PDA

View Full Version : I can't Get this Game to Load Anyone else???

xXxHeLiVeSxXx
04-20-2006, 03:23 PM
I've Had this game since it was released through Ubisoft, I have yet to get it to Run after the CD check it just crashes With the MS error "Microsoft has found an error in the program and we need to exit this program" it involves the mainr.exe prog and a bunch of others that have loaded I've removed any and all background Windows Setup programs, disabled the AntiVirus, PopUp blockers, Spam Email blockers, E-Mail Scan, and Firewall in my sys...

The only thing I can see is maybe its a registry entry error as the x3Daudio1_0.dll Ive Updated two maybe three times and i know its there cause its not tellin me it aint and I've checked to make sure...

ABIT KT7A-RAID Board with RAID disabled/SB Audigy 2/MSI nVidia G4-Ti-4200 128MB AGP Graphics ACC Card/1Gig RAM/Microsoft Precision 2 Joystick/101 Keyboard Standard with Windows Keys/Logitech Cordless Trackball/MSN PCI MN-130 Network Adapter/Win XP Home SP2 and current updates...Dx9.0c updated all new drivers

xXxHeLiVeSxXx
04-20-2006, 03:23 PM
I've Had this game since it was released through Ubisoft, I have yet to get it to Run after the CD check it just crashes With the MS error "Microsoft has found an error in the program and we need to exit this program" it involves the mainr.exe prog and a bunch of others that have loaded I've removed any and all background Windows Setup programs, disabled the AntiVirus, PopUp blockers, Spam Email blockers, E-Mail Scan, and Firewall in my sys...

The only thing I can see is maybe its a registry entry error as the x3Daudio1_0.dll Ive Updated two maybe three times and i know its there cause its not tellin me it aint and I've checked to make sure...

ABIT KT7A-RAID Board with RAID disabled/SB Audigy 2/MSI nVidia G4-Ti-4200 128MB AGP Graphics ACC Card/1Gig RAM/Microsoft Precision 2 Joystick/101 Keyboard Standard with Windows Keys/Logitech Cordless Trackball/MSN PCI MN-130 Network Adapter/Win XP Home SP2 and current updates...Dx9.0c updated all new drivers

The_Sleep
04-20-2006, 03:32 PM
what do you mean you updated to it? Did you
choose install dx in setup dialog after ba installs?
What kind of optical drive are you using?

I dont know it but it sounds like a starforce related issue.

crazycanuck1968
04-20-2006, 04:56 PM
you have to choose...why..i give up trying to think..it hurts too much. but you have to say yes to installing directx9 with the download regardless if your system has it already....i got the same error...download all the **** and it should work..but
BEFORE YOU DO...please read the posts on starforce..a copy protection program that UBIA**SSES have forcefed us to download w/o our consent..its dangerous and can possibly damage your system

bigsalad
04-20-2006, 06:03 PM
I agree with the first two replies. You may be an unlucky victim of the StarForce Anti-Piracy system. It doesn't affect all users, but can affect some makes of DVD drives and drivers etc. Particularly the more modern makes. If you think back to the initial installation, do you remember at the end a little black box popped up? It said 'Protection System needs to be completed.' or something to that vague wording. Most of us clicked 'OK', not knowing of course that this short, trite little message really meant 'we will now install an Anti-Piracy system that could well possibly crash your PC - if not now, then maybe in the near future'.

Seriously, if it is the StarForce system crashing your PC, it can be removed, although once removed may not allow the game to run at all.

To remove StarForce, you can go to http://www.glop.org/starforce/ for more information on how to detect & remove it.

Good luck.