PDA

View Full Version : Infiltration: St. Petersburg Banya

ZippoGk
04-18-2010, 10:50 AM
%$#!* Has anyone beaten the part with the lasers in the mansion and a schload of guards in the courtyard?? I can zip through the mansion easily, but I just squandered 2 hours of my life trying to get past the 5-7 remaining guards in the courtyard. Tried everything, including sneaking up on each from behind. There were only two guards left on my last attempt, but naturally as I grabbed one of them I was heard. ALARM! FAIL! Totally aggravating because:

1. I'm playing on what is supposedly the EASY level.

2. THERE'S NO SAVE IN INFILTRATION -- NONE! What is this, Atari?! I already spent about an hour on the first two areas and I can't save and continue the hardest part for later? Come on, Ubisoft! Consider the casual gamer! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

ZippoGk
04-18-2010, 10:50 AM
%$#!* Has anyone beaten the part with the lasers in the mansion and a schload of guards in the courtyard?? I can zip through the mansion easily, but I just squandered 2 hours of my life trying to get past the 5-7 remaining guards in the courtyard. Tried everything, including sneaking up on each from behind. There were only two guards left on my last attempt, but naturally as I grabbed one of them I was heard. ALARM! FAIL! Totally aggravating because:

1. I'm playing on what is supposedly the EASY level.

2. THERE'S NO SAVE IN INFILTRATION -- NONE! What is this, Atari?! I already spent about an hour on the first two areas and I can't save and continue the hardest part for later? Come on, Ubisoft! Consider the casual gamer! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

xXassassinXx92
04-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Sounds like you should stick to Hunter.

Rhett820
04-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Beat it lastnight on Realistic, wasn't too bad. We (it was coop) picked them off one by one without marking, as they got closer, with headshots.

That part of the level is pretty annoying, though. Especially if they're alerted.

Since enemy spawns are random (between maybe 4 "sets"), I can't really say much more besides taking headshots isn't bad. You can pick them off while they're under a light, just don't do it infront of another enemy unless you kill him too (execute, or a quick headshot).

ZippoGk
04-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Thx Rhett

XxCH0NGxX
04-18-2010, 11:52 AM
The best way to get through these easily and quickly is to first thin the herd. Bring their numbers down, so you can either execute the rest on your own with Five Seven(4marks) or you and your teamate can execute with the Five Seven, that's 8marks between both of you. Tricky part is to make sure none of them drop in front of a camera.

Always try to grab one so you have the marks to use in case you need them. It is handy when you make a mistake and **** is about to hit the fan. It's saved my *** more than once and prevented me from having to start over.

poirot99
04-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Yes, as long as you wait until they're alone, it's pretty easy to take everyone out with a headshot. As long as you stay behind cover, the other guards will search for you but won't raise the alarm.

Deniable Ops definitely needs some way to save your progress though. It's ideal for jumping in and playing a quick game, but not everyone has time to go through all the sections in one sitting. If nothing else, the game should at least store your checkpoints.

ZippoGk
04-18-2010, 12:12 PM
EUREKA, CHECKPOINTS! Like Poirot said, Ubisoft! Thanks man.

Good advice CHONG. I think I've gotten into a rut with the standard issue pistols; never really gave the 5-7 a chance. Will try again tonight (after my divorce).

WombatOfDread
04-18-2010, 01:18 PM
I still haven't got passed the 2nd stage of that level due to teamates who still dont know there are lazers :/

KRANT0S
04-18-2010, 11:51 PM
lol. I must say the lasers threw me off when I first saw them, for a couple seconds at least. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SilencedScream0
04-18-2010, 11:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZippoGk:
Come on, Ubisoft! Consider the casual gamer! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I laughed my *** off at this statement.

I thought that was the whole point of Conviction.
I mean, wasn't Beland's thing that the past games were too "hardcore" and that needed to be changed?

Conviction is TOTALLY for the casual gamer. Which is why so many of the past fans feel partially or totally stood up by Ubi.

KRANT0S
04-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Which is why I appreciated infiltration so much. I have a blast with it, but when I explained it to the one friend I was able to rope into trying conviction, he said it didn't sound like any fun at all.

I will note that all my friends mostly play games like Call of Duty and Gears of War. *sigh*

Well at least the one will play Hunter, even if I haven't talked him into Face-off yet.

DeafAtheist
04-19-2010, 12:29 AM
I agree with the stored checkpoints for the easier levels but not Realistic. I think one should have to go thru the entire map without a single fail on Realistic, not just get respawned at the last checkpoint. We need some real challenges for the harder difficulty.

Oh and my strategy with the lasers is dragging a hostage thru them. In the St. Petersburg map I go up the pipe then up the stairs to the top floor and thin out the herd up there as well as shoot out the camera. When I'm down to 1 guy up there I grab him and drag him past the lasers to the other side then put him down and proceed to take out the remaining guys in the 1st area. I've not yet played any of the other maps on Infiltration yet, and I haven't beaten St. Petersburg yet either although going at it solo I did get to the final courtyard before I got detected. I think I was playing it on Normal. I typically like to play on Normal first to get a feel for the maps before playing on Realistic.

stavros_27
04-19-2010, 12:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We need some real challenges for the harder difficulty.

Oh and my strategy with the lasers is dragging a hostage thru them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say that you want real challenges, then point out that you drag a guard with you to avoid having to get past the lasers on your own. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

DeafAtheist
04-19-2010, 12:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stavros_27:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We need some real challenges for the harder difficulty.

Oh and my strategy with the lasers is dragging a hostage thru them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say that you want real challenges, then point out that you drag a guard with you to avoid having to get past the lasers on your own. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still a challenge. You gotta thin out the herd without tripping any lasers or getting their attention. If avoiding lasers this greatly restricts your movements. Then you gotta try to get the guard close enough to take him down without being detected in order to lure him thru and hope guards from downstairs don't come up and catch you dragging their buddy around. Then once past the lasers you gotta put the hostage down to focus on the remaining enemies. If the enemies move back to the other side you gotta get thru the lasers on your own to stalk them down since unlike Chaos Theory we can't pick up a dead or unconscious guard and carry him thru lasers. So it's not necessarily any easier to do it that way... it's simply one strategy for getting thru them.