PDA

View Full Version : The Patch made it worse

blastomatic1759
04-02-2007, 01:26 AM
so im thinking my damage control guys labor strike , might be fixed by installing the patch , the game went from tolerable , to just horrible. the depth gauge was all wrong , periscope depth at 50 meters ? ( maybe they had a few spare periscopes and alot of duct tape who knows ? ) and im now getting that same CTD , alot of other people are having , when the A key is hit. but oh well , i have hopes for this game , besides the CTD isnt a bad thing , i just start up SH3 .

blastomatic1759
04-02-2007, 01:26 AM
so im thinking my damage control guys labor strike , might be fixed by installing the patch , the game went from tolerable , to just horrible. the depth gauge was all wrong , periscope depth at 50 meters ? ( maybe they had a few spare periscopes and alot of duct tape who knows ? ) and im now getting that same CTD , alot of other people are having , when the A key is hit. but oh well , i have hopes for this game , besides the CTD isnt a bad thing , i just start up SH3 .

Ginkasai
04-02-2007, 01:51 AM
It's not 50 meters, it's 50 feet. Everyone was complaining that everything was metric, so they added imperial units into the patch as the default. (You can switch to metric again if you want under game options)

RedTerex
04-02-2007, 05:38 AM
CTD has been eliminated until the next patch, by altering the code in the data/cfg/commands file.

from

[Cmd145]
Name=Order_maintain_depth
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x41,C,"A"

to
[Cmd145]
Name=Order_maintain_depth
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0x41,C,"A"

place ; in front of key0=0...and this kills the key !

The patch improved SH4 in many ways inc giving Imp or Met measurements as an option.

Binky1st
04-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Something to note here with the periscope depth is the patch makes the game default to imperial not metric measurment so check your options as 50 feet is periscope depth for most of the Subs in the imperial settings.

The damage control team repairs damage far more realisticly than in SH3 so it does take longer to repair critical damge for instance, also dont forget to drag some of you crew and an officer with good leadership skill a into the Damage control team slots on the crew management page or the damage will not get repaired at all.

Hope this helps

zy1980core
04-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Imporved in some made worse in others. The game will crash if your press A key. I shouldnt have to alter files to get the game to work. I never had any graphic problems with the game but since the patch the game will start to lag. Do not tell me i need more ram or my computer sucks because the game ran faster before the patch.

nzag1971
04-02-2007, 04:13 PM
The patch made my game crash before it even loaded the menu screen.

Am still venting for the 50e I paid for a game I can't play.