PDA

View Full Version : specialty ammo

Classified 0ps
07-26-2011, 07:44 PM
this is something i have never seen in a video game before. and i think it would be cool if there was specialty ammo and regular ammo. because i would like to have specialty ammo becuase it is a realalistic fact that i have never seen in a shooter before. and i think it would be really cool. and if you want specialty ammo what kinds would you suggest to the dev's. if they were listening. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Classified 0ps
07-26-2011, 07:44 PM
this is something i have never seen in a video game before. and i think it would be cool if there was specialty ammo and regular ammo. because i would like to have specialty ammo becuase it is a realalistic fact that i have never seen in a shooter before. and i think it would be really cool. and if you want specialty ammo what kinds would you suggest to the dev's. if they were listening. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DanHibikiFanXM
07-26-2011, 10:24 PM
They're going through so much trouble to customize weapons it would make sense to allow ammunition selection as well. This is what I'd like to see.

Assault Rifles - Armor Piercing (obvious, can over penetrate) only but with the choice to select style of tracers for magazines. Every three rounds, every three rounds + last five rounds, last five rounds only, and no tracers.

LMGs - Armor piercing only with tracers every five rounds.

SMGs/PDWs/Pistols - Armor piercing, hollow point (weak against armor, high damage against non-armored targets), frangible (a generally weak round but does not overpenetrate or even go through most objects - good for CQB with hostages/non-combatants nearby).

Shotguns - Buckshot, sabot slug, breaching round (in case there are locked doors or whatever), and beanbag rounds for less lethal takedowns.

40mm Grenade - HEDP, CS gas, smoke, buckshot, IR marker (for night vision).

XxCH0NGxX
07-26-2011, 11:34 PM
I think the recent Medal of Honor had specialty ammunition. Also BFBC2 has specialty ammunition, as well as I think there's perks in MW2 for specialty ammo(can't remember though, as I hated that game and the entire COD series).

Oh yeah, and you can best believe that Battlefield 3 will have various types of ammunition on certain weapons. I think it was announced the other day that they were carrying over that feature from their test game Medal of Honor. Thank goodness they are leaving out the kill streaks from BF3 that they had in Medal of Honor. Completely ruined the multiplayer. Small congested maps ruined it too.....

As far as in depth, various types of ammunition for all the weapons in a game, I've yet to see a shooter with that level of depth, and I doubt to see one anytime soon. Would be nice though, so I'm with the OP on that one.

shobhit7777777
07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">only but with the choice to select style of tracers for magazines. Every three rounds, every three rounds + last five rounds, last five rounds only, and no tracers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There defo needs to be an option to toggle tracers on/off. It seems prudent to remove tracers from your mags to avoid giving away your position.
But it would be cool if we could identify friendly/enemy fire via tracer colour