PDA

View Full Version : PETITION!

BS-GRIFFIN
06-22-2006, 07:28 PM

Monkey_Puncher
06-22-2006, 07:32 PM
No, because I didn't buy it because I'm not an idiot.

Anyone who did buy it might as well pull your trousers down and bend over, because you just got butt raped by Ubi's big money ****.

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2006, 07:37 PM
I paid for the content and my butt feels just like it did before i made the purchase.

Glitchhawk
06-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Ubisoft Owns

And Your Foolesh if you think all Nex-gen Games were also going to have Last Gen Priced Downloads.

MaxxGold
06-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Charging 15 dollars for this is pretty lame. It's worth about 5 dollars. It doesn't seem fair that the pc players get it for free. 15 dollars is nothing to me but it is just not worth it.

Aj6627
06-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Maxx, read this please. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291043913/m/8801065654)

Dom211
06-22-2006, 08:23 PM
it's really nothing but a business now. maybe once they cared about the gamers but now it's all about the money. they could care less about what we say on these fourms...so what if 20 people say they aren't going to get the DLC....they still have 100,000+ other people who will.

lonegunman718
06-22-2006, 08:48 PM
this is a kick in the face to the fans , cause bottom line is the real hard core gr player will buy what ever they put out, shame they really don't give a sh|t about the people who make the game.

BS-GRIFFIN
06-22-2006, 09:41 PM
BUMP

MeanMF
06-22-2006, 09:51 PM
I can't say I feel screwed over by the DLC because I'm not going to buy it. But I do feel screwed over because I bought into the hype when the game first game out and paid $60 for a game with 10 mostly lame maps that I played for a couple of weeks before getting fed up with the overemphasis on CQB and the unbalanced M468SD. I was eagerly anticipating that the DLC would improve the game enough to make it worth tha initial $60, but at $15 there's no way I'm rewarding them for not including much content in the original game. I'm going to cut my losses and sell GRAW to Gamestop for $30, and continue to play Summit Strike until a better game comes out.

IWAG360
06-23-2006, 12:33 AM
id have to say yes because i cant even play what ive paid for, theres no telling when this download will be able to be played.

i have heard much about boycotting this dlc, but thats not going to happen, the best way to boycott is to boycott future ubi releases, like splinter cell, which im sure is costing them a fortune to develop.

if you answered yes on this poll, please start telling your friends and posting where you belong, boycott splinter cell and rainbow six vegas until something is done about this and we get a commitment from ubi to once again make it about the games, not about the money.

MeanMF
06-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by IWAG360:
i have heard much about boycotting this dlc, but thats not going to happen, the best way to boycott is to boycott future ubi releases
Selling your copy of GRAW is another good way. Every used copy that sells is one less new copy that sells. And Ubisoft gets nothing from sales of preowned games.

IWAG360
06-23-2006, 12:48 AM
ahh, but if i sell my copy and someone else buys it and downloads the content, ubi has won. better to hit them with major titles that are coming soon i would think, that way, no sales, no downloads, no money. just my thought.

MeanMF
06-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by IWAG360:
ahh, but if i sell my copy and someone else buys it and downloads the content, ubi has won.
Not really.. Because if you hadn't made your preowned copy available they would have had no choice but to buy a NEW copy (and the DLC), which would transfer far more $$$ to Ubisoft.

IWAG360
06-23-2006, 01:02 AM
ya true, but anyone who reads these forums ought not to be buying GRAW anyway... and i already spent the money on the download http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif thinking that i would actually get to play it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif because i loved the game so much http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif up til now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif but i keep getting the cant download message http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif and i havent gotten through to XBL yet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif . i am really done with ubi after this fiasco http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

BS-GRIFFIN
06-23-2006, 01:35 AM
I DID actually buy the downloads because i like the game but the bit that really gets me is that i have paid my money and 10 hours later i stil have not recieved my content and neither does it look like coming any time soon as my download has froze as im sure everyone elses has also. I couldnt be more pissed off to be honest.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2006, 03:38 AM
all this download mess going on and i had my first laugh of the day, here you are running a Petition and you purchase the content pmsl..

higgy19711971
06-23-2006, 04:24 AM
Well i find all this amusing. Ive paid for the content, and im gonna enjoy it. Didnt see this much reaction when Bungie charged 14.99 for some Halo2 stuff....

And is everyone moaning because of the price, or because the majority of Ubi dl's have been free before?

Everything costs in this world now, some things just cost more than others....

Megalosaurus
06-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Love the game, but have choosen not to buy the DLC. To me that value is not there.

I fear now that without the DLC the game will be worthless for online play. It's definately lost it's replay value without the DLC. Now looks more like an ebay item.

MassiveTurd
06-23-2006, 05:43 AM
UBISOFT = new EA rip off bast@rds

Why are we being shafted on the 360? its basically 4 maps, the other are different times of day, a few weapons and a couple of face jee whizz.

Why is the pc version FREE?? its day light robbery, and piss off with dont buy it if ya dont want it god how droll.. ubi this is a real shame, your getting greedy like fkn EA.

AnimalMother07
06-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by MassiveTurd:

Why are we being shafted on the 360? its basically 4 maps, the other are different times of day, a few weapons and a couple of face jee whizz.

Why is the pc version FREE?? its day light robbery, and piss off with dont buy it if ya dont want it god how droll.. ubi this is a real shame, your getting greedy like fkn EA.

You have stated your opinion in several different threads, there is no need to continue spamming/ranting about something that will NOT change.

I know that I am a "n00b" but still, I'm a Moderator at another forum and your not making their job easier.

REV1Z
06-23-2006, 07:41 AM
yes because im not paying another 25 bucks on a 60 doller game

Scottacus
06-23-2006, 07:48 AM
I feel shafted because I was disappointed that there were only 4 co-op maps in the original game, so for me getting 4 more finally makes the game worth the $60.

I've always been impressed with the additional content the Tom Clancy games have received over Xbox Live but they were reasonably priced. Is this GRAW update really 2-3 times better than the Splinter Cell updates (that were $5, if I remember right)?

If Ubisoft can't recoup their development costs with a lower price point, I'd suggest not making them at all.

MassiveTurd
06-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by AnimalMother07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MassiveTurd:

You have stated your opinion in several different threads, there is no need to continue spamming/ranting about something that will NOT change.

I know that I am a "n00b" but still, I'm a Moderator at another forum and your not making their job easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will post as many times as i like <span class="ev_code_RED">*edit - not with comments like that you wont*</span>

REV1Z
06-23-2006, 07:54 AM

PC is free cause a. online content for the PC has always pretty much been free tis one of the perks but thats kinda changing slowly cause of ea. b. if you seen the sorry state they shipped the pc version in they should get every thing for free that applies

AnimalMother07
06-23-2006, 08:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnimalMother07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MassiveTurd:

I know that I am a "n00b" but still, I'm a Moderator at another forum and your not making their job easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will post as many times as i like you <span class="ev_code_RED">*edit - quoted comment removed*</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe if you'd quit being a little whiny ***** who can't afford a $15 map pack, I wouldn't have to tell you to shut up.

Aj6627
06-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey turd, before you continue posting stuff about us getting it for free on the PC, read this thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3291043913/m/8801065654)

MassiveTurd
06-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by AnimalMother07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnimalMother07:

I will post as many times as i like you complete tw@, its none of your business, fek off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe if you'd quit being a little whiny ***** who can't afford a $15 map pack, I wouldn't have to tell you to shut up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Money? money? What has the amount i earn any relevance against the high cost? I earn enough thats not the issue. It getting value for money thats upsetting not just me, but many people. wake up and stop being a ubi fan boy.

Southpaw1964
06-23-2006, 11:43 AM
The patch sucks d*ck and has shafted all us lefties.... got 25 for my game today so yes I have been ripped off and I wont be buying another UBI game EVER!

thearbitre
06-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by MeanMF:
I can't say I feel screwed over by the DLC because I'm not going to buy it. But I do feel screwed over because I bought into the hype when the game first game out and paid $60 for a game with 10 mostly lame maps that I played for a couple of weeks before getting fed up with the overemphasis on CQB and the unbalanced M468SD. I was eagerly anticipating that the DLC would improve the game enough to make it worth tha initial $60, but at $15 there's no way I'm rewarding them for not including much content in the original game. I'm going to cut my losses and sell GRAW to Gamestop for $30, and continue to play Summit Strike until a better game comes out. Best post I have ever read. Lucky for me I took the game back as soon as I found out there was no support for Southpaw controls. WTF is the problem with developers cutting corners and charging more money for less?

willynowei
06-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Yes i feel shafted. But not by Ubi. My reason is a little different.

My reasoning is that since Ubi is a business they will look for an optimal price point. If 15 dollars is not it, then the DLC should fail. But so far it looks successful and thats the gamers fault.

Why are you buying?

Now i can't play GRAW online cause i can't get into a room that doesnt have a new map being used! For this, I am selling my copy of GRAW since i can't play it anymore, simply for the fact people are hosting DLC enabled games.

This is the gamers fault, i can't believe so many people are pouring in for this map pack.

MeanMF
06-24-2006, 02:59 AM
I now also realize that part of the strategy of holding back content from the original game and releasing it later was to hurt the rental market. Now you can't just rent the game any more - you have to pay an additional $15 if you want to play the full game online.

gb155
06-24-2006, 03:50 AM
I now also realize that part of the strategy of holding back content from the original game and releasing it later was to hurt the rental market. Now you can't just rent the game any more - you have to pay an additional $15 if you want to play the full game online.

Your Damm right and it wasnt something i hadnt even thought of, BLIMY

zerodreams
06-24-2006, 09:18 AM
I say yes because until there's a feature to "Join in Progress" on maps with infinite respawns, I won't be able to enjoy a full 16/16 15-20min Team Battle game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

MeanMF
06-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by zerodreams:
I say yes because until there's a feature to "Join in Progress" on maps with infinite respawns, I won't be able to enjoy a full 16/16 15-20min Team Battle game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
No Ghost Recon game has ever had that feature..but for big territory battles like that, BF2 is a far better choice anyway.

zerodreams
06-24-2006, 06:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerodreams:
No Ghost Recon game has ever had that feature..but for big territory battles like that, BF2 is a far better choice anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If there's never been that feature what does this quote mean from the PC GRAW patch??

"Any player joining a spawn limited server will only have as many spawns as the player with the least left, or 0 if the match has only 1 spawn.
Players on a spawn limited server will be spawned automatically into the game after 60 seconds"

REZBLUE
06-24-2006, 06:38 PM
I was royally screwed by Ubisoft with that stupid auto update that fried my 360, Now I gotta pay for my 360 to be fixed with money I dont have. <span class="ev_code_RED">*edit*</span>

MeanMF
06-24-2006, 06:41 PM
If there's never been that feature what does this quote mean from the PC GRAW patch??

I'm only referring to the Xbox Ghost Recons. I know nothing about the PC and PS2 versions.

zerodreams
06-24-2006, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If there's never been that feature what does this quote mean from the PC GRAW patch??

I'm only referring to the Xbox Ghost Recons. I know nothing about the PC and PS2 versions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well console games should be advancing in the world. If the PC games can have it, why can't the 360 owners have it? It's not like it's impossible.

Until "Join in Progress" is made available to us, most of these game types are rendered (nearly) useless. Since a lot of us don't like waiting 15 minutes to get in a game just for it to boot us out 30 seconds into it.

I got this DLC mainly for Team Battle (BF2 sucks for the 360 btw; imo), so in a way I do feel SCREWED by Ubi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

MeanMF
06-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I got this DLC mainly for Team Battle (BF2 sucks for the 360 btw; imo), so in a way I do feel SCREWED by Ubi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I only tried the demo of BF2 on 360. It wasn't different enough from the Xbox version for me to warrant buying it. But I did like the Xbox version except for its demented clan match system. Join-on-the-fly is fine.. but join-on-the-fly in a CLAN MATCH is another thing.

xnothanksx
06-25-2006, 09:01 AM
by buying this d/l at this point youre setting the price at $15 dollars for ****ty updates...imagine how much a decent update is going to be.

crowman31
06-25-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm selling this game back to EB Games @ $30. This is a dissapointment. This game didn't feel complete from the begining and they want extra for updates? I remember when video game companies used to make complete games and then offer updates. Now they just make incomplete games and try and charge you extra for what should have been apart of the game from the get-go. I'm done with GRAW.

CaliberRed
06-25-2006, 07:51 PM
PLEASE SHUSSSH if you think its to expensive then dont download it. i downloaded it and it was worth it 4 massive maps with day and night version and the new guns and face paints are awesome. if you dont want to download. then dont.but stop whining about it. its not going to change anything. and dont say well then we cant play with anyone anymore. then play with all the other whiners. So shussh

babydave
06-26-2006, 06:16 AM
i like the new stuff but its very overpriced, you are paying 25% of the original game price and only really getting 4 new maps/missions with 4 new weapons and some relit maps.

thats not 25% of the content of the original game is it?

and also the price has been set so that you more than likely have to puchase more points than you need.