PDA

View Full Version : No SouthPaw controls for GRAW?!?!?!

Vadcol
02-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Can someone give me a straight factual answer about the controls setup for GRAW? TeamXbox claims there is no SouthPaw controls for GRAW.

First there is no First Person Weapon View, now there is no SouthPaw controls, what the hell is going on with UBiSoft????

TeamXbox link: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1274/Tom-Clancys-...anced-Warfighter/p1/ (http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1274/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Advanced-Warfighter/p1/)

"The left stick controls movement, while the camera is mapped to the right stick. The sticks can be set to inverse, but it doesn€t appear that a legacy or southpaw option is available."

Vadcol
02-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Can someone give me a straight factual answer about the controls setup for GRAW? TeamXbox claims there is no SouthPaw controls for GRAW.

First there is no First Person Weapon View, now there is no SouthPaw controls, what the hell is going on with UBiSoft????

TeamXbox link: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1274/Tom-Clancys-...anced-Warfighter/p1/ (http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1274/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Advanced-Warfighter/p1/)

"The left stick controls movement, while the camera is mapped to the right stick. The sticks can be set to inverse, but it doesn€t appear that a legacy or southpaw option is available."

jizzlobberayoo
02-14-2006, 09:04 PM
this is my reply in another thread

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
also, they say there's no southpaw control method.

no southpaw = NO SALE!

seriously, the GR games on xbox had southpaw, rainbow six games on xbox had southpaw, now they take it out? WHY?

I didn't touch farcry for this very reason, what is ubi doing?

why do they spoon feed these preset control configurations to us? we're not THAT stupid, all it does it totally ruin a great game, southpaws can't use the default setting, it's like cutting your hair in a mirror x 100.

such a little thing destroys everything for many people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vadcol
02-14-2006, 09:14 PM
***zlobberayoo......I agree with you. Now I was dealing with the fact there is not going to be a FPWV, but tonight I am learning that there is no SouthPaw controls. Oh Hell NO, I am not buying GRAW, period. UBiSoft is just being down right stupid. No Sale for me if this is true.

For the same reasons why I did not purchase BattleField 2:MC and FarCry for the lack of SouthPaw controls. Man, I don't understand these developers. UBiSoft is killing off Ghost Recon series with all this senseless bull****.

Vadcol
02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
In fact, I am calling Xbox customer service about this bull**** right now. This **** is not right at all. I just spent $700 on this mother****er Xbox360 and these developers are giving me a half-*** game over and over again.

Dialing right now....enough is enough!!!!!

InfectedAss
02-14-2006, 09:20 PM
what is southpaw?

DeepblueWA
02-14-2006, 09:22 PM
I thought you could set southpaw in the 360 dash which bypasses the game and inverts the sticks.

jizzlobberayoo
02-14-2006, 09:23 PM
I might do the same actually, it really isn't good enough.
MS should make it a requirement (for fps games anyway), it must take 5 minutes to implement!

splinter cell is another one, controlling mercs is a nightmare.

what really annoys me is the old GR hames had the southpaw config, why remove it now? I would LOVE an explanation because I just don't understand it!

Vadcol
02-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Ok, I had called and spoke with an Xbox Rep tonight over the phone. Let me said this, the guy was very nice and understanding. Major shout out to the Xbox Rep. Just talking to him help turn my anger into action. Trust me, I am totally pisst off right now at UBiSoft.

He said he fully "agree" with me that the SouthPaw controls should had remained in GRAW as it is for other Ghost Recon games. He has no confirmation if the lack of SouthPaw is true or not. He explained to me that Microsoft has no control over how publishers and developers program the controls settings in their games. He stated that all SouthPaw gamers should email UbiSoft to express how we feel for this missing feature. A change of direction can help if we make serious effort, together.

So I ask all SouthPaw gamers and including myself, together lets send out these emails ASAP before the game hits manufacturing. We need to urgently make UbiSoft understand our resentment over this important feature for us. Thank you.

For those gamers that don€t know about SouthPaw controls, it is the €œLeft Stick€ used for Aiming and €œRight Stick€ used for Movement simply called SouthPaw settings. Bungie€s Halo:CE introduced SouthPaw to us. We€ve been hooked on this feature every since. FPS games that are released without SouthPaw settings are a NO SALE for us.

moog360
02-15-2006, 02:45 AM
Like someone else said already - southpaw can be set on the xbox 360 itself, which overides the game controls - games don't need to support it themselves.

Instead of *****ing about your expensive new toy not doing things - why don't you take some time to read up on it... and you might come to the conclusion that ignorance does not always equate to bliss.

jizzlobberayoo
02-15-2006, 03:33 AM
can you confirm that?
I doubt the console would override the game.

also why would teamxbox mention it if that were the case?

kwackers
02-15-2006, 05:19 AM
I know you can click on your gamercard on the dashboard and configure general settings. I think its on the action tab where its says you can map movement to the right stick. But so far its seems to have no effect on games I've tried. Anyway how difficult would it be just to stick in the game?

Shrapnel88
02-15-2006, 05:40 AM
I've gone from southpaw and completely turned my gaming around and used regular controls...it takes some getting used to but Im sure that anyone can do it

jizzlobberayoo
02-15-2006, 06:03 AM
same, lockdown had a southpaw bug... got used to it but I think southpaw is much better.

that isn't the point anyway, southpaw should be standard, and ubi have always had the option in their games 'till recently

Vadcol
02-15-2006, 07:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moog360:
Like someone else said already - southpaw can be set on the xbox 360 itself, which overides the game controls - games don't need to support it themselves.

Instead of *****ing about your expensive new toy not doing things - why don't you take some time to read up on it... and you might come to the conclusion that ignorance does not always equate to bliss. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

moog360......WRONG, if developers "don't" program for SouthPaw settings, our $399 Xbox 360 console settings WILL NOT override it for SouthPaw. It is a simple fact. Don't believe me......Please call 1-800-469-9269 for factual information directly from Xbox.com.

I understand what you're saying, but Mr. J Allard left out that small detail about Xbox 360's control settings. Your SouthPaw settings only becomes automatic when it "detects" SouthPaw program in the game itself......NOT OVERRIDE IT. Get your facts straight, Dummy.

Vadcol
02-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Go check out the latest screenshots PC version of GRAW, DAMN. It looks waaaay better than Xbox 360 version along with FPWV. Plus PC version has FULL custom control settings. Man, UBiSoft are shafting Xbox360 gamers badly.

Once I get confirmation that SouthPaw controls are not in GRAW, I done with Ghost Recon until UbiSoft regain some common sense. This **** is pathetic.

Link: http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/ghostrecon3/seemore_pc.php

Piskix
02-15-2006, 08:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ULL custom control settings. Man, UBiSoft are shafting Xbox360 gamers badly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF ?!?!!?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

WE at PC forum are tlaking about "maan Ubi is with X360, no idea about PC! Ubi is shafting PC gamers baldy, by not releasing us info"

and dude, ofcourse we can do FULL custom setting to Scale our games as possible for our PC's and our keyboard has more and more nuttons that X360 does, so everyone likes different configurations!
Configurations are and were always in every game for PC! dont argue that! someo ne plays with WASD another with ESDF others with arrows..you do know what i mean..and im saying this: OC verison is not prettyer that X360! it has a lack of High-resolution and High-detail of textures, and need to buy AGEIA PPU physics card, to have similar physics like in X360 verison..

moog360
02-15-2006, 09:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vadcol:
Go check out the latest screenshots PC version of GRAW, DAMN. It looks waaaay better than Xbox 360 version along with FPWV. Plus PC version has FULL custom control settings. Man, UBiSoft are shafting Xbox360 gamers badly.

Once I get confirmation that SouthPaw controls are not in GRAW, I done with Ghost Recon until UbiSoft regain some common sense. This **** is pathetic.

Link: http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/ghostrecon3/seemore_pc.php </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand corrected... my apologies for calling you ignorant... turns out that i may possibly be the one displaying ignornace on this matter.

Interesting though that thats the case... i guess its to do with respecting developers\publishers wishes for their games. hmmm.

CCClub
02-15-2006, 10:05 AM
So then guys, what email adress do we write to t oget this 15 minutes of code work put into the game?

Vadcol
02-15-2006, 10:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CCClub:
So then guys, what email adress do we write to t oget this 15 minutes of code work put into the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CCClub......Addresses and phone numbers are down below. I have called Redstorm this morning. I am expecting a call back. I'm going to try to get the facts on this matter from the information that I have posted.

I'll return with a email or emails to "Whom It May Concern" hopefully solving the lack of SouthPaw controls. Please call these numbers and do what you can. I need everyone's help that truly feel SouthPaw settings is highly needed for GRAW. If we stand together, we can make a difference. Thank you.

USA
- 625 Third Street
San Francisco - CA 94107
Tel: +1 (415) 547 4000
Fax: +1 (415) 547 4001

- Red Storm
3200 Gateway Centre Boulevard Suite 100
Morrisville - NC 27560
Tel: +1 (919) 460 1776
Fax: +1 (919) 460 1502

Mirashka
02-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Since I am right handed I have no use for Southpaw settings. That said if you confirm that it is not available I'll email them as well since it is a fairly important feature to overlook. Two of my kids are lefties so I can see where you are coming from.

CCClub
02-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Vadcol:

Bravo Sir!

And may I say thank you all for listening, despite perhaps that it doesn't directly concern you. It is refreshing to confer with other mature individuals, and not flame this right away.

Thank you.

Vadcol
02-15-2006, 04:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Piskix:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ULL custom control settings. Man, UBiSoft are shafting Xbox360 gamers badly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF ?!?!!?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

WE at PC forum are tlaking about "maan Ubi is with X360, no idea about PC! Ubi is shafting PC gamers baldy, by not releasing us info"

and dude, ofcourse we can do FULL custom setting to Scale our games as possible for our PC's and our keyboard has more and more nuttons that X360 does, so everyone likes different configurations!
Configurations are and were always in every game for PC! dont argue that! someo ne plays with WASD another with ESDF others with arrows..you do know what i mean..and im saying this: OC verison is not prettyer that X360! it has a lack of High-resolution and High-detail of textures, and need to buy AGEIA PPU physics card, to have similar physics like in X360 verison.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, you can take your lousy PC and shove it up your ***. Learn how to write the English language before talking smack. Damn Monkey!

InfectedAss
02-15-2006, 05:23 PM
will someone please tell me what southpaw is?

MassiveTurd
02-15-2006, 07:17 PM
In victorian times you lefties would be punished for being left handed, maybe we should enforce that now as well. You evil lefties you. I smack your defective hands with a steel ruler. bad lefties bad lefties. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

SG_DEVIL
02-16-2006, 03:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedAss:
will someone please tell me what southpaw is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a setting for LEFT-HAND ppl. What hand do you use to ***** the monkey? left or right?

If you use left hand then you will need SOUTHPAW settings to do better.
If you use right hand then you wont need SOUTHPAW.

Got it?

MassiveTurd
02-16-2006, 09:54 AM
like i said:

In victorian times you lefties would be punished for being left handed, maybe we should enforce that now as well. You evil lefties you. I smack your defective hands with a steel ruler. bad lefties bad lefties.

BIGOLHEAD
02-16-2006, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vadcol:

Link: http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/ghostrecon3/seemore_pc.php </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you think that looks better than the 360 version you have eye problems....or just bad taste.

FPWV...yeah I can understand that but "looks waaaay better than Xbox 360 version"?

Please....not even close from what I'm seeing.

Not that I'm bashing the pc version because I'm buying it but I can't see what you're seeing.

thearbitre
05-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Man! Where have I been, a left handed battle and I am missing the whole thing! Better bet your *** this is an important feature that needs to be in EVERY game! Glad to be here fighting the fight with you all! I have created a petition in Vadcol's honor. Please go check it out and sign it.
Southpaw Gamers Unite (http://www.petitiononline.com/Southpaw/petition.html)