PDA

View Full Version : Plane

xxjusticarxx
09-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know the type of plane the USAF flies in to blow up the tanks? Are they JSFs?

xxjusticarxx
09-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know the type of plane the USAF flies in to blow up the tanks? Are they JSFs?

XxCH0NGxX
09-20-2007, 07:30 PM
yeah. JSF's, or F-22 Rapters. Same thing.

Mr.Hanky2005
09-20-2007, 08:01 PM
I think he might be refering to the A-10 Thunderbolt. AKA, The Tankbuster, or Warthog.

PS, JSF's and F-22's are not the same, the JSF is an F-35.

ubermoob
09-21-2007, 03:17 AM
The F-22 is not designed for air to ground combat so why would they use the most advanced fighter/interceptor ever made to kill tanks ?

Besides the F-22 and F-35 are not even in service yet so it would be hard to use planes you don't have to destroy tanks.

Mr.Hanky2005
09-21-2007, 04:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ubermoob:
Besides the F-22 and F-35 are not even in service yet so it would be hard to use planes you don't have to destroy tanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The F-22 is in service, it has been since 2005.

MeanMF
09-21-2007, 08:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.Hanky2005:
The F-22 is in service, it has been since 2005. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nobody's bothered to send anything up against it yet..

I didn't get a look at the plane in the game. GRAW 2 is set in 2014 - hopefully they'll have the JSF in service by then. But the promotional materials for the game don't mention it - only the F-15.

xSKYCOWBOYx
09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
he has to be talking about the a-10

and there are f-22's that have seen action.
they went public in 2005.

Trick502
09-22-2007, 08:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeanMF:

Nobody's bothered to send anything up against it yet..
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats because you got to know its there to engage it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

XxCH0NGxX
09-22-2007, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ubermoob:
The F-22 is not designed for air to ground combat so why would they use the most advanced fighter/interceptor ever made to kill tanks ?

Besides the F-22 and F-35 are not even in service yet so it would be hard to use planes you don't have to destroy tanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

F-22 was designed for air to ground, as well as air to air. It is an air dominance fighter, but is equipped for ground attack, electronic warfare and signals intelligence roles as well.

The F-22 is in service. It was formally introduced into the USAF in December 2005.

On 7 July 2006, the U.S. Air Force officially announced the name of the F-35: Lightning II, in honor of Lockheed's World War II-era twin-prop P-38 Lightning and the Cold War-era jet, the English Electric Lightning. English Electric's aircraft division was incorporated into BAC, a predecessor of F-35 partner BAE Systems. Other names previously listed as contenders were Kestrel, Phoenix, Piasa, Black Mamba and Spitfire II. Lightning II was also an early company name for the aircraft that became the F-22 Raptor.

The F-35 Lightning II isn't in service yet, but soon will be.

ubermoob
09-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Ah right on well I stand thoroughly corrected.
Thank you for the info to. I thought the F-22 was primarily designed to function as a fighter/interceptor. I haven't read any recent publications about the aircraft. I shouldn't underestimate their desire to utilize such an expensive piece of equipment in every way possible.

What I look forward to seeing is the Marine's version of the F-35 with the VSTOL. I think it is VSTOL anyways. I hear they like the Harrier even though it is said to require a good deal of finesse to fly, so they should really love the F-35.
Ofcourse who doesn't like a bright shiny new piece of equipment to familiarize themselves with http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

xxjusticarxx
09-23-2007, 02:13 PM
So I guess the question is ... why were they using an F-15? Is that just what the local USAF base in Texas could wrestle up to support the Ghosts?

Mr.Hanky2005
09-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Everyone, remember something, the F-15 wont be gone for a long time. The U.S.A.F. said that they plan on keeping it in service until 2025.

As ubermoob stated the F-22 is a fighter/interceptor. While the F-15E (Also known as the Strike Eagle) is a "Strike Fighter". It is built to fly long-range interdiction of enemy ground targets deep behind enemy lines.

xxjusticarxx
09-23-2007, 08:36 PM
That makes sense then. Given that A-10s are low-flyers. Did anyone catch the name of the unit? The pilot says it, but I can't make it out.