PDA

View Full Version : Ubi's DRM has been cracked 100%- Remove it from SCC

SilentAce07
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
As most of you probably know, Ubisoft's new PC DRM, currently included in the company's recent releases such as Silent Hunter V and Assassin's Creed II, requires players to have a constant Internet connection so the game can be experienced. The protection system caused a lot of problems for a majority of legit users. The PC edition of Assassin's Creed II hit the market last month and there were various hack attempts, one of which involved a scheme that allowed users to emulate Ubisoft's DRM servers on their computers.
Hacking group known as SKIDROW managed to circumvent Ubisoft's protection completely. There's a cracked version of Assassin's Creed II PC available on torrent sites as of last night, complete with a readme file in which SKIDROW addresses Ubisoft directly:

" Thank you Ubisoft, this was quiete a challenge for us, but nothing stops the leading force from doing what we do. Next time focus on the game and not on the DRM. It was probably horrible for all legit users. We just make their lifes easier. "
There you have it, kids. It took them about a month or so. We all knew this would happen.
Thanks Vodoo for the heads-up.

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/...ws.phtml?id=042210_2 (http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=042210_2)

It has been confirmed that this crack is 100%, even including Uplay Achievements. This crack is brand new and circumvents the DRM.

So here's the real question: Why apply the DRM now? The same DRM is being applied to Splinter Cell and its only going to make legit users' have to go through the hassle of being online just to play. This is completely stupid at this point.

I understand that piracy is a problem but this truly doesnt help anymore. As of 2 days ago, this DRM is completely ineffective.

Can we please get a DRM removal from SCC?

SilentAce07
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As most of you probably know, Ubisoft's new PC DRM, currently included in the company's recent releases such as Silent Hunter V and Assassin's Creed II, requires players to have a constant Internet connection so the game can be experienced. The protection system caused a lot of problems for a majority of legit users. The PC edition of Assassin's Creed II hit the market last month and there were various hack attempts, one of which involved a scheme that allowed users to emulate Ubisoft's DRM servers on their computers.
Hacking group known as SKIDROW managed to circumvent Ubisoft's protection completely. There's a cracked version of Assassin's Creed II PC available on torrent sites as of last night, complete with a readme file in which SKIDROW addresses Ubisoft directly:

" Thank you Ubisoft, this was quiete a challenge for us, but nothing stops the leading force from doing what we do. Next time focus on the game and not on the DRM. It was probably horrible for all legit users. We just make their lifes easier. "
There you have it, kids. It took them about a month or so. We all knew this would happen.
Thanks Vodoo for the heads-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/...ws.phtml?id=042210_2 (http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=042210_2)

It has been confirmed that this crack is 100%, even including Uplay Achievements. This crack is brand new and circumvents the DRM.

So here's the real question: Why apply the DRM now? The same DRM is being applied to Splinter Cell and its only going to make legit users' have to go through the hassle of being online just to play. This is completely stupid at this point.

I understand that piracy is a problem but this truly doesnt help anymore. As of 2 days ago, this DRM is completely ineffective.

Can we please get a DRM removal from SCC?

mateus99
04-23-2010, 11:31 AM
well i guess a lot pc gamers will get it cracked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif since it has even uplay achievments ,and yes its stupid, 99% of pc gamers complain about the drm so pc sales will go very down, so ubisoft please remove the drm http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif ( its preety uselles)

RMJ1984
04-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Amen to that, anything else would be completely stupid.

We are back again at a concept so basic Ubisofts should be able to fathom it, Pirate copy better than legit copy, if they dont remove the DRM asap..

But something the lights are on, but nobody is behind the wheel, case and point Ubisoft.

Versus-Mroj
04-23-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL idiots... This is only for homies...

StarForce rulez! :P

Wahadinho
04-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Ummm not! Encryption differs in all three DRM games, SCC include... Look at Settlers 7, pain in the *** for hackers for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

doxos77
04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
I donīt mind to register a copy of a game online but having to be online everytime I want to play singleplayer of my game thatīs just wrong.

Limerick_
04-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Ubi knows eventually it will get cracked, no secret, its getting the money they earned in the beginning will make sure that we are all playing fair.

simple if you dont like the DRM, and/ or want to play it on say a laptop out in the mountains, just give it w hile and it will have a crack, but that doesnt mean you should pirate the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Versus-Mroj:
LOL idiots... This is only for homies...

StarForce rulez! :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

starforce killed people's CD-ROM's and i think i was a victim too. Could have been burned out but i honestly didnt use it that much.

YtseJammer69
04-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Oh, the irony..Looks like Ubisoft is getting their jsut deserts.

adarwinter
04-25-2010, 04:26 AM
as limerick said - the point of the DRM is to keep the pirates off the game for as long as possible. not forever.

it's been a couple of weeks now and no SCC crack yet so for now - it's doing it's job. everyday that passes ppl buy that game instead of DLing it so UBI is getting paid.
no every pirate will buy an uncracked game like this but some do so the DRM helps them for now.

it will be cracked in a few weeks once the crackers get all the values and missing data from a finished version of the game so by then - more buyer will pay UBI and the company will profit.

SilentAce07
04-25-2010, 06:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adarwinter:
as limerick said - the point of the DRM is to keep the pirates off the game for as long as possible. not forever.

it's been a couple of weeks now and no SCC crack yet so for now - it's doing it's job. everyday that passes ppl buy that game instead of DLing it so UBI is getting paid.
no every pirate will buy an uncracked game like this but some do so the DRM helps them for now.

it will be cracked in a few weeks once the crackers get all the values and missing data from a finished version of the game so by then - more buyer will pay UBI and the company will profit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been a couple weeks? It hasnt even been released yet for pc.

Oh, and by this logic, Ubi should remove the DRM after a set period of time, right?

Limerick_
04-25-2010, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Been a couple weeks? It hasnt even been released yet for pc.

Oh, and by this logic, Ubi should remove the DRM after a set period of time, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DRM isnt removed by the developers or publishers, except in rare cases. IIRC starforce or a similar DRM was removed from certain versions of SC:CT.

SilentAce07
04-25-2010, 02:11 PM
DRM doesnt limit people to not be able to play without being connected to the internet except in rare cases.

AbsentOfMind
04-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Dudes, don't ya know?
Ubi:"This DRM is uncrackable, every person who thinks they are playing is delusional. We made this, so it MUST be perfect, now shut the h-e-double-hockey-sticks up and cough up our money."
dumb****s at Ubi- they're killing their own business.

Ushie.
04-25-2010, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SilentAce07:
DRM doesnt limit people to not be able to play without being connected to the internet except in rare cases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

then this must be a rare case because in stores, it says on the front of the SCC package "must have a permanentinternet connection" or something similar

SilentAce07
04-25-2010, 10:56 PM
You misunderstood. I was saying the fact that Ubi restricts us like that way is something rare and that it would make sense to remove that part of the DRM once its cracked.

BountDoom
04-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Don't its gonna happen though.

Mr_Shade
04-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Even if there is a working 'crack' for one title - each is coded slightly differently, so I'm sorry to say, there is little chance that it will be removed, due to AC2 being potentially cracked..

It maybe removed at a later date, should the need arise though, as stated by Ubisoft in the past, eg, they need to take down the servers due to age etc.

Having used all of the games currently using it, I have to say it is fairly painless...

Assuming of course you have an internet connection.

SilentAce07
04-26-2010, 02:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Even if there is a working 'crack' for one title - each is coded slightly differently, so I'm sorry to say, there is little chance that it will be removed, due to AC2 being potentially cracked..

It maybe removed at a later date, should the need arise though, as stated by Ubisoft in the past, eg, they need to take down the servers due to age etc.

Having used all of the games currently using it, I have to say it is fairly painless...

Assuming of course you have an internet connection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its slightly different but I'm sure it will be cracked faster than AC2 was.

And yes, its painless most of the time. However, the principle is what is really wrong here. But this argument has been made a 1000 times, so I wont make it here. I sincerely hope the DRM is removed after a certain amount of time though.

Onyxious
04-07-2011, 02:24 AM
Wasted 40 dollars buying this game TWICE.

Still doesn't work thanks to the DRM.

vivz_kestrel
04-07-2011, 10:19 AM
HAHAHA,
INSURGENCY IS STILL NOT CRACKED
!!!!ANY EXPLANATIONS???HAWX2 IS NOT CRACKED!!!ANY EXPLANATIONS???