PDA

View Full Version : Steel Fury Kharkov 1942: Help please with Joystick

taposexo
03-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Hi there,

I got the game Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 some days ago and cant see how to play this game with my x52.

I did try to change settings for my throttle or x/y main stick with the saitek programming software but nothing works.

i.e. acceleration = up slowing down = down (up n down arrows)

I did choose up and down for +/- throttle but it doesnt get recognized ingame.

Anyone was successfull with a x52 to play this game ? I need some tips please and maybe someone has a x52 profile for steel fury.

I was looking for infos 2-3 hours yesterday with google, but could not find any usefull hints unfortunately.

Thx for your help !

taposexo
03-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Hi there,

I got the game Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 some days ago and cant see how to play this game with my x52.

I did try to change settings for my throttle or x/y main stick with the saitek programming software but nothing works.

i.e. acceleration = up slowing down = down (up n down arrows)

I did choose up and down for +/- throttle but it doesnt get recognized ingame.

Anyone was successfull with a x52 to play this game ? I need some tips please and maybe someone has a x52 profile for steel fury.

I was looking for infos 2-3 hours yesterday with google, but could not find any usefull hints unfortunately.

Thx for your help !

danjama
03-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Although i know people here do play the game, maybe you should look for some specific forums?

mortoma
03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
I have never got the game to work well with a joystick. As a matter of fact the only thing that got the game to where I could play it at all is when I disabled the joystick stuff. I play it with the mouse for aiming and it works well indeed using the mouse. Very precise with the mouse. You'll get used to it. Joysticks are more for aircraft control, not normally for moving turrets or guns. The only game I ever had where I got a joystick to work well for guns/turrets was B-17 Flying Fortress II. Why do you think Oleg makes you use a mouse when manning defensive guns/turrets in the IL2 series?

taposexo
03-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Oh i play since almost 5 years online tank sims , joystick is a must and without it is not good..trust me =). I could find some nice settings without z/y/x and control the tank with the hat, turret traverse/gun works with x/y.

My only problem would the use of x/y/z aswell the slider, but seems like nobody has a clue how that works or not many play tank sims online to see how important that is.
Try some of the big ones without joystick i.e. steel beasts or ww2online, hard to get around without one.
Well when i find out more about the issues i will write here.

BTW...my video card memory of my gtx260 doesnt get recognized aswell, playing with 0 memory...seems like the game has a lot of issues.

Thx for the help guys

mortoma
03-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Sure a tank game is better if you can get a joystick to work in it but SF Kharkov 1942 just does not seem to work well with one. I had it act buggy for me when the joystick was activated. The mouse seems to work really well for me, even traversing a turret in azimuth up to the full 180 degrees of rotation. I have no problems sighting in on enemies in either elevation or azimuth using the mouse. And I don't play it online, only offline. I don't even know if SFK-1942 can be played online at all.

If you insist on trying the joystick for gunning, go to their forums at Lighthouse Interactive, if it's still up. Maybe someone there could help you?

danjama
03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma:
The only game I ever had where I got a joystick to work well for guns/turrets was B-17 Flying Fortress II. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Same here man, i thought i was the only one! It was the only way i could get good aim from the gunner positions!

mortoma
03-24-2009, 05:53 PM
I think it was the only way possible. I don't think mouse control was available for the guns. But that was a long time ago so I might be wrong there. What a fun game it was back then if you like that sort of thing. My typical game plan was to go from turret to turret and shoot down Bfs and FWs but when the bomb run started, I'd become the bombardier and blow up factories and oil refineries. It was so cool to look back and see those refineries burning!! Hehe!!!