PDA

View Full Version : Show Furious 4 to WWII Vets, Gearbox!!

FuriousFAILURE
06-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Please, this game is a monstrous mistake beyond words!!!! In one quick announcement you have undone all the great work you did for getting people the right respect for WWII. Now you have disgraced veterans and dishonored them in a way I thought no video game could.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I am a LONG time fan, having joined this site long ago about a year prior to the first BiA game's release. My name back then on these forums was schlagermeister, and I even annoyed the hell out of my friends telling them so often the updates about Road to Hill 30 and how great it was gonna be. Now this.....

Seriously though, you should get a room full of at least 20-30 WWII veterans and show them the trailer for this game and watch it with them. First off, I doubt you'd be able to make it out of the room alive!! They'd likely be reaching for their .45 automatics they thought they'd never use again and haven't since 1945. Secondly, assuming you'd survive the incounter, I think that might actually wake you up to what you are doing. I doubt you'd be able to live with yourselves watching that in the prescence of great men.

Imagine [Richard] Winters seeing this. If he weren't one of the greatest men to ever live, he'd probably have risen from his grave by now to hunt you down. Same with Audie Murphy, John Basilone, and Robert Cole. For shame, gearbox, for shame. I mean, really? Tomahawks? Is this CoD Black Ops all of a sudden? No, it's much worse--branding people with a Texas-shaped iron. You have also disgraced German veterans alike. I can't believe what you've done.

You still have a chance to redeem yourselves: cancel this game!!!!! If anything, do it for the money--look at how terrible your Duke Nukem game is, getting 3.0/10 ratings and such. I can't imagine that is very profitable. This game certainly isn't going to do much better.

*Edit--sheesh, even Winters' first name is edited out on this forum!

FuriousFAILURE
06-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Please, this game is a monstrous mistake beyond words!!!! In one quick announcement you have undone all the great work you did for getting people the right respect for WWII. Now you have disgraced veterans and dishonored them in a way I thought no video game could.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I am a LONG time fan, having joined this site long ago about a year prior to the first BiA game's release. My name back then on these forums was schlagermeister, and I even annoyed the hell out of my friends telling them so often the updates about Road to Hill 30 and how great it was gonna be. Now this.....

Seriously though, you should get a room full of at least 20-30 WWII veterans and show them the trailer for this game and watch it with them. First off, I doubt you'd be able to make it out of the room alive!! They'd likely be reaching for their .45 automatics they thought they'd never use again and haven't since 1945. Secondly, assuming you'd survive the incounter, I think that might actually wake you up to what you are doing. I doubt you'd be able to live with yourselves watching that in the prescence of great men.

Imagine [Richard] Winters seeing this. If he weren't one of the greatest men to ever live, he'd probably have risen from his grave by now to hunt you down. Same with Audie Murphy, John Basilone, and Robert Cole. For shame, gearbox, for shame. I mean, really? Tomahawks? Is this CoD Black Ops all of a sudden? No, it's much worse--branding people with a Texas-shaped iron. You have also disgraced German veterans alike. I can't believe what you've done.

You still have a chance to redeem yourselves: cancel this game!!!!! If anything, do it for the money--look at how terrible your Duke Nukem game is, getting 3.0/10 ratings and such. I can't imagine that is very profitable. This game certainly isn't going to do much better.

*Edit--sheesh, even Winters' first name is edited out on this forum!

AMuppetMatt
06-23-2011, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sheesh, even Winters' first name is edited out on this forum! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is ironic seeing as this is the forum of a game that shows horrific violence and insensitivity to one of the most important events and people in history.

You can make this sort of game about zombies.
You can make this sort of game about fictional events.
You can NOT make this game about WW2 and real people. Maybe the next release will be a complete game about 9/11 with cartoon graphics and hilarious gore as people jump out of the windows of tower number 1? How about that time the Muslim terrorist stepped into tower 2 with a machete, screamed "Allah!" and decapitated a pregnant woman before removing his left testicle.

I think there's a great market for Holocaust games in the place of the Nazi's. The level up system is great, level one you just order them into the showers, but in the end you can do combo kills with a baseball bat! Starving Jew skull smashing is fun...

For the love of whatever deity you believe in and any possible deity out there pull this game or risk causing the worst disrespect. Please

abliveator
06-29-2011, 02:01 PM
well the only way you cud do what they did in the trailer was if the germans were r.e.t.a.rds
and u were seriously cocky

oscar.thedog
08-26-2011, 06:36 PM
I totally agree with what FuriousFAILURE and AMuppetMatt say.

I have no more to say

Black_Widow9
08-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Please post your Feedback here-
Brothers in Arms: Furious 4 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7241006264/m/4711044929)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>