PDA

View Full Version : another patch problem

BlacK-HawK47
04-03-2005, 01:49 AM
i cant update my version at 12% overal it says:

invalid patch file 'C:\documens and settings\hawk\locals\temp\byec.tmp\disk1\patch\SC3 patch.rtp

anybody got this to?

BlacK-HawK47
04-03-2005, 01:49 AM
i cant update my version at 12% overal it says:

invalid patch file 'C:\documens and settings\hawk\locals\temp\byec.tmp\disk1\patch\SC3 patch.rtp

anybody got this to?

S.a.S-Mosar
04-03-2005, 10:30 AM
I assume this is Euro patch. Yep, I have the same problem too. Thats basically bye bye to Coop and SvM untill some one finds a fix for this or new patch that doesn't need the old one installed comes out and works.

I tried many things to make it work. I tried to installing the game again, tried loading the patch from different places, tried autoupdater, tried install the patch right away after fresh install, tried installing after playing the game a bit, tried to install in safe mode and tried to shut down the backround prosess of the patching program. None of these things helped.

SO HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, if anyone clever enough has found solution to this.

BlacK-HawK47
04-03-2005, 11:56 AM
yes its the euro patch, i think wed just have to wait till a 1.02 comes out or something

btw i had 2 copys of scct, the 1st one had a problem witch sayd the dynamic pc file didnt work

traded it for a new one (to bad for the cover cus the 1st coverr of scct looked better then this one, its full of finger prints, yuck)
and it sayd what i got now

btw this might sound weird, but im glad im not the onlky one with this prob

il keep trying to update it and il post it if it works finaly, if i dont youl know it didnt workm what ever i tried

BlacK-HawK47
04-04-2005, 12:32 PM
*bump*

formating the comp doesnt work at all....

piNkified
04-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Same problem here. Or, not for me, but my friend is having a hard time to. We bought the game yesterday (at the same time) and we longed to play Coop mode. Thing is, he gets the patch error and I don't. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif kind of dissapointing.

BlacK-HawK47
04-06-2005, 09:24 AM
waited almost a year for this game, i ride home on my bike so happy i got one of the last copys they had in stock, installed it, tried to patch, and a stupid error comes up, bring it back to the store, i got a new one tried to update that one and still the update works like ****

ubi next time you release a game plz do it on 2cds, the smallest scratch on the disk is unreadable for the dvdrom drive, this might also be the problem why we cant patch, plz check your cd... i knowe mine has a scratch