PDA

View Full Version : Two player Idea for two seater airplanes.

Mig-29
06-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Ok guys i'm sure some of you are familiar with two seater fighters such as the f-15 strike eagle and the su-34.

Some of these two seater airplanes have a lantirn type system which allows for precision bombing. There is a separate screen in the cockpit which is linked to a camera. this camera can then be use to designate ground targets.

So why not add a function in multiplayer which can allow two players to share control over a two seater airplane. One players flies and is in control of the cannon and AA missiles while the other player is in control of the lantirn system. The player piloting the airplane flies over the ground targets while the other player fiddles with the lantirn system and is tasked with destroying ground targets.

Once there are no more ground targets the player which was the co-pilot in control of the lantirn can chose to fly in their own fighter if he/she wants to or return to being the co-pilot in any other two seater fighter whenever they feel like it.

Sort of like in bf-2 where the roles in two seater fighters and helicopters where shared.

Mig-29
06-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Ok guys i'm sure some of you are familiar with two seater fighters such as the f-15 strike eagle and the su-34.

Some of these two seater airplanes have a lantirn type system which allows for precision bombing. There is a separate screen in the cockpit which is linked to a camera. this camera can then be use to designate ground targets.

So why not add a function in multiplayer which can allow two players to share control over a two seater airplane. One players flies and is in control of the cannon and AA missiles while the other player is in control of the lantirn system. The player piloting the airplane flies over the ground targets while the other player fiddles with the lantirn system and is tasked with destroying ground targets.

Once there are no more ground targets the player which was the co-pilot in control of the lantirn can chose to fly in their own fighter if he/she wants to or return to being the co-pilot in any other two seater fighter whenever they feel like it.

Sort of like in bf-2 where the roles in two seater fighters and helicopters where shared.

PvtSkwerl
06-05-2008, 12:41 AM
while you are at it, I want to have the ability to eject the kid on the backseat because he's being too whiney or annoying.

Tomcatter61
06-05-2008, 12:55 AM
That's an idea that could be pretty interesting. They do shared cockpits in FSX, but I don't know how you'd get that to work in the confines of this arcade-y P.O.S. game.

It would be pretty sweet to have a RIO for an F-14. The pilot could be up front pointing the nose where it needs to go for long range engagements, while the RIO sits in the back and targets the bandits and launches multiple AIM-54s or AIM-7s. If it was a B/D model, the RIO could also use the LANTIRN pod to target stuff on the ground like you suggested. For an interesting kind of mission, you could also strap a TARPS pod to the Tomcat and do some manned recce flights - RIO could be snapping photos in the back while the pilot flies the route. Also, the Tomcat can us the TCS to VID targets beyond eyeball-range, so the RIO could be providing the pilot with lots of useful info. And then, you still retain the ability for the pilot to use guns and AIM-9s when the fight moves in close - in that case, the RIO can be an extra set of eyeballs scanning the sky.

That would take a lot of teamwork and coordination, but would probably have a big payoff if you could work closely like that.

But, it'll never happen in this game. This idea would involve far more depth than we're likely to see in HAWX.

TRStealth
06-05-2008, 01:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomcatter61:
That's an idea that could be pretty interesting. They do shared cockpits in FSX, but I don't know how you'd get that to work in the confines of this arcade-y P.O.S. game.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you still here? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Besides, most planes aren't 2-seaters anymore. Who the hell needs a navigator with GPS?

Tomcatter61
06-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Because I feel like it. Any more dumb questions?

Back-seaters are used for more than just navigation, but you don't sound like the kind that would grasp that concept.

Mig-29
06-05-2008, 11:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TRStealth:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomcatter61:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you still here? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Besides, most planes aren't 2-seaters anymore. Who the hell needs a navigator with GPS? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where the hell in my post did I say navigator and GPS?

netflame5
06-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Personally, I like the idea of a WSO, for 250 LBS more, you could have a person to take the little nagging small things off your hands while you are flying. Instrument controls are extermely complex and it is very annoying to keep having to take your hands off of your controls to try and switch between radar modes or engagement modes on your MFD.

I guess we will just have to wait until fighterops comes out for two seater aircraft huh? Or, a better idea. We could all become fighter pilots of our respected nations and duke it out in the skies with real $175 million airplanes at your disposal! Lets see how much you people like blimp view thenhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thefirst2run
07-25-2008, 11:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by netflame5:
Personally, I like the idea of a WSO, for 250 LBS more, you could have a person to take the little nagging small things off your hands while you are flying. Instrument controls are extermely complex and it is very annoying to keep having to take your hands off of your controls to try and switch between radar modes or engagement modes on your MFD.

I guess we will just have to wait until fighterops comes out for two seater aircraft huh? Or, a better idea. We could all become fighter pilots of our respected nations and duke it out in the skies with real $175 million airplanes at your disposal! Lets see how much you people like blimp view thenhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got dibbs on f-22 and mig 1.44. I have a twin so I can fly both.

lothamroth288
07-30-2008, 04:14 AM
By the way, the Dassault Mirage 2000-D is also a two seater aircraft.There is already a lot of french planes but it may be cool to have this beauty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cerealki11er14
07-30-2008, 12:08 PM
ZOMG thats a great idea, that would make the game so much more interesting... Although i get the feeling that ppl would fight over who will actually get to fly the plane. Great idea though and i totally support it

Mig-29
07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
You need to realize that if a player doesn't want to be the gunner, he should be allowed respawn in his own fighter during the multiplayer game (you should be able to change fighters on the fly from an ingame menu).

The individual who is flying the Two-seater, (being the Su-34 or the f-14) can control the lantirn by himself if he wants to.

Taking control of a co-pilot's seat can be done on the fly, you would just select it from the player menu and then click on the player who is flying the two seater to take control of the co-pilot's seat.

If the player in the pilot's seat (the one who is flying) of the "two seater" doesn't want to have anyone flying with him, he should be allowed to "lock" his plane so that he can only fly alone.

Or set a password so that only his friend can hop in or only allow buddies from his buddy list to hop in. You see where I'm going here? -Easy accessibility & -Lots of ingame options.

ZX3-HOSTILE
08-12-2008, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE] Mig-29 Posted Wed July 30 2008 11:20 Hide Post
You need to realize that if a player doesn't want to be the gunner, he should be allowed respawn in his own fighter during the multiplayer game (you should be able to change fighters on the fly from an ingame menu).

The individual who is flying the Two-seater, (being the Su-34 or the f-14) can control the lantirn by himself if he wants to.

Taking control of a co-pilot's seat can be done on the fly, you would just select it from the player menu and then click on the player who is flying the two seater to take control of the co-pilot's seat.

If the player in the pilot's seat (the one who is flying) of the "two seater" doesn't want to have anyone flying with him, he should be allowed to "lock" his plane so that he can only fly alone.

Or set a password so that only his friend can hop in or only allow buddies from his buddy list to hop in. You see where I'm going here? -Easy accessibility & -Lots of ingame options. [QUOTE]

<span class="ev_code_RED">I LIKE IT! Very well said Mig-29!</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Mig-29
08-15-2008, 07:36 PM
To be honest I'm having doubts about this idea. The gameplay in Hawx will be very fast paced and there probably will be no need for precise bombing because the game will make targeting easy like in AC So one player flying the plane should be enough. This idea would be more suitable for Sims that focus more realism than action or for slower paced flying games.

However for MP games a player should be allowed to spectate from the cockpit of another player's jet and be allowed to look around the cockpit. This has no effect on gameplay but its an alternative way to spectate. Sort of like how Counterstrike allows players to spectate other players through 1st person view.

PilotG14
08-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah. I think that would be a great idea.

BirdPlayer
08-21-2008, 08:03 PM
it would even be cool to use the copilot as to track enemy missiles and then use countermeausers while the pilot takes care of flying and engaging main targets