PDA

View Full Version : why

teengamer14
06-20-2007, 06:50 PM
why all the hate?

i thought i was going to be able to do someting like this in DA. (the glasses)

teengamer14
06-20-2007, 06:50 PM
why all the hate?

i thought i was going to be able to do someting like this in DA. (the glasses)

CovertKi11
06-20-2007, 08:39 PM
What are you talkin about?

SPROGGY
06-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Instead of NVG's Sam used Sunglasses in the Kinsasha level. Pressing the button to activate the goggles would instead flip the sunglasses up or down. I agree with the OP, I dont see the problem with the hoodie.

FARLEYFAN
06-20-2007, 09:56 PM
WTH are you even talkin about? Who cares about the hoodie, it is stupid. This game is like the sims now, do you want hood on or off? Stupid.

SPROGGY
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Yup, just like the Sims. With H2H combat, stealth, espionage, fully interactive environments, varying objectives, and a good plot. Hell, that sounds kinda like Splinter Cell to me.

To each his own I guess......

Stealth_chill
06-20-2007, 11:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deepego3:
Yup, just like the Sims. With H2H combat, stealth, espionage, fully interactive environments, varying objectives, and a good plot. Hell, that sounds kinda like Splinter Cell to me.

To each his own I guess...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like he said...the sims! no seriously the sims is the biggest pile of (cencored) that EA has ever produced.

but hell, the hoodie was pretty dumb in the first place...but the glasse were coo!

CriminalOrigins
06-20-2007, 11:54 PM
The glasses barely made a noticeable difference in the vision lol.

The hoodie looks pretty dumb. And most likely the game will be made so the guards never even suspect that you're a shady character if you're wearing your hoodie.

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 02:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deepego3:
Hell, that sounds kinda like Splinter Cell to me.

^lol, sneaking around in crowds with hoodies, throwing chairs, and hardly any stealth. Yeah, sounds just like SC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

simulacra
06-21-2007, 05:32 AM
All those things are STILL optional, why would you throw chairs?
I wont ...

Gameplay mechanics are gameplay mechanics, stealing a laptop to get a guard to move away is no different from shooting a distraction grenade onto a wall, making it beep and run off while the guard investigates, maybe some of you should stop being so negative and REALLY look at how big the ACTUAL gameplay differences are...

MKCC14
06-21-2007, 05:35 AM
How about just dont buy the game. Some people like how it is and others doesnt, you're wasting your time here bashing the game and our time.

element54
06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
How is it wasting your time? Your here for the same reason everyone else is here, to read the new community impressions of the game.

MKCC14
06-21-2007, 09:53 AM
It gets tiresome hearing the same ol' same ol' about how its going to suck and all that ****. You cant even get a decent conversation going about the game here without some person making a dumb joke about it or the game is gonna fail. Im a supporter of the new game but you dont see me going around praising the game saying it will be GOTY and all that.

element54
06-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Then come up with some rebuttals like "this game is going to be cool because you can do "such and such" which will allow you to do "such and such". Thats why i think it will be cool."

Obviously it won't be as easy as it will be for someone bashing the game because no one has played the new style of gameplay and no one knows how it will turn out. It could be just as fun as playing DA versus. Beep beep beep beep.

SPROGGY
06-21-2007, 11:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FARLEYFAN:
Hell, that sounds kinda like Splinter Cell to me.

^lol, sneaking around in crowds with hoodies, throwing chairs, and hardly any stealth. Yeah, sounds just like SC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sounds to me like youre having some difficulty understanding what stealth is. Blending in with a crowd, regardless of what youre wearing, is indeed stealth. "Throwing chairs" is optional....and thats common sense.

simulacra
06-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Rebuttals, like the one I posted above?
That scc doesn't seem to be that different from earlier games?

Tidenburg
06-21-2007, 11:20 AM
deepego, I think it was quite obvious that Farleyfan meant the stealth in the previous games and not social stealth.

SPROGGY
06-21-2007, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tidenburg:
deepego, I think it was quite obvious that Farleyfan meant the stealth in the previous games and not social stealth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont.

MKCC14
06-21-2007, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by element54:
Then come up with some rebuttals like "this game is going to be cool because you can do "such and such" which will allow you to do "such and such". Thats why i think it will be cool."

Obviously it won't be as easy as it will be for someone bashing the game because no one has played the new style of gameplay and no one knows how it will turn out. It could be just as fun as playing DA versus. Beep beep beep beep. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, sort of tried that before...they'll start to call you a "Ubi drone" because you agree with what Ubi is doing to the game and will buy no matter what they sell. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

We havent even seen enough to know what is actually going to be going on. There is so many questions that need to be answered on the game I cant even make an opinion of how the game will turn out.

simulacra
06-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Nobody STILL haven't explained why the stealth in earlier games are the only kind worthy of being in a splinter cell game?

Come on, I want a decent unbiased explanation to that one, no emotion, no venting, just why...

CriminalOrigins
06-21-2007, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MKCC14:
Im a supporter of the new game but you dont see me going around praising the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that's pretty much what every post of your's is...

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Because a Splinter Cell uses shadows for stealth. They do use their cleverness, but all of the other games were based off of shadow, this one should be as well. If the splinter cell's different style's of stealth had been shown in previous games, no one would actually get so negative about. I personally already have played hitman, and I plan on getting Assassin's Creed, and right now I don't want another copy of those 2 fused.

Chief_Goldblum
06-21-2007, 01:30 PM
well, if you dont like conviction you can always go play vampire rain... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Could someone tell me why throwing chairs/throwing cash registers/throwing coffee machines, blowing up gas tanks, throwing guards, "aggressive" button - the red one, and hoodies are in a freaking STEALTH GAME?! Not that they are optional, tell me why they are even IN a stealth game. It is being made by a guy who doesn't even know his way around a freaking x360 controller people come on.

Why can people say it is going to rock, but I can't say it is going to suck? It is just like freedom of speech, just like you can say Bush sucks and I can say that I support him.

Get real people, open your eyes, this is gonna be a quiet version of dead rising - throwing objects at people - hitman, and Assassin's Creed. All games that we have played or will, why would we want another copy of those fused?

simulacra
06-21-2007, 02:25 PM
I dont know if it's going to suck och rock, but fact reamins, you could be aggressive in CT aswell, just scroll the mousewheel all the way up and hit ppl when they get close.
Throwing chairs are OPTIONAL!

The game is STILL about going about unnoticed, albeit in a not entirely dark enviroment anymore...
What we get in scc is more options to deal with problems, noone's forcing you to take out every guard you see.

insanity76
06-21-2007, 02:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FARLEYFAN:
Could someone tell me why throwing chairs/throwing cash registers/throwing coffee machines, blowing up gas tanks, throwing guards, "aggressive" button - the red one, and hoodies are in a freaking STEALTH GAME?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same reason an attachment for Sam's SC20 to fire loud assed sniper rounds & shotgun rounds was put into Chaos Theory.

element54
06-21-2007, 02:39 PM
they should just add a day night cycle like in STALKER and make it so we have the option to wait for night when there is more security or go at it during the day when there is less advantage in hiding.

I think we would all be happy then right?

MMusumeci
06-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah I think everybody will maybe be ok with the night and day ****.

P.S. Those of you thinking this game is like the sims: youre all assfaces.

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 04:11 PM
I meant it looked like the Sims.

Cheeserdude
06-21-2007, 06:22 PM
dudes...

they should have 2 diff forums:

1 for haters and 1 for lovers.

Such a drastic diference!

lol

teengamer14
06-21-2007, 08:46 PM
wow. i did not expect so many replies. and where do you get the sims from? it looks nothing like the sims.

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I was just comparing it to the sims for having hoodie on/off for no reason, and for it having a lot of people you walk through. The demo resembled the sims to me, just a joke really.

MKCC14
06-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Could someone tell me why throwing chairs/throwing cash registers/throwing coffee machines, blowing up gas tanks, throwing guards, "aggressive" button - the red one, and hoodies are in a freaking STEALTH GAME?! Not that they are optional, tell me why they are even IN a stealth game. It is being made by a guy who doesn't even know his way around a freaking x360 controller people come on.

Why can people say it is going to rock, but I can't say it is going to suck? It is just like freedom of speech, just like you can say Bush sucks and I can say that I support him.

Get real people, open your eyes, this is gonna be a quiet version of dead rising - throwing objects at people - hitman, and Assassin's Creed. All games that we have played or will, why would we want another copy of those fused? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Um, yeah, some people complained too when they found out Sam was going to have a Sniper and Shotgun attachments in SCCT. Everyone got into an uproar saying "Oh, its an action game now", "Its turning into MGS", and all that other bull****.

Look now, though, you all loved the game and it was nearly flawless. Oh yeah, this game has been in development for 2 years now way before Dead Rising was in development, the newest hitman, and possibly AC(Im not sure).

FARLEYFAN
06-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Assassin's creed has been in development for about 4 years now. That is what it said in the trailer. Dead Rising was put in development about 2 years ago, and same with hitman. I see a huge resemblence between hitman, and assassin's creed - not so much dead rising.

Hitman - Blend in to environment, make yourself look normal.

Assassin's Creed - Of course the crowds, and the interactivity with environment. You also have a certain vision in Conviction's just like AC...

So yes, I do believe they built off of ideas from other titles. All the should have done was built off of CT... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

marinius
06-22-2007, 03:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CriminalOrigins:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MKCC14:
Im a supporter of the new game but you dont see me going around praising the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that's pretty much what every post of your's is... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Absolutely, exactly what I was gonna say. I don't think any of us "waste people's time" any more than for instance MKCC14 does. He posts incessantly in every thread, basically saying the exact same thing over and over again. I can understand it getting tiresome reading people's opinions on why they dislike what they've seen so far. I can assure you, it's just as tiresome reading "I think this game will be great" ad nauseam.

Vth_F_Smith_
06-22-2007, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marinius:
He posts incessantly in every thread, basically saying the exact same thing over and over again. I can understand it getting tiresome reading people's opinions on why they dislike what they've seen so far. I can assure you, it's just as tiresome reading "I think this game will be great" ad nauseam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's the "problem" in a democratic country - everyone is entiteled to his / her own opinion! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

marinius
06-22-2007, 06:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vth_F_Smith_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marinius:
He posts incessantly in every thread, basically saying the exact same thing over and over again. I can understand it getting tiresome reading people's opinions on why they dislike what they've seen so far. I can assure you, it's just as tiresome reading "I think this game will be great" ad nauseam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's the "problem" in a democratic country - everyone is entiteled to his / her own opinion! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, and I certainly don't view it as a problem. I'm merely saying that I'll keep posting my thoughts on this game eventhough someone might find my opinions tiresome.

Brownsnakeeyes
06-22-2007, 06:56 AM
I'm finding more and more this next SC game having alot of the same elements of a game called mercenaries. You basically have one objective ( maybe some minor ones), then you're given multiple options to complete the said objective. Am I right?

I also have to agree with this post. <span class="ev_code_RED">Could someone tell me why throwing chairs/throwing cash registers/throwing coffee machines, blowing up gas tanks, throwing guards, "aggressive" button - the red one, and hoodies are in a freaking STEALTH GAME?! Not that they are optional, tell me why they are even IN a stealth game. It is being made by a guy who doesn't even know his way around a freaking x360 controller people come on.</span>

And let me remind others that sure SCCT had a sniper rifle and a shotgun. But this is totally different. You have much more interaction with throwing stuff. And besides this, using the said things in CT was very hard to do. Very hard. So please stop using that for an example to justify throwing copiers and chairs. People hardly ever used those weapons anyways. As UBI isn't going to promote a gameplay like throwing things in a game with it being a "hard " option to do. I'm sure it's going to be very easy to pull off.

I also think that sure there's alot of nay sayers that aren't thinking very much of the social stealth element, but at the same time the people ok with this aren't thinking about the fact or possibility that after a month of playing this gameplay will be getting rather stale and easy.

I personally like the social stealth idea. In Assassins Creed that is. That's were it belongs. In a new game that's never been done before, not in an already established series.

One reason I don't think that the social stealth is going to work for SC is because of the CQC system being put in. If the CQC system doesn't have that many moves then maybe I'll think twice about it. But if there's going to be multiple moves than it just shows me that there's not much depth to this new stealth and UBI had to add something to prolong it. Until the point where everyone playing it has it mastered.

For some reason I don't see the consequences being as steep as previous SC games.

Oh yeah one more thing. Some may say that we don't have to by it. But at the same time people don't have to comment or read posts either.

teengamer14
06-22-2007, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brownsnakeeyes:
And let me remind others that sure SCCT had a sniper rifle and a shotgun. But this is totally different. ...using the said things in CT was very hard to do. Very hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how was it hard? i thought it was very easy to use the shotgun and rifle to my advantage

Brownsnakeeyes
06-22-2007, 07:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teengamer14:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brownsnakeeyes:
And let me remind others that sure SCCT had a sniper rifle and a shotgun. But this is totally different. ...using the said things in CT was very hard to do. Very hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how was it hard? i thought it was very easy to use the shotgun and rifle to my advantage </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it was easy to use those weapons. All you have to do is pull your trigger. But try using those weapons playing on the hardest difficulty level.

And also remember that SC is a stealth game. The object is to not be seen or heard. That's probably why you have a meter for both. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

MKCC14
06-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Oh yeah, find a thread where I am praising the game. I cant remember saying this is going to be GOTY or the best game ever. All i see i have been doing is giving some facts about the game so that some of you people dont bash the game of things you dont even know thats in the game or not.

I guess I better start praising this game. It looks much better than that P.O.S. game SCCT. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

MMusumeci
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey c'mon man SCCT was probably one of the best SC games. It's impossible to compare SCCT with SCC they are both completely different SC games.

MKCC14
06-22-2007, 01:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MMusumeci:
Hey c'mon man SCCT was probably one of the best SC games. It's impossible to compare SCCT with SCC they are both completely different SC games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was just being sarcastic, bro. SCCT was the best SC in content.