PDA

View Full Version : UbiShop Pre-order Woes

beerfest60
03-18-2011, 04:53 PM
I am a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed line and have looked forward with great anticipation for the PC release of AC:Brotherhood since November of last year when the consol players got the game.

I pre-ordered AC:B (digital download) through UbiShop (USA), which one might assume would like to maintain a high standard of customer service that Ubisoft most probably demands from them.

I regret to inform others, who may have assumed as I did that UbiShop cares, that they may not be as interested in the customer as one could hope. Instead, profit seems to be their driving force if not the only one. (Duh)

The official release of the game has come and gone.
UbiShop USA still has ACB listed as a "pre-order" status.

I contacted UbiShop by phone and could not get a change in status of my order from pre-order to confirmed, downloadable and with a product key: The reason stated was that they have not received the product (nor product codes) from the manufacturer as of today.

Although I only invested little money for a brief period of time (approximately 3 weeks so far), UbiShop has my funds and well as countless others who have pre-ordered the game. They maintain that they do not have the product to deliver. In a business sense such as an international trading company or a Mom and Pop corner grocery store, the practice of not delivering the product on time whilst sitting on the funds received is neither a sound practice nor one to instill confidence in their customers.

The whole concept of pre-ordering is for a company to receive funds in advance of product delivery. This allows them to offer deals such as discounts or bonuses to the customer. How can they do this? Simple: They receive interest income either directly from the funds received or they increase profit from not having to pay interest on money they must otherwise borrow. It is a simple concept and in real terms can mean thousands of dollars a day if not millions for large corporations.

So the question remains: Why doesn't UbiShop deliver the product on the official release date? Furthermore, why do they not have the product themselves (if what I was told is correct)? Did they, themselves, order the product from UbiSoft in a time period that would allow them to distribute the product to the end users? Is it possible that they purposefully delayed ordering so that they can get those extra few days of interest income?

Whatever the case, I am extremely dissatisfied that UbiShop cannot deliver a product which is already available to so many others. Finally, to prevent them from "profiting" from interest income on my money, I will never pre-order anything from them in the future and I strongly urge no one else to do so either.

beerfest60
03-18-2011, 04:53 PM
I am a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed line and have looked forward with great anticipation for the PC release of AC:Brotherhood since November of last year when the consol players got the game.

I pre-ordered AC:B (digital download) through UbiShop (USA), which one might assume would like to maintain a high standard of customer service that Ubisoft most probably demands from them.

I regret to inform others, who may have assumed as I did that UbiShop cares, that they may not be as interested in the customer as one could hope. Instead, profit seems to be their driving force if not the only one. (Duh)

I contacted UbiShop by phone and could not get a change in status of my order from pre-order to confirmed, downloadable and with a product key: The reason stated was that they have not received the product (nor product codes) from the manufacturer as of today.

Although I only invested little money for a brief period of time (approximately 3 weeks so far), UbiShop has my funds and well as countless others who have pre-ordered the game. They maintain that they do not have the product to deliver. In a business sense such as an international trading company or a Mom and Pop corner grocery store, the practice of not delivering the product on time whilst sitting on the funds received is neither a sound practice nor one to instill confidence in their customers.

The whole concept of pre-ordering is for a company to receive funds in advance of product delivery. This allows them to offer deals such as discounts or bonuses to the customer. How can they do this? Simple: They receive interest income either directly from the funds received or they increase profit from not having to pay interest on money they must otherwise borrow. It is a simple concept and in real terms can mean thousands of dollars a day if not millions for large corporations.

So the question remains: Why doesn't UbiShop deliver the product on the official release date? Furthermore, why do they not have the product themselves (if what I was told is correct)? Did they, themselves, order the product from UbiSoft in a time period that would allow them to distribute the product to the end users? Is it possible that they purposefully delayed ordering so that they can get those extra few days of interest income?

Whatever the case, I am extremely dissatisfied that UbiShop cannot deliver a product which is already available to so many others. Finally, to prevent them from "profiting" from interest income on my money, I will never pre-order anything from them in the future and I strongly urge no one else to do so either.

soccer06
03-18-2011, 05:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beerfest60:

Whatever the case, I am extremely dissatisfied that UbiShop cannot deliver a product which is already available to so many others. Finally, to prevent them from "profiting" from interest income on my money, I will never pre-order anything from them in the future and I strongly urge no one else to do so either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The North American release of ACB is not until March 22nd, which is next Tuesday. Hence, the reason why it has not been released yet for you and is still in pre-order status.

beerfest60
03-18-2011, 05:37 PM
so they changed the NA release.... when???
is it for my ranting reason... was scheduled for the 17th a few days ago

soccer06
03-18-2011, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beerfest60:
so they changed the NA release.... when???
is it for my ranting reason... was scheduled for the 17th a few days ago </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has always been the two different dates since they first announced the release dates for PC (which I think was back either late February or early March).

It sucks that there are two different release days, but at least Ubisoft was upfront about it (unlike their reasons for delaying the PC version in the first place).