PDA

View Full Version : Lag at landing and shootdown??

R.O.F.-Sniper
07-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey ppl..
It's pretty loooong since i've played lo-mac but i think i'm going to refresh my expierience now some weeks.. But I have a big problem.. And that problem is that everytime i get shot down or go in for a landing or just fly low and the cpu might think I'm doing so the whole game starts to lagg.. I don't know why and it doesn't even stop.. I belive this problem came with the 1.2 patch and don't know if any of you guys have it but any suggestions on what i can do? The video settings are fine.. FPS is pretty high so I don't see any problems with my system..?

R.O.F.-Sniper
07-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey ppl..
It's pretty loooong since i've played lo-mac but i think i'm going to refresh my expierience now some weeks.. But I have a big problem.. And that problem is that everytime i get shot down or go in for a landing or just fly low and the cpu might think I'm doing so the whole game starts to lagg.. I don't know why and it doesn't even stop.. I belive this problem came with the 1.2 patch and don't know if any of you guys have it but any suggestions on what i can do? The video settings are fine.. FPS is pretty high so I don't see any problems with my system..?

AznKamiKazeKid
07-05-2006, 11:45 AM
first, there's no 1.2 patch. Do you mean 1.02? This makes a big differece because 1.2 is the next addon called Black Shark. The current highest patch is 1.12a but in order to get to that you need the addon called Flaming Cliffs.

Second, what is your system

Third, what is your settings

Because it is very common is have slowdowns when you get close to the ground.

R.O.F.-Sniper
07-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Frist. I have 1.02 for Lock On Modern Air Combat

Second. 2.67GHZ Pentium 4, 2GB Ram, G-Force 6600GTDH, Creative Xtreme++,

Third, I have set the graphics settings to high so my plane looks good and that works but i have turned the terrain textures to low cuz it's making to much lagg in the normal flight.
I have watergraphics turned on high but that works fine.

I have tried with different settings but the problem comes back, and allways ONLY in the F-15, none of the other aircraft..

AznKamiKazeKid
07-05-2006, 02:12 PM
do not turn the water graphics to high- that is the major fps killers. As for the problem only on the F-15, do you have any mods/skins installed on that plane? Some other fps killer would be heat blur, visibility range...etc. Your rig is ok but its your cpu that's the bottleneck. Since there's nothing you can do for that unless you buy a new one, i would upgrade the graphics driver

R.O.F.-Sniper
07-05-2006, 04:39 PM
nope, no mods or skins installed. the water on high works fine cause i don't have any lagg when I'm flying over the water or something like that.. the problem doesn't always occur even if i fly low.. just sometimes but then i have to abort the mission.. i also have the newest driver for my card. heat blure and visiual distances have i configured too..

hm.. well thx for helping but i think i may just have to live with that on SP...

konkussion
07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Smoothness in LOMAC is a difficult balance of your hardware vs. the amount of action & objects in a mission and the level at which they are drawn & represented. You nor anyone else has a computer that will do it all at full throttle. It's simply a matter of which part of this is going to be the thing that crosses the line? I can run LOMAC at full settings, with a fair degree of smoothness- blur and all. Now- add in some fire & brimstone and down she goes...

Water on "Very High" and "heat blur" are a waste of resources unless you're into screenshot art, or shootin' movies. Nothing wrong with that, mind you- just the way it is.

AznKamiKazeKid
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM
trust me, you would want to push the water to medium. When things get heavy is going to lag. Even if you are flying over land, i believe the water is still being rendered because its under the land. Regardless you should still push it down.

Meshsmoother
07-06-2006, 01:54 AM
Indeed water is under the ground!! I installed the FPS tweak for FC 1.12a with Modman5 from LockOnFiles and it has a nice rear view (you can fully watch your back) but also see under the ground!! (on externals, while landed) and water is there consuming resources!!
The FPS tweak worked for me, because I was able to run it @ full detail @ 1280 x 1024 (no fsaa) without any glitches (avg fps 26-34), but Konkussion is right: depending on the amount of objects involved on a mission, stutter and/or fps slow down will occur no matter what...
So to help things a bit (I fly from cockpit so I don't need these) I turned off heat blur, set water to medium, civilian traffic off, and set haze to basic, scenes are on very high (because I enjoy environment detail) and game runs very very smooth even @ 3mts over the ground/water with those settings + FPS tweak http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NOTE: I never could get 1.02 to work as smooth as Flaming Cliffs, even with a hughe tweaking work!! so I suggest you to upgrade to FC 1.12a, for more that this reason. It rocks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

=S=

T.

R.O.F.-Sniper
07-06-2006, 05:19 AM
well.. thanks guys but this still doesn't solve my problem.. I know water and haze take a lot of the frame rate.. but why, oh why mighy God of the Eagles does it only lagg with the F-15 ?
That's what I'm curious about.. Also with everything on low.. And only on Single Player.. ?

konkussion
07-06-2006, 09:01 AM
There are several areas on the map that are particularly bad as far as frames go. The western coast of the crimea is generally bad. Server missions don't run well over there- just bad performance in general. I'm not sure why exactly, but it might be all the cities. Simferopol & west. I have noted in the past that Maykop is a bad airport too. Lots of skipping, and the rest. But this seems dependent on the rest of the mission as a whole.

VISRING on "high" really hurts my computer. (3.06 P4\x800XT\1GB ram) A few folks don't seem to have an issue with it. Go figure. It's supposed to be the primary load on the CPU..

R.O.F.-Sniper
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Ok.. well I don't belive it are the areas doing it.. at last not all the time cause i can fly everywhere on the map without any problems and suddenly it start's lagging.. like if there would be a script error in the game or something... but I don't know.. Guess I will have to wait till Fighter Ops comes out next year and fly Falcon 4.0 AF or something instead.. :S

but as I said.. thx guys for the help and keep on posting if you find out new things. much appriciated, i have tested everything you said.

wizard12006
07-20-2006, 05:02 AM
Hey R.O.F.-Sniper, you said that the issue you are having only happens in the F15 right? I have the same problem in the F15 but it only happens in certain missions. Are you having this problem in certain missions only? I found that the missions I have the problem in that if I create a mission using the same general area as the mission but using less items like other aircraft and ground objects the problem does not seem as bad so I feel that konkussion is right on his analogy of the issue.