PDA

View Full Version : Would a wireless headset be too laggy?

peterkatkov
10-20-2011, 12:11 PM
I want to buy a headset to reduce the lag/latency on the audio. My sony surround sound receiver has HDMI inputs only, so my only option is getting a headset. I'd like to keep wires to a minimum, so the Turtle Beach X31 wireless set would be ideal, but I don't want to create another latency problem while trying to solve the original problem. Anyone with these headphones try them yet?

peterkatkov
10-20-2011, 12:11 PM
I want to buy a headset to reduce the lag/latency on the audio. My sony surround sound receiver has HDMI inputs only, so my only option is getting a headset. I'd like to keep wires to a minimum, so the Turtle Beach X31 wireless set would be ideal, but I don't want to create another latency problem while trying to solve the original problem. Anyone with these headphones try them yet?

Ubi_SamSeed
10-20-2011, 01:08 PM
We are aware of an incompatibility problem with Sony wireless headsets, but have not seen reports from other headset brands. If you run into any problems with your Turtle Beach X31, please let us know.

JamesAtkinson
10-20-2011, 02:01 PM
I bought a set of Sony wireless headphones last night and it wasn't till I got home that I thought about the possibility of lag problems but I'm happy to report that there was ZERO gameplay lag.

I did notice that on the replay of the song my playing was lagged from the music however, but during play it was bang on so I'm not sure what's up with that....

T_H_F_L
11-04-2011, 09:08 AM
i am actually using the turtle beach X31's and so far i have had no problems with audio lag, everything seems to work just fine.

mdburch
11-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Turtle Beach X41's here and no lag problems.