PDA

View Full Version : UMP POLAR BASE: Ready for Download.

Zedblade
01-09-2006, 07:18 PM
<span class="ev_code_BROWN">We all know that UBI dropped the ball on this one. Waiting 6 months to release a buggy, (some say) unbalanced garbage of a map. Well, thankfully they included the MapED file, other wise we would have been left with nothing better and would have to deal with it.

Anyway, I've completed the first version of UMP Polar Base. What follows are the bugs and issues that I've dealt with. I would like you to read over them, and see if you agree or disagree on them. Also, I would like for any bugs or issues not listed to be given to me, so I can consider it in the newest version. When all is said and done, I'll release it in this thread.

I'm mainly focusing on small balance changes and bug fixes. I don't want to drastically alter the level. I believe its not as balanced as it should be. It forces aggro, and no map should force a playstyle. But thats my opinion. Anyway on with whats fixed now.</span>

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Final Changes</span>

1. Fixed the Grab bug, its possible to snap and knock out.

2. Fixed the ladder bug, some ladders would make the spy get into a endless cycle of grabbing the ladder.

3. Fixed all the lasers. The lasers were all FUBARed. Some set off the wrong thing, others didn't set off anything and yet others didn't have a name. A list of the lasers changes:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> 1. The container laser in the little hole, didn't lock container but locked Hanger. It now locks container and not hanger
<LI>2. The Alarms in Hanger were not named, displaying Unamed alarm has been triggered. They are now named Hanger.
<LI>3. The Lasers in the disk hut set off hanger and container, but didn't lock the disk. They now leave hanger and container alone, but lock the disk.
[/list]

4. Change the hack in spy spawn, from 6 seconds to 3.

5. Lowered the hand-over-hand pipe from spawn to the drill tower, so it can be grabbed easier.

7. There are a total of 8 healthboxes. That is just insane, and just proves that UBI made this map with DM in mind. I've dropped that number from 8 to 3. The size of the map still makes it easy as pie to get to any health box, but now you can use a poisen mine with some effect.

8. Moved the metal cabinet in the spy's spawn to right in front of the window so the mercs can't nade the spawn.

9. Replaced the original snow texture with my own, that displays footprints for both mercs and spies. When the spies or mercs run on it, it makes a loud crunch sound, like that of snow. However, when a spy crouch walks on it, it doesn't make any sound, but still leaves footprints.

10. Fixed some GE errors.

11. Added the MT Fix.

Mirror 1: Filefront. (http://files.filefront.com/UMP_Polar_Base/;4600995;;/fileinfo.html)

<span class="ev_code_RED">You must the original Polar Base installed for this to work.</span>

<span class="ev_code_brown">Any suggestions and opinons on those items are welcomed. And if anyone knows of any other bugs, please let me know. I believe that UBI rushed this map out of the door, without testing it in anyway. If it was tested, these things would have come up. In less then a day, we figured this all out and in less then a day they were fixed. Its pethatic.</span>

Zedblade
01-09-2006, 07:18 PM
<span class="ev_code_BROWN">We all know that UBI dropped the ball on this one. Waiting 6 months to release a buggy, (some say) unbalanced garbage of a map. Well, thankfully they included the MapED file, other wise we would have been left with nothing better and would have to deal with it.

Anyway, I've completed the first version of UMP Polar Base. What follows are the bugs and issues that I've dealt with. I would like you to read over them, and see if you agree or disagree on them. Also, I would like for any bugs or issues not listed to be given to me, so I can consider it in the newest version. When all is said and done, I'll release it in this thread.

I'm mainly focusing on small balance changes and bug fixes. I don't want to drastically alter the level. I believe its not as balanced as it should be. It forces aggro, and no map should force a playstyle. But thats my opinion. Anyway on with whats fixed now.</span>

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Final Changes</span>

2. Fixed the ladder bug, some ladders would make the spy get into a endless cycle of grabbing the ladder.

3. Fixed all the lasers. The lasers were all FUBARed. Some set off the wrong thing, others didn't set off anything and yet others didn't have a name. A list of the lasers changes:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> 1. The container laser in the little hole, didn't lock container but locked Hanger. It now locks container and not hanger
<LI>2. The Alarms in Hanger were not named, displaying Unamed alarm has been triggered. They are now named Hanger.
<LI>3. The Lasers in the disk hut set off hanger and container, but didn't lock the disk. They now leave hanger and container alone, but lock the disk.
[/list]

5. Lowered the hand-over-hand pipe from spawn to the drill tower, so it can be grabbed easier.

7. There are a total of 8 healthboxes. That is just insane, and just proves that UBI made this map with DM in mind. I've dropped that number from 8 to 3. The size of the map still makes it easy as pie to get to any health box, but now you can use a poisen mine with some effect.

8. Moved the metal cabinet in the spy's spawn to right in front of the window so the mercs can't nade the spawn.

9. Replaced the original snow texture with my own, that displays footprints for both mercs and spies. When the spies or mercs run on it, it makes a loud crunch sound, like that of snow. However, when a spy crouch walks on it, it doesn't make any sound, but still leaves footprints.

11. Added the MT Fix.

Mirror 1: Filefront. (http://files.filefront.com/UMP_Polar_Base/;4600995;;/fileinfo.html)

<span class="ev_code_RED">You must the original Polar Base installed for this to work.</span>

<span class="ev_code_brown">Any suggestions and opinons on those items are welcomed. And if anyone knows of any other bugs, please let me know. I believe that UBI rushed this map out of the door, without testing it in anyway. If it was tested, these things would have come up. In less then a day, we figured this all out and in less then a day they were fixed. Its pethatic.</span>

HeyBlinkin.
01-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Nice, and all of this was done within how much time? 2 days compared to a pitiful six monthes?

EdisLeado
01-09-2006, 07:37 PM
The only problem I found with it was that some alarms didn't have names. And I think you fixed that. Heheh, GJ -- Make another skill video, btw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Haha.

Raz0rx_
01-09-2006, 08:27 PM
I thought the hack at the start was good.
As it gives the mercs a little time to get down from their little balcony and place their traps (or at least one).

EDIT: What about lowering that camnet camera so Mercs can't quite see where spies go from spawn?

C.A.T.ops_v2.0
01-09-2006, 08:54 PM
I would lower the hack time on generators to 25 seconds. Whenever I play it always seems to get down to about 4 or 5 seconds before the mercs get it. =/ That would be my only suggestion.

Zedblade
01-09-2006, 08:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raz0rx_:
I thought the hack at the start was good.
As it gives the mercs a little time to get down from their little balcony and place their traps (or at least one).

EDIT: What about lowering that camnet camera so Mercs can't quite see where spies go from spawn? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your not the first to say that about camnet. I'm considering it, but I don't see how it can be that overpowering. Of course, thats mainly becuase I don't use camnet. I'll ask my mate to see what he thinks.

About the hack at the beginning, the mercs have plenty of time, considering it doesn't take that long to set up, there arn't that many good mine places in this map to begin with. Also, it takes time for the spies to get over the fence or down the pipes. If it proves a problem during testing, then It will go back.

@Kitty Cat. I aggree, 30 seconds is insanity, but I don't want to change the basic setup of the map. 5 seconds doesn't seem like much to take off, but it could mean lose or win. I suppose changing it to 25 and testing it to see how it goes isn't bad. I don't think it will hurt that much, and its actually easy to find the bomb IMO. We'll see.

Total.Ck_
01-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I disagree. The generator is probably the easiest objective to get. If I get at least one objective on the map, it's usually generator. No need to make it any easier.

I'd like to hear some opinions on camnet. I personally think it's way overpowered, but Booberry thinks otherwise.

lochang19
01-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Personally, I think the merc spawn point is WAY overpowered and needs toning down. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is possibly making the disk objective smaller and more accessible. If you can redesignate the generators for the drop off, you might have something, but for now, leave the three medpacks with the ammo crate inside.

EDIT: Sorry, Total, didn't see your post till now. I think as far as cam net goes, as long as the hanger is still closed off and has the doors wide open, it's okay, but if you grab someone near the Polar area of the base, you're really getting too much for too little. But that's just my opinion.

C.A.T.ops_v2.0
01-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Clarify what in the name of oblivion you meant by that last post. Lochang you frieking duck.

EDIT: And what the bloody popsicle stick does the "polar area of the base"? Moron.

lochang19
01-09-2006, 09:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C.A.T.ops_v2.0:
Clarify what in the name of oblivion you meant by that last post. Lochang you frieking duck.

EDIT: And what the bloody popsicle stick does the "polar area of the base"? Moron. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, the area that's bare. Get it?

(polar bear)

LOL! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

C.A.T.ops_v2.0
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lochang19:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C.A.T.ops_v2.0:

EDIT: And what the bloody popsicle stick does the "polar area of the base"? Moron. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, the area that's bare. Get it?

(polar bear)

LOL! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM MY CATNIP! IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU!

DucusSumus
01-09-2006, 09:23 PM
The camnet isn't overpowered, in my opinion. Once you get on the ground there are plenty of containers and other objects to hide amongst. It's good, but it's not overpowered.

Jason-Alaska
01-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Great job Zed. Everyone of these things needed fixing. Thanks for taking the time to do it. When will it be available for testing / playing? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

acdx
01-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Isn't the word "hangar", not "hanger"?

Zedblade
01-10-2006, 12:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by acdx:
Isn't the word "hangar", not "hanger"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its whatever i say it is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Eclyps3
01-10-2006, 04:07 AM
Camnet is fine. Camosuit in spawn should take care of your problems. You DO take camosuit when you want to be stealthy now, don't ya?
And have you seen what the second cam looks at? A bunch of pitch black containers.

Hack times are fine. This map is pretty much about splitting mercs up(and not only in aggro-style) so lowering any timers will basically screw them(IMO).

Frelli.
01-10-2006, 05:16 AM
Well first of all, nice thoughts. But I think the hack at beggining is quite nesecary (sry for spelling), but can maye be lowred to 3 or 4 secs.

Another thing is that I accually met Vth_f_Smith yeasterday ingame. On polar base http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. I showed him the snap bug and said it was strange and he will talk to Rhoulette about it. I also showed him the alarm thing, that whne you touch the alarm in the disc house, the computers locks. And he was like "well if it is like that, it's ment to be like that".

Eclyps3
01-10-2006, 06:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frelli.:
"well if it is like that, it's ment to be like that" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would agree, but such a step would be too much of a genious touch to the map, than one would expect from Ubisoft.
Though I say keep the bug - it actually balances out great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .
And did you show him how you can just enter the container with the PC, raising an alarm, and hack it with no problem(with alarm still on). bet it's meant to do that, too.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF
01-10-2006, 07:33 AM
maybe swap some containers with other things?

Noisewater-US
01-10-2006, 10:35 AM
yea! like all the SMs from w4r3h0u53! then just put w4r3h0u53 inSIDE!!! POLARBASE and then call it w4r3h0u53 2!

Wh1tE_Dw4rF
01-10-2006, 10:43 AM
0|\/|G Y0ur3 k1dd1|\|G |\/|3, 1 l0\/3
\/\/4r3h0u53!!!

SITHDUKE
01-10-2006, 10:51 AM
These are just some random ideas:

I think there needs to be at least "One" way into the hacking areas(maybe even just the hangar) that doesnt require a security failure, possibly a coop to a roof access spot.

There seems to be no hacks like Lights or anything like that in the map. Granted it's very dark in some places but it could be reset back by mercs at any time.

Each hutt could have some sorta power lines come out of them with a hack panel on it. Once hacked it kills all power (passive defences) to the hutt.

Maybe open up the central building and give it some additional disk cases or contain some of the bonus hacks(lights etc).

Anyways just random ideas for y'all.

Noisewater-US
01-10-2006, 10:59 AM
yea, there does seem to be a few empty buildings in this map. Is there a good reason?

Frelli.
01-10-2006, 11:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SITHDUKE:
I think there needs to be at least "One" way into the hacking areas(maybe even just the hangar) that doesnt require a security failure
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You don't need a security failur, just jump thru the lasers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Blaster23423
01-10-2006, 12:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frelli.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SITHDUKE:
I think there needs to be at least "One" way into the hacking areas(maybe even just the hangar) that doesnt require a security failure
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You don't need a security failur, just jump thru the lasers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah but it's not very stealthy.. mercs can hear it right away.. I would preffer to have a special vent or something into the hangar..
I think all those Ideas are great except for removing the hacking in the beginning.. that way mercs can have some time to get out their spaw point and be ready.. not to mention that the "waste of time" of the spies is not that dramatic due to the fact that every objective can be reached in less than 10 secs.
I think also that it would be great to add something into the general building, another objective or hacking panels of lights or triggers..

Chimera87
01-10-2006, 12:26 PM
u can roll through lasers without making a sound blaster...

Zedblade
01-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Another thing is that I accually met Vth_f_Smith yeasterday ingame. On polar base http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. I showed him the snap bug and said it was strange and he will talk to Rhoulette about it. I also showed him the alarm thing, that whne you touch the alarm in the disc house, the computers locks. And he was like "well if it is like that, it's ment to be like that". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Just no. It was not meant to be like that, there is no way. If you saw how its set up in the editor, then you know it wasn't meant. It like they copy pasted from other objectives, so they wouldn't have to go through and change the settings on the alarms over and over, but forgot the change which objective it set of. Their was a SAlarm (which is the actor that recieves triggers from the laser and then sets off whatever you want it to set off) inside the Disk Hut, with the name of LIFE Zone or whatever, meaning that its the Disk alarm. It was set to a priorty of 5. Meaning it will display Intruder Dectected: Area Isolated when a laser is triggered. No it wasn't locking the Disk, it was locking the Hangar.

If they wanted it to be like that on purpose, they wouldn't have made that SAlarm, they would have made the lasers in the Hut point to the SAlarm already in hanger. Also, there 1 laser in the doorway of the hut that set off container. That set up screams, to me that they copy pasted and didn't change settings. If it was intention, there was no use for the SAlarm inside the Hut. And what does it change really? I mean before if you set it off, you could still grab the disk but not hanger. Now if you set it off, you can't grab the disk but still can hack hanger. Let me just say this, if it was intentional (UBi doesn't have that much foresight) it is STUPID.

I'm wanted to add a room in the middle building, and created a 3rd objective. But I don't know what that will do to balance, and I really don't want to go and do all kinds of bsp editing that will cause more bugs. This map is horribly made, i've said it a million times before, they uses such noob methods at making this map and is the reason there are so many bugs. Anyway, I really don't want to alter it objective wise any more then I have too. I just want to fix the bugs and the (intentional or not) lasers that are FUBARed.
In the end, if you don't like how this version is don'e, don't download it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

weezer0w0
01-10-2006, 02:38 PM
i would have to second the notion of lowering camnet. it does see right into the spawn and allows mercs to watch the spies movement from the moment the step out. lowering it will give the spies just a bit of freedom without making the camnet completely useless.

also i agree with mercs needing the few seconds at the start of the map when the spies have to hack. especially cause the ****ty spawn points of the merc have them running around in circles on the catwalks. if you remove the 6 second hack then why dont you move the merc spawn points off of the catwalks so they dont have to waste time until they can set up too. either that or ad 6 seconds to the round time so its 10:06 and at least the 6 seconds wont be as wasted. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I think there needs to be at least "One" way into the hacking areas(maybe even just the hangar) that doesnt require a security failure, possibly a coop to a roof access spot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

both the container and the hangar can be accessed by rolling through the lazers. if the merc is close enough to hear the noise on the reticle of you rolling then hacking at that point wouldnt really get you very far anyway, they'd be close enough to nade you or run you away.
-g

Zedblade
01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
You guys are acting as if rushing is some new concept. Rushing an objectives is part of a game. How many times have you been playing and said; "Lets rush garden, lets rush tea, lets rush tech, lets rush cafe, lets rush Dorm, lets rush lounge (lol my map) lets rush main hall . . . it keeps going. This map its like, lets rush . . . wait dammnit gotta hack scratch that idea.

None of the objectives are too far away, if the mercs go from catwalks to the hangar, they will reach it at more or less the same time as the spies. And if they just stay on catwalks they can get to it and snipe/nade easily. I don't see the problem.

To me that hack at the beginning is just as pointless as making the spies go up the stairs, drop out the window and open up the door in Station.

Eclyps3
01-10-2006, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noisewater-US:
yea, there does seem to be a few empty buildings in this map. Is there a good reason? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an outside map. That's why I like it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

And Zed - rushing in the maps you mentioned is a rush to zones that already have a merc around them. Hangar is usually left undefended. The merc up top has to slow spies down till the arrival of the other one. That's one of the reasons for the hacks to be 15 secs I believe. But if spies get 3-4 secs in the beginning of the match, for free, PLUS force the merc up top waste a nade or two and lose some gasmask... ain't that a bit much. I say at least get the hack panel at 2 or 3 secs.

Edit: And what if one spy rushes bombs and the other one - Hangar?

Zedblade
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eclyps3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noisewater-US:
yea, there does seem to be a few empty buildings in this map. Is there a good reason? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an outside map. That's why I like it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

And Zed - rushing in the maps you mentioned is a rush to zones that already have a merc around them. Hangar is usually left undefended. The merc up top has to slow spies down till the arrival of the other one. That's one of the reasons for the hacks to be 15 secs I believe. But if spies get 3-4 secs in the beginning of the match, for free, PLUS force the merc up top waste a nade or two and lose some gasmask... ain't that a bit much. I say at least get the hack panel at 2 or 3 secs.

Edit: And what if one spy rushes bombs and the other one - Hangar? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah becuase shaving seconds off of an objective, or making them lose some gasmask is something totally new and makes the game so unbalanced, why even try. I mean, its not like these things happen at all in any other maps . . . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

It takes, 14-17 seconds for the spies to get to hangar/container. It takes 4-7 seconds for mercs to get into a position to nade/snipe it. Seriously . . . whats the deal?

Oh and don't get me wrong, just becuase I think the hack is stupid, doesn't automatically mean its going to be left out no matter what. Everything depends on the test games. In which I have yet to have any, becuase no one seems available . . . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

SITHDUKE
01-10-2006, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by weezer0w0:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I think there needs to be at least "One" way into the hacking areas(maybe even just the hangar) that doesnt require a security failure, possibly a coop to a roof access spot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

both the container and the hangar can be accessed by rolling through the lazers. if the merc is close enough to hear the noise on the reticle of you rolling then hacking at that point wouldnt really get you very far anyway, they'd be close enough to nade you or run you away.
-g </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They looked a bit close to roll through but ok thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif What about those hacks? Oh Oh! I have it! Shutters for the Drill tower http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif and hutts ?

SI-Duck
01-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Since it's obviously based on The Thing movie. Duke, don't you dare! -.-

I suggest add some crates against the back wall which gives spies some place other than the crate to ledge grab you. Also crates ON the balcony to block your view cone from the balcony so you can't see half the map from that one spot and gives speis something to hide behind.

More EMF ghosts so you've got somewhere to
hide.

How some underground routes from empty container to empty container? So you can go withotu setting of MT every 5 seconds?

Take tips form MGS's Heliport.

C.A.T.ops_v2.0
01-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Actually, I really like the idea of an underground route system. That might just add the perfect stealthy touch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Zedblade
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Actually, I really like the idea of an underground route system. That might just add the perfect stealthy touch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm the gears are turning, the gears are turning, you can't stop the gears, CANT STOP THE GEARS!!!

C.A.T.ops_v2.0
01-10-2006, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zedblade:
Actually, I really like the idea of an underground route system. That might just add the perfect stealthy touch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmmm the gears are turning, the gears are turning, you can't stop the gears, CANT STOP THE GEARS!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What if I stick my kitty paw in the gears? Will it get crushed?

S.a.S-Mosar
01-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Add snowfall that makes mercs vision go wet like in Aqua. Add same kind of searchlight to the balcony as in Missile. Add some icy spots where merc or spy can fall on their backs and hurt themselves. Oh yeah, and add a hack panel insde the vehicle thats in the hangar. When hacked, spies are able to drive all over the map with it. Hmm, what else?

vega13
01-10-2006, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S.a.S-Mosar:
Add snowfall that makes mercs vision go wet like in Aqua. Add same kind of searchlight to the balcony as in Missile. Add some icy spots where merc or spy can fall on their backs and hurt themselves. Oh yeah, and add a hack panel insde the vehicle thats in the hangar. When hacked, spies are able to drive all over the map with it. Hmm, what else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha

everything looks good zed, awesome. Ive only played Polar Base a couple of times. I agree with everything you have put so far.

SI-Duck
01-10-2006, 10:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zedblade:

hmmmm the gears are turning, the gears are turning, you can't stop the gears, CANT STOP THE GEARS!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What if I stick my kitty paw in the gears? Will it get crushed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky for us you've got nine lives, you'll get it back when you die. :P Hey, Catops server should give CAT operatives 9 lives, innit?

Raz0rx_
01-10-2006, 10:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SI-Duck:
Lucky for us you've got nine lives, you'll get it back when you die. :P Hey, Catops server should give CAT operatives 9 lives, innit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"But we're cats, we get 9 lives"

Hahahaha, imagine wat the opposing team would have to say about that!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

cheese_thief
01-10-2006, 10:28 PM
You should implement these changes (except for the removal of the Spy hack, it's there cause its cool), but make the snow dirt, the sky black, add a few palm trees or some ****, and call it Zedblade's Jungle Base.

I say keep Polar Base the way it is (except for the neck bug and alarm ****).

EDIT: OH NO call it POLAR BASE 2!

Defcon_5
01-11-2006, 04:05 AM
Hi!!

Please ZedBlade change my so beloved Motion Tracking Fix like in Scherm and Krausa. Motion Tracking is really a powerfull measure to track spys on this map, even when they are standin still.

thx

Spiritmonger4
01-11-2006, 04:14 AM
NOooooo dont take away my nightvision plz dont.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

FIN-Ravager
01-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Hey Zed, me and Solidus thought that it would be nice if spies and mercs will leave footprints onto the ground. Can you do that somehow?

S.a.S-SnakeBit
01-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Nicely done Zed . Very nice . Well there are some ge's missing + there are few bugs still left ill messedge you on xfire when i will see you.

Zedblade
01-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Okay, things have done since i've posted this thread.

1. Replaced the hack at the beginning, but made it only 3 seconds instead of 6.

2. Replaced the original snow texture with my own, that displays footprints for both mercs and spies. When the spies or mercs run on it, it makes a loud crunch sound, like that of snow. However, when a spy crouch walks on it, it doesn't make any sound, but still leaves footprints.

3. Fixed some GE errors.

4. Returned the Alarms back to 20 second timers instead of 15.

5. Changed the generater bomb time back from the experimental time of 25 seconds to 30.

Discuss.

cheese_thief
01-11-2006, 04:42 PM
6 sec hack timer! It's meant to be!!!

FIN-Ravager
01-11-2006, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 2. Replaced the original snow texture with my own, that displays footprints for both mercs and spies. When the spies or mercs run on it, it makes a loud crunch sound, like that of snow. However, when a spy crouch walks on it, it doesn't make any sound, but still leaves footprints. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Eclyps3
01-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Make the timer 18-20 minutes, so Ravager would be able to "keep things quiet".

Vantage.
01-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Perfect.

I'm with cheese thief about not having drastic changes. Might as well call it polar base 2 if you do.

Coco

1. Replaced the hack at the beginning, but made it only 3 seconds instead of 6.
2. Replaced the original snow texture with my own, that displays footprints for both mercs and spies. When the spies or mercs run on it, it makes a loud crunch sound, like that of snow. However, when a spy crouch walks on it, it doesn't make any sound, but still leaves footprints.
3. Fixed some GE errors.
4. Returned the Alarms back to 20 second timers instead of 15.
5. Changed the generater bomb time back from the experimental time of 25 seconds to 30.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zedblade
01-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Final is out. Refer to the original post for list of changes.

Link:
UMP Polar Base (http://files.filefront.com/UMP_Polar_Base/;4600995;;/fileinfo.html)

FIN-Ravager
01-12-2006, 04:22 AM
Downloading now, great work already.

Toshi_
01-12-2006, 04:26 AM
Wooohooo !!!!!!
Or not... I think the whole filefront.com is down http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Uughh... Gotta try later :-/

Few hours later:
Yeah, it's the same map... But with MUCH less bugs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SITHDUKE
01-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I'll test is asap 8-)

Bionic-Blob
01-12-2006, 10:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

[/list]

11. Added the MT Fix.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what happened to no 6?

element54
01-12-2006, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bionic-Blob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

[/list]

11. Added the MT Fix.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what happened to no 6? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what are you talking bout Blob? It is right there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
Maybe there is somthing wrong with your monitor.

SITHDUKE
01-12-2006, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bionic-Blob:
what happened to no 6? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no "6" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Zedblade
01-12-2006, 11:47 AM
6 was being a naughty *****, so i killed her and buried it in my back yard.

Toshi_
01-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Awwwww... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It could have been a great Easter Egg... Too bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Chairmaker-US
01-12-2006, 04:12 PM
So is this a whole new map...

or is it a patch for UBI's map?

element54
01-12-2006, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chairmaker-US:

or is it a patch for UBI's map? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is a new map in the sence that you have to download it and install it. it however is basicly the Polar Express Map with all the fixes (as listed above).

MR.Mic
01-12-2006, 07:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by element54:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chairmaker-US:

or is it a patch for UBI's map? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is a new map in the sence that you have to download it and install it. it however is basicly the Polar Express Map with all the fixes (as listed above). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a map based off "The Polar Express"?

m4_007
01-12-2006, 07:35 PM
ROFL ! Somebody else with that movie in mind when reading the Map name ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chimera87
01-13-2006, 02:37 PM
ow neat map zed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

id love to see the face of the xboxkiddo's when they notice that our new improved polar doesnt have the big bug list no more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif they will have to live with it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cougar-C.A.T.
01-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Polar Express huh.....LMAO!!! Im sorry....i dont remember runnin into a bunch of lil elves and santa while i was spy.....hmmmmm http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

element54
01-13-2006, 07:27 PM
omg... you people don't think i actually did that by accident. let me assure you that it was quite intentional.

XDDarkwarrior.
01-14-2006, 05:45 PM
the level is new on pc so u cannot expect it really to not have glitches but i have to say i has got quitew alot its like every time i play that level i glitch http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Spekkio9
01-15-2006, 01:20 AM
omg, heaven forbid I expect a multi-million $ corporation to produce a clean, bugless product. Even worse, I expect it to be balanced and fun. That never happens. It's solely up to the community to fix these errors.

[/sarcasm]