PDA

View Full Version : Cant Go Up or Down Manhole - SC 1 (Chinese Embassy Part 1)

insane511
02-02-2007, 02:38 PM
hey everybody...im hoping this can be solved soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

in Splinter Cell 1, I'm on the Chinese Embassy level on my XBox. I've gotten up to the part in the sewers where you jump up and grab the ladder in the manhole and go up (the end of the sewers basically). The problem is, when i jump on (with Y), i can only go up and down on it, but i cant actually get off or go thru the manhole-top-thing thats over it. pressing up repeatedly doesnt help, nor does the A button. The only thing i can do is press the Y button, which makes me just jump all the way down. I cant even climb to the end and press down; that doesnt work either.

I found a post similar to this, except in my case it is neccessary that i get thru this manhole, and also i need to go up and not down. If i go down, its a dead end. When i climbed to the top, i couldnt open it, trying to go up would do nothing, same with the A button...im not sure this has happened before...then i went back down and realized i couldnt get off either, to get off i had to jump with Y. is there a way to fix this? hopefully i can get an answer soon because i have to turn off the XBox wheater i finish it or not by 5:15 or so..the other post is about PT but i guess its the same problem.

"I just got PT, and have finished the first mission. I'm now in the subway tunnel. I know that I need to go down the ladder, and then go on. However, and here comes the stupid part. When I climb down the ladder I get stuck at the bottom. I cant go down anymore, I cant jump off. Nothing seems to work except climbing back up. The only way I can get down is to skip the ladder, fall and lose half my life. What am I doing wrong here? I feel so lame."

The URL to the post is ttp://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954105331/m/597108913?r=597108913#597108913, but for an answer please post here (im gonna put on Email notification)

Thanks in advanced,
Insane

insane511
02-02-2007, 02:38 PM
hey everybody...im hoping this can be solved soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

in Splinter Cell 1, I'm on the Chinese Embassy level on my XBox. I've gotten up to the part in the sewers where you jump up and grab the ladder in the manhole and go up (the end of the sewers basically). The problem is, when i jump on (with Y), i can only go up and down on it, but i cant actually get off or go thru the manhole-top-thing thats over it. pressing up repeatedly doesnt help, nor does the A button. The only thing i can do is press the Y button, which makes me just jump all the way down. I cant even climb to the end and press down; that doesnt work either.

I found a post similar to this, except in my case it is neccessary that i get thru this manhole, and also i need to go up and not down. If i go down, its a dead end. When i climbed to the top, i couldnt open it, trying to go up would do nothing, same with the A button...im not sure this has happened before...then i went back down and realized i couldnt get off either, to get off i had to jump with Y. is there a way to fix this? hopefully i can get an answer soon because i have to turn off the XBox wheater i finish it or not by 5:15 or so..the other post is about PT but i guess its the same problem.

"I just got PT, and have finished the first mission. I'm now in the subway tunnel. I know that I need to go down the ladder, and then go on. However, and here comes the stupid part. When I climb down the ladder I get stuck at the bottom. I cant go down anymore, I cant jump off. Nothing seems to work except climbing back up. The only way I can get down is to skip the ladder, fall and lose half my life. What am I doing wrong here? I feel so lame."

The URL to the post is ttp://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954105331/m/597108913?r=597108913#597108913, but for an answer please post here (im gonna put on Email notification)

Thanks in advanced,
Insane

jzorro
02-06-2007, 12:10 AM
There are several ladders with manholes in the sewers under the Chineese Embasy. Some can be used to climb up and wait for a guard to pass below and drop on him for a KO if you want, but only one leads to the surface. It is not covered and you see the sky. Try another one.