienced it...

Defcon_5
06-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Ok, its funny somehow now. 6 Pages of complains, bug reportings and ideas to balance the game (form pro players as well)

and we didnt even heard a single word for anyone of the mods.

Guys (or gils, whoever) are you kidding us ?

Would you please tell us whats going on? The whole community is complaining about you and you didnt have enough cochones to tell us ANYTHING.

Tell us at least "Guys we suck on you, and wont release more patches, because you already bought the game, and thats what you get for your money"

Whats the problem Rhoulette ? Are you sleeping ? You play to much Halo ? Or do you read but Ubi blocks ? Tell us hello !!!

scworld
06-28-2005, 03:30 AM
Defcon_5, read my post...
Rhoulette is afk for some time (but she tries to monitor this I think).
Mods are volunteers, like you and me, and dont know anything Ubi-related. They only keep the forums clean.

Vth_F_Smith_
06-29-2005, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by scworld:
Defcon_5, read my post...
Rhoulette is afk for some time (but she tries to monitor this I think). Exactly! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mods are volunteers, like you and me, and dont know anything Ubi-related. They only keep the forums clean. That's not entirely correct! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Yes, we are Volunteers (thank you for mentioning it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) but we know a few things some of you probably don't know. However even the Ubi-related Knowledge of the "almighty Mods" is limited since we're only Mods and (unfortunately) don't belong to the paid Ubisoft Staff but what we're allowed to say, we'll say! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif However our job is not only to keep the forums clean, but also to help other members / answer questions, if it's possible! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

stff
06-29-2005, 06:32 AM
heres an idea, allow the host to decide whether ppl can DL maps from their server, or allow them to redirect the download to another server

scworld
06-29-2005, 06:50 AM
stff, there are no real CT servers. I'd say even: the only real servers for CT are the Master Server and the CD-KEY-check-servers. If what you want comes true, you'll download maps from normal, everyday PCs with normal connections. Not real servers. If you want custom maps, visit my site (yes, that IS a real server)

DucusSumus
06-29-2005, 06:51 PM
BUMP.

Also, there is another bug that has not yet been mentioned that deserves mention.

Flipping vision modes as you land to avoid the "hard landing" animation:
You can avoid landing hard (which can leave you open to enemy fire for a couple seconds) by exploiting a glitch where you switch your vision mode as you land. This needs to be fixed; switching your vision mode as you land should have no effect on your landing. The spy should be forced to complete the "hard landing" animation.

Bionic-Blob
06-30-2005, 05:20 AM
wow, ill try that :P

scworld
06-30-2005, 05:27 AM
I just did it and it really can be exploited.

Wolfspite
06-30-2005, 08:10 AM
After playing a great game in solo mode, I was seriously looking forward to coop mode, but whatever I do I cannot make it work even after updaing to 1.03.

One of the reasons I bought the game was because of the advert about coop play on the rear of the CD box, but both PC's disconnect as the missions end loading and thats as far as I can get.

Both machines are P4 2.4 Ghz with 768 Mb Ram, both have the latest drivers and run the solo game fine. I have a LAN which worked perfectly for Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale, so this is a major dissapointment as far as I am concerned.

It certainly will make me think twice about buying another Ubisoft game unless this get fixed. Versus mode works fine but I really wanted to do coop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

m4_007
06-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Remove DM is my only suggestion.

mom6
06-30-2005, 09:05 AM
The one that is really driving me crazy is that when your mate jumnps on you he actualy kicks you. It takes half of my health and allways when I jump down form a vent in Panama first
I will no doubtly get a kick in my head. It should be fixed. In real world a spy wouldn't kick his own friend. And still when we save the game and then load it we get disconnected. Pease do something with it.

DucusSumus
06-30-2005, 10:18 PM
I ask that the glitches that are reported here are not exploited in games. Until we receive a patch from Ubi it is up to the players to police each other and make sure that glitches aren't exploited. For example, try NOT to change your vision mode as you land and encourage other players not to do this as well.

Tfrogs1
07-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by M4_007:
Remove DM is my only suggestion.

That'll only make it how it was in PT, with Story servers titled "DM DM DM", and a lot of confusion will arise.

m4_007
07-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Automatically Rank.

cheese_thief
07-03-2005, 12:39 PM
I don't think this is feedback, but it is something that would be nice in the next patch, or a patch to come.

Different controls for mercs and spys. The way it is currently set up is that you bind one button to one function, but that function will do one thing for a merc, such as turn the lazer on, but do something totally different for a spy, such as roll. I am proposing that there should be a seperate Spy and Mercenary control configuration that could be changed via tabs (a spy and merc tab, each bringing up the cooresponding control scheme) in the Keyboard Configuration menu.

For example, if I wanted Zoom for Mercs to be at an accesible key, which I could press while I am moving in any direction. Lets choose Alt for instance. Also, I want Back to Wall for Spy to be on a key metting the criteria explained for the Zoom Merc key. Alt is also the perfect key for Back to Wall, but the Mercs zoom function is also there, so I can't bind those to the same key, and the ALt key is a wasted space on the keyboard as a spy, because, as we all know, the spy's zoom function is useless.

But, what if I could just go into the keyboard configuration menu, click on the merc tab, set Alt to Zoom, and then click on the Spy tab, abd set Alt to Back to Wall, and everything would work out fine.

Also, another welcome addition would be the ability to bind more than one button to a single function.

Edit: Also, there are two things regarding the mouse I would like to address. When you are playing as a spy or merc, there seems to be something like a maximum turn rate, which prevents the players from being able to turn around as fast as they should be. Oddly enough, this doesn't happen when you are watching a player (i.e. when you are dead), and you can turn around as fast as you please. The only way around this problem is to ratchet up the sensitivity, which brings me to my second gripe...

When the sensitivity is turned up, you start to loose a lot of persicion. When you turn at higher sensitivites slowly, the view will kind of click into the next position, instead of being a lot more fluid. It does the same thing at the lower sensitivities, but the "clicks" are closer together. If you want to see and example of this "fluid turning" I speak of, just play some single player. It gets really anoying that you can't shoot a mine because you can't get the lazer to "click" in a position pointing at the offending object on the wall, so you have to strafe to line it up, which is horribly annoying. It has been my, er, undoing when facing off angainst a sniper far away, but i couldn't hit him because the game forbid me the precision to aim at him.

ShortA55
07-03-2005, 03:18 PM
I have just finally had my first session of lan gaming and while the game plays well with both of us running 6800GT's and processors being 3.2 and 2.4 respectively, ram is 1GB and 512MB respectively, we still got discontected whenever a quick load was made.
This meant we had to do the whole mission again. Although we were able to do it quicker we got sick of it sooner and ended up just playing deathmatch in coop (boredom buster).

Other than this the game ran well with no slow framerates or other glitches.
I haven't been able to play online as yet without being disconnected as soon as i join a game, will let you know as soon as i get time to play.

MR.Mic
07-07-2005, 09:12 AM
*bump*