PDA

View Full Version : SC:CT - Random shutdowns in COOP

Kettuh
10-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey!

I just bought myself a copy of SC:CT, and Im loving it. After a few SP maps, I wanted to try this game online and first tried playing the "Versus" mode that worked out just fine.

But as a teamwork loving player I also wanted to try out the CO-OP mode where
you and your partner needed each other, not like versus game mode where your team mate can be a real pro who just runs around killing anything in sight. So, naturally I played the map "training" a few times and it worked out just fine. After learning the basics I tried the "UN Headquarters" map. I joined a random server and made sure that my teammate knew some basic english so we could communicate and then launched the game. When the map was done loading; my
SC:CT just shut itself (just the game, not the whole PC) down with no error message or anything alike. I hoped it was just a once-in-a-year thing, but I was wrong. Now I get that bug about 90% of the time, no matter what map I try playing.

Anyone else had this problem before? And/or any idea how to get rid of it?

And hmm... Here are my PC specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ - processor
ATI radeon 9600 - Graphic processor
1024MB DDR 400mhz - Memory
ABIT KV8 pro - mother board

(I updated the drivers for both graphic processor and mother board last week)

Thanks forehand.

Kettuh
10-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey!

I just bought myself a copy of SC:CT, and Im loving it. After a few SP maps, I wanted to try this game online and first tried playing the "Versus" mode that worked out just fine.

But as a teamwork loving player I also wanted to try out the CO-OP mode where
you and your partner needed each other, not like versus game mode where your team mate can be a real pro who just runs around killing anything in sight. So, naturally I played the map "training" a few times and it worked out just fine. After learning the basics I tried the "UN Headquarters" map. I joined a random server and made sure that my teammate knew some basic english so we could communicate and then launched the game. When the map was done loading; my
SC:CT just shut itself (just the game, not the whole PC) down with no error message or anything alike. I hoped it was just a once-in-a-year thing, but I was wrong. Now I get that bug about 90% of the time, no matter what map I try playing.

Anyone else had this problem before? And/or any idea how to get rid of it?

And hmm... Here are my PC specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ - processor
ATI radeon 9600 - Graphic processor
1024MB DDR 400mhz - Memory
ABIT KV8 pro - mother board

(I updated the drivers for both graphic processor and mother board last week)

Thanks forehand.