PDA

View Full Version : Bdu Reports...question

RulezRulez
03-29-2005, 09:08 AM
hi, need to ask something

1. some radio reports are too brief...like CONVOY IN GRID AM MOOVING SSE...too big area to look in...how can I find them then ??

but
2. when I recieved a report of a warship it was very accurate ... with longitude and latitude...but then I found out than I dont know how to find it on a map course there is no tool for finding long. and lat. Not possible to play on realistic setting then...is it?? I will never find anything

3. Just a off topic question...does ANYONE no when I´m pinged by a destroyer...when is the time he nows my position ?? When I hear the ping...is that it ?? I have never ever seen any info on that...

Tikigod78
03-29-2005, 12:44 PM
1) After you get a convoy report or announcement you use your radio man to give you conact updates with the cradio contact update option. Its the one that usually says there is no radio contact when you usually press it. it only works when convoys are announced.

2) I have never seen latitude and longitude. I have only seen coordintes by sector location, bearing, and distance.

3) Sonar man will tell you you have been pinged. He will also tell you when you have been detected. How he knows this...I'm not sure.

PoleDoctor
03-29-2005, 02:24 PM
As RulezRulez, I received a radio message indicating a warship 4?51E, 67?12N, with course and speed. Good place to be with a full load of torpedoes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But no tool to plot coordinates on the map ???
I find it odd the navigation map doesn't show latitude nor longitude.
OK, the paper map that comes with the game shows latitude and longitude, but I can't believe this is the way to plot coordinates http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Maybe this feature is implemented in the game (I guess this is) but it's not been 'activated' or so. Maybe this can be corrected in a future patch.
Anyway, these radio reports are thrilling !