PDA

View Full Version : How to uninstall safely?

APS2005
01-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi -

I know there was a bug that would wipe out your hard drive if you unistalled the game. How can I be sure that this won't happen if I uninstall?

I have all the patches up to 1.4

I bought the game when it came out, so it's an older version. I didn't have any problems uninstalling the game from my old computer, but the computer I'm using now has Windows XP and I'm wondering if that would be a problem.

Basically, is this uninstaller bug resolved? Are people still experiencing their hard drives being wiped out? How can I assure that this won't happen to me if I uninstall the game?

Thanks for any assistance.

APS2005
01-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi -

I know there was a bug that would wipe out your hard drive if you unistalled the game. How can I be sure that this won't happen if I uninstall?

I have all the patches up to 1.4

I bought the game when it came out, so it's an older version. I didn't have any problems uninstalling the game from my old computer, but the computer I'm using now has Windows XP and I'm wondering if that would be a problem.

Basically, is this uninstaller bug resolved? Are people still experiencing their hard drives being wiped out? How can I assure that this won't happen to me if I uninstall the game?

Thanks for any assistance.

MDS_Geist
01-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Use the 1.1 installer/uninstaller patch. Did you use it to install the game> if so, you have no problems. If you did not, you should be able to use it to remove the game - but set a restore point and make a backup first.