PDA

View Full Version : Three Reasons Why Vegas 2 Sucks

rainbowsix777
04-07-2008, 03:17 PM
After giving this game a good 3 weeks, I have found it to be really bad. Games such as COD4 and Halo 3 are much better. Here are the three main reasons why this game isn't good:
1. Online playability.
I just can't seem to get into a match where my team isn't being spawn raped by a large clan. It really ruins the gameplay, and I don't enjoy being
blown up the second my shields go down.
2. Weapon Realism/Repetitiveness
There are really only five weapons in Vegas. An SMG, Assault Rifle, LMG, Shotgun, or Sniper Rifle. Every weapon in each class is ROUGHLY the same. Ya, there are a few deviances in damage and rate of fire, but no weapon, except the FAMAS, has any real distinct characteristics. For example, in COD4, if you take an M4, you'll have a virtually recoilless, but weak, assault rifle. On the other hand, If you take an AK, you'll have the exact opposite, high damage with high recoil. Also, the recycling of weapon sounds is a BIG mistake.
3. Graphics/Buggyness
Okay, this one goes to UBI. Two of you're great games, GRAW 2, and Assassin's Creed, had some of the BEST graphics I've ever seen. However, in Vegas 2, everything except for the people, excluding civilians in the SP mode, looks either like cheese or paper. Now I know the graphics are harder to create when almost everything must have a cover attribute, but this is the Unreal Engine we're talking about. EA is making almost every object in Bad Company destructible, and those graphics are fantastic! The game is also very buggy. In Vegas 1, there was a repeating machine gun glitch, the really annoying bullet sound. At least you could have patched that up for Vegas 2.

Now, I know that these things will never be fixed, because if they do, It will be called Vegas 3. I also do not think that Vegas 2 should have been a patch for Vegas 1. The A.C.E.S. system, the best part of Vegas 2, could not have been incorporated into a patch, hence making the
experience points useless for Vegas 1 elites.

I hope that haze will not disappoint.

rainbowsix777
04-07-2008, 03:17 PM
After giving this game a good 3 weeks, I have found it to be really bad. Games such as COD4 and Halo 3 are much better. Here are the three main reasons why this game isn't good:
1. Online playability.
I just can't seem to get into a match where my team isn't being spawn raped by a large clan. It really ruins the gameplay, and I don't enjoy being
There are really only five weapons in Vegas. An SMG, Assault Rifle, LMG, Shotgun, or Sniper Rifle. Every weapon in each class is ROUGHLY the same. Ya, there are a few deviances in damage and rate of fire, but no weapon, except the FAMAS, has any real distinct characteristics. For example, in COD4, if you take an M4, you'll have a virtually recoilless, but weak, assault rifle. On the other hand, If you take an AK, you'll have the exact opposite, high damage with high recoil. Also, the recycling of weapon sounds is a BIG mistake.
3. Graphics/Buggyness
Okay, this one goes to UBI. Two of you're great games, GRAW 2, and Assassin's Creed, had some of the BEST graphics I've ever seen. However, in Vegas 2, everything except for the people, excluding civilians in the SP mode, looks either like cheese or paper. Now I know the graphics are harder to create when almost everything must have a cover attribute, but this is the Unreal Engine we're talking about. EA is making almost every object in Bad Company destructible, and those graphics are fantastic! The game is also very buggy. In Vegas 1, there was a repeating machine gun glitch, the really annoying bullet sound. At least you could have patched that up for Vegas 2.

Now, I know that these things will never be fixed, because if they do, It will be called Vegas 3. I also do not think that Vegas 2 should have been a patch for Vegas 1. The A.C.E.S. system, the best part of Vegas 2, could not have been incorporated into a patch, hence making the

I hope that haze will not disappoint.

xZer0klx
04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Ok I agree with #2 about the weapons, but let's change #3 to the fact that everyone's ranks/medals are being reset. We work to get elite, and spend 60 bucks on about a million copies of their game, and they screw us over. I also somewhat agree with #1, what's with only 1 respawn? Vegas 2 does suck compared to Halo 3 and COD4. -prepares for flaming-

GrimReaper4383
04-07-2008, 04:09 PM
i agree with all 3.

BattelGnome94
04-07-2008, 06:04 PM
wait what console is the reset on?

shabazz5th
04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rainbowsix777:
1. Online playability.
3. Graphics/Buggyness

I hope that haze will not disappoint. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you on all three...although no party matchmaking and the horrible ranked system need to be changed.

Plus, haven't you learned your lesson? Don't buy Haze man...we complain and complain, yet you will buy their NEXT game????

immafatazn
04-07-2008, 06:38 PM
i agree too....i actually stopped playing cod4 for about a week and started to play this game like crazy..until i started noticing all the problems and got sick of em

scr33ner
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by immafatazn:
i agree too....i actually stopped playing cod4 for about a week and started to play this game like crazy..until i started noticing all the problems and got sick of em </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too!!!

Dam Quebecois, give the development back to Red Storm. Bring development back to American hands!

pnr32
04-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Im currently playing on and off between the two. And yes i agree with everything you said but add, CONECTION ISSUES, like me only being able to join peoples matches from the xbox guide screen, and also the fact that there is ONLY ONE SPAWN POINT.

DexLuther
04-07-2008, 07:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rainbowsix777:
1. Online playability.
blown up the second my shields go down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because R6 isn't meant to be a game with respawns to begin with. They try to cater to the people that want it, but fail miserably. You people should go back to Halo and COD or whatever so they can make R6 the way it was again.

They better do it fast too before they alienate their true fans beyond the point of no return.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scr33ner:
Dam Quebecois, give the development back to Red Storm. Bring development back to American hands! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was my understanding the Red Storm doesn't even exist anymore.

TheWarHam
04-07-2008, 08:08 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif You might make Ubi cry.

Spawn matches are for bad players and COD people, thats why you dont have fun.

scr33ner
04-07-2008, 10:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DexLuther:

They better do it fast too before they alienate their true fans beyond the point of no return.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scr33ner:
Dam Quebecois, give the development back to Red Storm. Bring development back to American hands! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was my understanding the Red Storm doesn't even exist anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as alienating fans, they've already veered away from the 'original' R6 formula that made it work before (the way-points game-play was already gone by the 3rd one I think). I can accept change. All I want is a FINISHED game.

Not one where I hear machine gun noises in the back for an entire map.

Not one where graphics take 10-15 seconds to load when playing online.

And especially not one where the graphics of a game looks 3yrs old!

Not when I have to pay $64.00 for a game that was rushed out the door.

www.redstorm.com: (http://www.redstorm.com:) they're still very much alive & well. It would serve Ubisoft to give R6 back to them.

Like I've said before on other posts, unless I see a Red Storm Studios on an R6 game, I'll rent it 1st then think about buyin it. But if it's only from Ubisoft, fuhgeddaboutit...

RSV2POS
04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Just three?

TW_Night_Fox
04-14-2008, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just three? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Sebastian_san
04-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Been playing this game for just 1 day (on PS3 btw), I've already encountered that annoying machine repetition sound. Also the lagginess of the online gameplay was bad. Terrorist Hunt was ok. But other modes is not smooth.

This game is actually fun (never played any R6 games before) in its own rights but, this games seriously needs some bug fixes. I would be more than happy if UBI fixed that machine gun sound. That will already make my day.

And I actually bought the limited edition...

I never actually rant or complain about any games, but this is really getting out of hand. As what many gamers would have said, it really does feel like this game is still in beta phase.

D4rk50ul808
04-15-2008, 12:30 AM
It's not Ubi as a whole, it's the guys that made this game. GRAW2 trumps this in every single way, I dare you to find one it doesn't. So if an older game is superior in every way, it makes me think that they put this out to collect a quick buck and that the Dev team is a joke.

Comparison?

R6V2 graphics aren't even close to GRAW2, and they take LONGER to load.

R6V2 guns aren't accurate, and all behave identically. They just got lazy as hell here. GRAW2 at least made them accurate, even though all assault rifles are similar to a point.

R6V2 features nothing but rehashed maps and a completely linear campaign, lacking any story. Well I think GRAW2's campaign sucks, but there is now 52 maps including DLC with a complete SP Campaign and a DIFFERENT MP Campaign featuring 16 missions now.

R6V2 allows 2 coop campaign, 4 in t-hunt, and 16 in vs. 16 across the board if you got the connection for it in GRAW2.

They didn't fix a single bug in R6V2 from V1. They used the same game and added a new campaign and some re-hashed maps. They can deny it all they want, this game is Vegas 1 with slight enhancements and some features stripped.

My point is that they are made by the same parent company. How can they let one of their divisions put out such trash? This is the kind of game that alienates hardcore fans. Recon got changed into GRAW and it irritated me a bit with the changes, but it's still generally similar. Vegas isn't even close to the series heritage, it's like a completely different game and style.

People are getting too easy to please. Look at the garbage we are buying these days. Halo 3 is a shadow of Halo 2, and not even close to Halo 1 other than having better graphics. COD4 is nice, but it lacks quite a bit in tactics and variety. R6 isn't even next gen in my opinion, Summit Strike had better graphics. What happened to games that blew your mind when you played it. Consumers are making the market too easy on these companies, it will never happen but we need to stop buying trash and support the smaller devs that put time into their product.

DexLuther
04-15-2008, 12:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D4rk50ul808:
It's not Ubi as a whole, it's the guys that made this game. GRAW2 trumps this in every single way, I dare you to find one it doesn't. So if an older game is superior in every way, it makes me think that they put this out to collect a quick buck and that the Dev team is a joke.

Comparison?

R6V2 graphics aren't even close to GRAW2, and they take LONGER to load.

R6V2 guns aren't accurate, and all behave identically. They just got lazy as hell here. GRAW2 at least made them accurate, even though all assault rifles are similar to a point.

R6V2 features nothing but rehashed maps and a completely linear campaign, lacking any story. Well I think GRAW2's campaign sucks, but there is now 52 maps including DLC with a complete SP Campaign and a DIFFERENT MP Campaign featuring 16 missions now.

R6V2 allows 2 coop campaign, 4 in t-hunt, and 16 in vs. 16 across the board if you got the connection for it in GRAW2.

They didn't fix a single bug in R6V2 from V1. They used the same game and added a new campaign and some re-hashed maps. They can deny it all they want, this game is Vegas 1 with slight enhancements and some features stripped.

My point is that they are made by the same parent company. How can they let one of their divisions put out such trash? This is the kind of game that alienates hardcore fans. Recon got changed into GRAW and it irritated me a bit with the changes, but it's still generally similar. Vegas isn't even close to the series heritage, it's like a completely different game and style.

People are getting too easy to please. Look at the garbage we are buying these days. Halo 3 is a shadow of Halo 2, and not even close to Halo 1 other than having better graphics. COD4 is nice, but it lacks quite a bit in tactics and variety. R6 isn't even next gen in my opinion, Summit Strike had better graphics. What happened to games that blew your mind when you played it. Consumers are making the market too easy on these companies, it will never happen but we need to stop buying trash and support the smaller devs that put time into their product. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only thing wrong with GRAW are the maps. They are way too small and made in a way that takes the Ghost element out of GHOST Recon.

I'd still much rather GR2 and Summit Strike over GRAW.

D4rk50ul808
04-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Me too, but a lot of the maps from those two made it into the DLC for GRAW2. I am just shocked at the different levels of attention the two get. 4 DLC packs totally 52 maps, some new some old. Vegas 2 will probably get 2 packs, full of reused maps just like the title has. None of the bugs will be fixed, I know this from playing Vegas 1 for a very long time. It's one thing to put out broken product, it's a totally different thing when you have no intention of fixing it.

mambonuts
04-15-2008, 06:40 AM

Well, that statement has to be one of the stupidest responses I've ever read.

J_W_Creasy
04-15-2008, 07:37 AM
Heck i've been playing this game for like 5 days now... and although i keep playing it... i just can't get hooked... call of duty is way better... I played on rainbox six 3 on the xbox... the first xbox! and it looked and played much better than this one... the guns don't look like guns... call of duty may get a lot of stick for the online **** connections that you sometimes may find... but i'd rather put up with half an hour of host endings than play on vegas! I'm gonna keep on trying... try and get into it... but i'm affraid it seems very unlikely that i'll be still playing next week... (what ever happens... GTA will kill all games that are already out ^^... we all know it will...)

Trevak__Dal
04-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Hmm. I just actually got to play online for the first time yester day (though I have earned/mined up to elite offline-did the last 1000 XP on a Casual TH binge)

I had similar situations as number one. Didn't really bother me, because for the longest time in Vegas 1, I was on the other side of the equation-I know the tricks, and the loop holes. most Hosts will ban explosives, and any percieved noob weapons (usually the XM, and other variences)

They often ban the GPS device...however the leave the radar jammer unrestricted. That's unfortunate for them, cause I spam that **** like a broke pimp with only one hoe. Many people subconsciously use the 'radar' (oddly enough, an almost appropriate description of the mapping feature-when you or an ally see an enemy, they are relayed to the map, similar to radar waves (in this case, your line of sight) bouncing off of an object, where as the 'radar' in say, Halo, is actually a motion tracker))

So when it goes all fuzzy, they get distracted. Plus, I see people still trying to pop and shoot-and apperantly not many people know about the uh..."feature" (*cough*glitch) where you can 'reload cancle'. I just did to the would be pop-and-shooters what I did to them in vegas 1-attack to the direction of what they were in cover against.

I acutally had a host (attempting) to use the XM on me, I kept breaking past his woeful attempts at spawn camping.

I was proud.

I got all sorts of hell for being an elite, and not getting a ****-ton of kills more than I did. I'm not like that Cletus Vader guy over at Gamefaqs, I don't rub it in anybody's face-and I don't make any claims as to my greatness. I told them as such: "Uh, I never said I was any good" they said I was as no good glitcher.

I was like "And does me having this rank, and acheivement automatically make me a better person than you?"

They said no. **** no even. I concured, and stated that all I wanted, was to have my custom camo to screw with (btw, it's awesome how you can change your total loadout on the fly after your die), and since we agreed that rank does not matter nor pertain to any skill, that they should just launch the game.

I made five friends yesterday.

enfee
04-15-2008, 10:14 AM
guys i must say only one thing: console version sucks
try it on pc and you will see what the hell is really going on...seeya

Rakkoon
04-15-2008, 11:15 AM
EA is making almost every object in Bad Company destructible, and those graphics are fantastic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That would be DICE's work, not EA, and they use a separate engine (Frostbite, if I'm not mistaken) for the destructible environments on top of/next to UE3.
Not that I don't agree, but you can't compare the two without the distinction...

REV1Z
04-15-2008, 11:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J_W_Creasy:
Heck i've been playing this game for like 5 days now... and although i keep playing it... i just can't get hooked... call of duty is way better... I played on rainbox six 3 on the xbox... the first xbox! and it looked and played much better than this one... the guns don't look like guns... call of duty may get a lot of stick for the online **** connections that you sometimes may find... but i'd rather put up with half an hour of host endings than play on vegas! I'm gonna keep on trying... try and get into it... but i'm affraid it seems very unlikely that i'll be still playing next week... (what ever happens... GTA will kill all games that are already out ^^... we all know it will...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rainbow 6 3 was the last of the great series even for the xbox which they dumbed down abit to appeal to the consolers.

shabazz5th
04-15-2008, 01:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSV2POS:
Just three? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Mackie1967
04-15-2008, 04:32 PM
ONLY three?? LOL

Legacy_Player
04-15-2008, 04:44 PM
While I don't think RSV 2 is the worst game on the PS3 or 360... I don't think it's the best either. It's ok, in my opinion.

However one thing I really hated was the use of in-game ads...! Didn't like that at all... very lame. Like the one level in single-player where you see the MLG logo every time you turn around. *shakes head* Personally, that takes me right out of the game experience.

We better get used to it though.. in-game ads I think are going to become a new trend.

amazingmarkbert
04-15-2008, 11:38 PM
1. Online playability.
3. Graphics/Buggyness

I hope that haze will not disappoint. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. map control is the name of the game. you might think it just leads to spawn killing but its really the core mechanic of the TDM. if you like random respawns where positioning and tactics don't mean anything, go play halo (not a bad game but quite mindless).

2. actually, the guns are quite different from each other. granted, the differences aren't as blatant as in COD4 but they certainly don't perform in the same manner. a gun that rips people to shreds at close range isn't necessarily the one that will get you precision head shots over longer distances.
by the way, COD4 features one of the stupidest guns i've ever seen in the RPD with control grip... it's an LMG that shoots like a sniper rifle.

3. yea, the graphics could use some work.

in my opinion, bigger gripes about this title are the idiotic match search issues. why does the advanced search's parameters reset when i leave a room (and automatically launch a pointless search to boot)? why do restrictions on items force my personal defaults to permanently change? why is the lag still so bad?

enfee
04-16-2008, 03:20 AM
people...because...consoles arent good. oh yeah, now you know why...pc version of r6v2 is just brilliant!

Sebastian_san
04-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Oh I just encountered framerate stuttering when playing terrorist hunt. It just froze for a sec or so...(PS3 version btw)

Another issue is the voice overs are kinda soft and muffled. I am using 5.1 and voices is coming from rear speakers which is weird. Is this also in R6V1? If it is then its bad...meaning Im facing more issues...

I seriously hope the devs will fix all this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

jon_bravo
04-16-2008, 03:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sebastian_san:
I seriously hope the devs will fix all this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they didnt fix the last vegas and yet again deliver us with a beta version of the game so goodluck hoping

HarlequinK
04-16-2008, 05:22 AM
PC fanboy. Must be nice to have $2500 of mommy's money to spend on hardware to run a game as pretty as a $400 console runs it. Who's laughing now Timmy?

fastharry
04-16-2008, 05:43 AM
Three reasons why Vegas 2 sucks?...

Easy....

<LI>UBISOFT

<LI>UBISOFT

<LI>UBISOFT

Here's a toast to UBISOFT going out of business...

Sebastian_san
04-16-2008, 08:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jon_bravo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sebastian_san:
I seriously hope the devs will fix all this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they didnt fix the last vegas and yet again deliver us with a beta version of the game so goodluck hoping </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL, true I honestly need luck for hoping this game get fixed. But I seriously am looking for a ray of light too. LOL...

AntiPersonnel
04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> www.redstorm.com: (http://www.redstorm.com:) they're still very much alive & well. It would serve Ubisoft to give R6 back to them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as far as i know, that Red Storm is not the same Red Storm who brought you Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon. the key players behind those original revolutionary titles have left the RSE team when Ubi bought it out.

just as Rainbow is no longer the Rainbow we knew, Red Storm is no longer the RSE we knew.

Ubi simply bought all the names and have turned them all into something completely different to suit their own financial gain.

just an FYI

i honestly think a Rainbow game made by the Current RSE team will not satisfy all the people here who are upset at the way things have gone.

lets not forget that RSE is responsible for Lockdown.

i have pretty much hated every single game i played that RSE has made ever since the original team disbanded, which includes Lockdown, GRAW, GRAW2 and Americas Army. and i would really NOT like to see R6 to go back to RSE for development.

at the same time, i REALLLLY dont want Montreal to do another R6 EVER.

the only way this series could ever be revived from its current state of disgrace is if it was licensed out to a 3rd party development house that is competent and knows what they are doing.

on a related note, thanks to RROD on my Xbox360 (sent it back for repair), i hooked up my aged PS2 system. i just finished replaying all of the campaigns of Ghost Recon (OGR, Desert Siege, Island Thunder and Jungle Storm) on the PS2, and it is such an incredible game... STILL after all these years. and yet, this is the PS2 version even, which is probably the worst of the versions for any platform, its still miles ahead of its time.

there is no game that exists today that is anything like it.

Dr__Cube
04-16-2008, 10:11 PM
AntiPersonnel is right. The talent behind Red Storm has changed. You cannot expect old school R6 from Red Storm anymore. The people that made that happen have moved on to different jobs at different companies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">PC fanboy. Must be nice to have $2500 of mommy's money to spend on hardware to run a game as pretty as a $400 console runs it. Who's laughing now Timmy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try more like $700-$800, HarlequinK.