PDA

View Full Version : X-Box 360 Version (Freezing)

Woodarich
03-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Why does my game freezes up every 15 minutes or so while I'm playing online with X-Box? That's even if I can get through the start button before it freezes? Any help or solutions would be appreciated. Nothing worse than having all of them XP points and you lose them all, because the game keeps on freezing up. Thanks,

Woodarich
03-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Why does my game freezes up every 15 minutes or so while I'm playing online with X-Box? That's even if I can get through the start button before it freezes? Any help or solutions would be appreciated. Nothing worse than having all of them XP points and you lose them all, because the game keeps on freezing up. Thanks,

THE_BULLITT_01
03-24-2009, 03:59 AM
I know on x box. when the game first starts and it says press start do not. Their is a glitch in this.

Wait till u see a while line flash in the middleof the screen (about 5 secs or so) then press start. Im guessing their is some kinda boot issue with the game inself. Hopeing a patch or update will come out to fix this.

as of in game freezes i dont know. have not had them issues yet. to try and diag why its doing it.

hope this helps somewhat,

Woodarich
03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Bullit- Thanks for the info. Really appreciated it. I did notice after a few attempts, wait until that little glitch on the screen jumps, and most of the time you're safe. By some miracle or unforseen entity, the game seldom freezes now. It still does after long hours of playing HAWX, but not like before. It could be my XBOX unit itself, it's one of the original models. Thought about buying a new hard drive, but when I emptied out my hard drive, and it still froze. That wasn't the answer. Also changed the pic. quality from 1080 to 780, that didn't help either. so it's still up in the air why it froze every 5 minutes or so. At least it has stopped for the time being.

THE_BULLITT_01
03-24-2009, 09:27 PM
well Also i have had issues with gta4 and hawx freezing up on me. andalso forza 2 motorsport.

also how many hours at a time do youplay ur system.

how manydays in a row. etc.

my issue from this is i think my eye in my disk drive is slowly going out. over the last 2 months. Its getting more andmore frequent with the freezing.

plus thedrive is a little bit more noisy then itwas new. they did have issues with after a while the drives eye goes bad and itwill have to be replaced.

My buddys had to be also replaced after playing several weeks of 8 hour shifts on it. during his xmas break.

U also cant clean the eye due to the sensitivity of it. so cd rom cleaners are useless on this ull scratch the eye.

You can try a can of compressed air. and slowly blow it in their with the drive open. and try andclean possibbly any dust or dirt outofthe xbox itself. and the drive area.

also check and see if youhave any minor scratches in ur disks. i know 2 of my games that do freeze timeandtime. my drive has put very minor relectable only visable thin scratches in surface of disk.

thats also a sign the drive is messed up.

let me know. i can find the drives forpretty cheap. a buddy of mine repairs and fixes them. so he has a few parts laying around.

Woodarich
03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Bullit- All you mentioned was right on. Brand new games get scratched.Skate2 also freezes up at times. The noise on the console is loud. 6 hours straight are played on this one console often. Average is at least 3 hours per day.

THE_BULLITT_01
03-26-2009, 04:16 PM
also how is ur xbox mounted. do you have it laying down or standing up.

It has been found to NOT stand it up. this can cause the issue of scratched disks, freezing. etc.

i wouldlay it down if you can.

also. if it has been stood up and now layingdown. standing it up for that time could have made that issue happen.

also. if youever moved it while it was on. you could have damaged the disk drive if it was bounced or knocked into anything.

these systems are very fragile. the littlest hit could makebig problems.