PDA

View Full Version : BOSTON FTW!

Slickrick2345
03-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Hitch A Ride,Something About You,Rock And Roll Band,Smokin,Peace Of Mind,More Than A Feeling.
Rockband dlc...800 points
Download it NOW!

That is all

Slickrick2345
03-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Hitch A Ride,Something About You,Rock And Roll Band,Smokin,Peace Of Mind,More Than A Feeling.
Rockband dlc...800 points
Download it NOW!

That is all

Brofase
03-28-2008, 02:50 PM
If I had Rock Band I would be all over this.

SergeantCarnage
03-28-2008, 02:56 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif more than a feeling.....

Brofase
03-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I can't bring myself to actually buy Rock Band. I have friends that own it and also stay up ridiculously late drinking beer, so I feel I get a pretty good deal out of the whole thing.

SergeantCarnage
03-28-2008, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brofase:
I can't bring myself to actually buy Rock Band. I have friends that own it and also stay up ridiculously late drinking beer, so I feel I get a pretty good deal out of the whole thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exact same thing here, my friends bought and I just reap the rewards.Wait a minute...are you in my band?

OtnemeM_IroM
03-28-2008, 03:08 PM
That's funny... this relates DIRECTLY to Mischief's blog (http://www.fragdolls.com/index.php/blogs/category/mischief). I, personally, couldn't bring myself to pay 10 bucks for a few songs for Rock Band (I'm also not a huge Boston fan). Those kind of things just don't seem worth it -- I imagine it takes very little work to produce a Rock Band track. They are probably just recouping the licensing costs for use of the artist's song.

I'da never bought it, but we got RB as payment for Caly doing a Microsoft event. Now I can't stop drumming!!! As soon as I unlock all the songs with 5 stars on medium, I am jumping straight to Expert. I'm friggin' hardcore.

PrOjEcTxMaYhEm1
03-28-2008, 03:31 PM
I buy rock band songs all the time. But id never spend money for Halo maps. For me thats not worth it.

DocHolidazed
03-28-2008, 04:04 PM
I have EVERY single song or pack released for this game. And yes it is worth it once you've played the game. They cover all era's and genres pretty well. The Boston pack is just awesome.

And Ben: I'll race you to the end of Expert on Drums. I've already got a head start. I even got the achievement for 100% notes hit on a song on expert. I'm well on my way. Drumming is actually easier for me on that difficulty because they have all the notes in there. oN lower levels it's frustrating cause they take so many notes out. It's hard for me NOT to hit the notes I know are there.

Rock Band Rocks for sure.

mcmax3000
03-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I already downloaded it. Did it Tuesday morning when it came out.

Loganissocool
03-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Mayhem and I are aboot to rock. Doc come drum for us. we both play guitar on expert

add me: loganissocool

OtnemeM_IroM
03-28-2008, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DocHolidazed:
I have EVERY single song or pack released for this game. And yes it is worth it once you've played the game. They cover all era's and genres pretty well. The Boston pack is just awesome.

And Ben: I'll race you to the end of Expert on Drums. I've already got a head start. I even got the achievement for 100% notes hit on a song on expert. I'm well on my way. Drumming is actually easier for me on that difficulty because they have all the notes in there. oN lower levels it's frustrating cause they take so many notes out. It's hard for me NOT to hit the notes I know are there.

Rock Band Rocks for sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We'll make it an unofficial race. It's true, though, that for those with some drumming experience playing on Hard or Expert is much easier because it feels more natural. I do the same thing, usually hitting the bass pedal more often than I should. Guitar is kinda like that too, but not to the degree that the drums is. I find that those who are good at guitar aren't usually good at guitar games, but those who play piano are. The guitar keys are much more piano-like.

Which song did you get 100% on Expert? That's pretty amazing.

Brimtown
03-29-2008, 06:43 AM
I have to say that I like Rock Band's DLC pricing a hella lot more than GH's. It's hard to believe - although predictable - that they're still charging 500 points for 3 songs. I thought that the competition would force them to bring their pricing down. I thought wrong.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-29-2008, 12:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brimtown:
I have to say that I like Rock Band's DLC pricing a hella lot more than GH's. It's hard to believe - although predictable - that they're still charging 500 points for 3 songs. I thought that the competition would force them to bring their pricing down. I thought wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>160p per song for RB, 500p per 3 songs for GH... lessee... 160 x 3 = 480, convert to dollars, and... RB is a whole QUARTER cheaper! ... I'm not impressed. Except for the large packs, like Boston. 800p for 6 songs, that's 133.3p each, more than a quarter cheaper than RB's individual tracks.

I just played Foreplay/Long Time for the first time last night. I gotta admit, it was a fun song to play.

mcmax3000
03-29-2008, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OtnemeM_IroM:
160p per song for RB, 500p per 3 songs for GH... lessee... 160 x 3 = 480, convert to dollars, and... RB is a whole QUARTER cheaper! ... I'm not impressed. Except for the large packs, like Boston. 800p for 6 songs, that's 133.3p each, more than a quarter cheaper than RB's individual tracks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When compared that way, yes, it's only a quarter.

However, lets compare fairly instead.

Individual Songs

Rock Band - 160 points - $2.00
Guitar Hero III - 200 points - $2.50

Savings on Rock Band: 50 cents ($1.50 if buying all three as both games usually release individual songs in sets of three)

Three Packs

Rock Band - 440 points - $5.50
Guitar Hero III - 500 points - $6.25

Savings on Rock Band: 75 cents.

Six Packs

Rock Band - 800 points - $10.00
Guitar Hero III - 1000 points (cost of two three packs since Guitar Hero doesn't have six packs available at this time) - $12.50

Potential Rock Band Savings (based on hypothetical Guitar Hero Pricing): $2.50

This also doesn't take into account that with Rock Band, all packs are available as single songs (which is not an option in Guitar Hero) so you can save money if you only like one or two of the songs & that most Rock Band songs are released as three (or six) packs which are cheaper then buying the songs individually (again, not an option in Guitar Hero as their single releases have yet to ever be bundled).

Plus, there's also taking into account how much more content is available for Rock Band (93 pieces*) then Guitar Hero (23 pieces*) & how much more often new content comes out (weekly VS monthly).

The one edge I will give to Guitar Hero 3 though is free content. They have released six free songs that I can think of (The Halo Theme, We Three Kings, That Aerosmith song from a month ago that I can't remember the name of & the Dropkick Murphy's three pack) to Rock Band's zero (although they have done eight songs that were released at half price compared to normal single track pricing).

So, overall, while the savings may not be huge, Rock Band is going to win any battle of DLC compared to Guitar Hero 3.

* - Since I'm lazy, that's just based on the total number at the bottom of the list in the Marketplace right now so it also includes themes/picture packs/trailers (which both games are pretty equal on in numbers). It also doesn't include the limited time offers that Guitar Hero has done that are no longer available or the three downloadable Rock Band tracks that were exclusive to the February 08 edition of Official Xbox Magazine.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-29-2008, 03:48 PM
...and at this rate, your 60 dollar game has quickly become a 90 dollar game. Youchie. Unless they release something that I just couldn't live without (Primus, Modest Mouse *the good stuff- nothing from the 2 most recent albums*, etc.), I don't think I'll be DLing any C.

PrOjEcTxMaYhEm1
03-29-2008, 04:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mcmax3000:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OtnemeM_IroM:
160p per song for RB, 500p per 3 songs for GH... lessee... 160 x 3 = 480, convert to dollars, and... RB is a whole QUARTER cheaper! ... I'm not impressed. Except for the large packs, like Boston. 800p for 6 songs, that's 133.3p each, more than a quarter cheaper than RB's individual tracks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When compared that way, yes, it's only a quarter.

However, lets compare fairly instead.

Individual Songs

Rock Band - 160 points - $2.00
Guitar Hero III - 200 points - $2.50

Savings on Rock Band: 50 cents ($1.50 if buying all three as both games usually release individual songs in sets of three)

Three Packs

Rock Band - 440 points - $5.50
Guitar Hero III - 500 points - $6.25

Savings on Rock Band: 75 cents.

Six Packs

Rock Band - 800 points - $10.00
Guitar Hero III - 1000 points (cost of two three packs since Guitar Hero doesn't have six packs available at this time) - $12.50

Potential Rock Band Savings (based on hypothetical Guitar Hero Pricing): $2.50

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rocking out with your **** out - PRICELESS

mcmax3000
03-29-2008, 08:43 PM
...and at this rate, your 60 dollar game has quickly become a 90 dollar game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It only becomes as expensive as you make it.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-29-2008, 09:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mcmax3000:
...and at this rate, your 60 dollar game has quickly become a 90 dollar game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It only becomes as expensive as you make it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hence, I don't make it. In fact, I have RB and I am currently into it for $0.00... Caly, on the other hand, is into it for about 3 man-hours. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DocHolidazed
03-30-2008, 04:46 AM
I realize there will always be people who honestly look for reasons to justify paying for anything. Me. I just really could care less, if it's for something that I call my hobby, and that I like very much.

Just please don't forget that there were artists and songwriters, musicians, etc. Who made/created this music. There was some incredibly inventive minds who designed this game we know as Rock Band. Who have to take this music and program every note, for every intrument as well as the graphic animations for the avatars in the game. This doesn't just happen by itself. It's entertainment. At a different level. Interactive, social, and pretty friggen fun.

It's worth it ok. Especially, if you love music and gaming. And value the good times spent with friends participating in this while rocking out to some really good music. Stop argueing about wether or not it's worth it please. The choice is so simple. No one is forcing you to spend any more than you want or have to here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I just perplexed with reading how people simply forget what is involved with the game and it's programing/design and just trying to look at it as just a song your buying.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-30-2008, 03:49 PM
@Doc: Did you see my question?
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Me, a few posts up:
Which song did you get 100% on Expert? That's pretty amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I was playing last night, finally got 5 stars on Foreplay (took me 3 plays) and Enter Sandman (took me 6 or 7 plays) on Medium. Those are going to be tuffies to get 5 stars on Expert. Not to mention I hate Metallica, and every time I have to listen to that song I lose a day of life.

G4H_KingNothing
03-30-2008, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Me, a few posts up:
Which song did you get 100% on Expert? That's pretty amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I was playing last night, finally got 5 stars on Foreplay (took me 3 plays) and Enter Sandman (took me 6 or 7 plays) on Medium. Those are going to be tuffies to get 5 stars on Expert. Not to mention I hate Metallica, and every time I have to listen to that song I lose a day of life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
Not liking Enter Sandman or Metallica. Something in the water where you live? lol

OtnemeM_IroM
03-30-2008, 05:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G4H_KingNothing:
Which song did you get 100% on Expert? That's pretty amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I was playing last night, finally got 5 stars on Foreplay (took me 3 plays) and Enter Sandman (took me 6 or 7 plays) on Medium. Those are going to be tuffies to get 5 stars on Expert. Not to mention I hate Metallica, and every time I have to listen to that song I lose a day of life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
Not liking Enter Sandman or Metallica. Something in the water where you live? lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep. The city's been slipping me concentrated intelligence and good taste in music since... well, forever. You should move here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DocHolidazed
03-30-2008, 07:11 PM
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've 100%'d a couple songs now. The Hand That Feeds, Green Grass and High Tides Forever, and Gimme Shelter, Say It Aint So, Creep, I Think I'm Paranoid. Which was pretty easy actually.

As far as 5 stars. Gawd I've 5 star'd alot.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-30-2008, 07:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DocHolidazed:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've 100%'d a couple songs now. The Hand That Feeds, Green Grass and High Tides Forever, and Gimme Shelter, Say It Aint So, Creep, I Think I'm Paranoid. Which was pretty easy actually.

As far as 5 stars. Gawd I've 5 star'd alot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You are telling me you have 100% on Expert on Green Grass and High Tides? The rest I believe, but I mean, c'mon. I just finished unlocking all the regular songs (non-bonus tour) on Medium, 5 stars on every song. Again, it's Medium, not ultra-brag-worthy, not trying to toot a horn here. I still haven't even 100% a single song yet. But I will, oh, I will.

DocHolidazed
03-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Over a half a million points on that song Ben. I got 400,000 points on that on Hard. That song has a nice flow to it. You'll see once you play it a couple of times.

Sorry man. You asked.

And it is brag worthy. Drumming is not that easy. Even if your a drummer. On higher levels the register on the pads doesn't cooperate on the really tight notes all the time. For me it comes down to how the pads are configured. Which is NOT where I'd like them to be. (Hint) to the devs. Make a adjustable kit for people to place them where they feel more comfortable. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

OtnemeM_IroM
03-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Over a half a million points on that song Ben. I got 400,000 points on that on Hard. That song has a nice flow to it. You'll see once you play it a couple of times.

Sorry man. You asked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It has a nice flow of making my leg want to fall off at the knee.

DocHolidazed
03-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Ok Ben. I Think I'm Paranoid(Hint-Hint).

Good Luck.

Loganissocool
03-30-2008, 11:03 PM
you did not 100% green grass and high tide.

DocHolidazed
03-31-2008, 08:30 AM
I just went back and checked. Turns out I didn't perfect that one. Yet. I have 5 starred it though. It's not like the guitar parts, which are off the chart hard for me. It's in the third teir from the last set of songs in difficulty. I'll work on that one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
And Ben, Metallica is kinda hard for me to. At the end of sandman they jump around alot and it can get pretty de-rythmnizing really quick. I just got by it myself as I don't really care for their stuff as well.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-31-2008, 04:16 PM
I just went back and checked. Turns out I didn't perfect that one. Yet. I have 5 starred it though. It's not like the guitar parts, which are off the chart hard for me. It's in the third teir from the last set of songs in difficulty. I'll work on that one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
And Ben, Metallica is kinda hard for me to. At the end of sandman they jump around alot and it can get pretty de-rythmnizing really quick. I just got by it myself as I don't really care for their stuff as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I had the suspicion... It's like 10 minutes long! With the fastest parts in it that one just can't help but lose the rhythm. Like I said, playing it on Medium makes my leg want to fall off right at the tibialis anterior (http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/sma/legmuscl.gif).

Sorry man. You asked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh, and in regards to the bolded part above, you don't have to apologize for an accomplishment, especially not to me. As some of the imagery on my signature suggests, pride is a virtue. You weren't being a**hole-y about it or anything. I asked because I was curious, and pressed it because I didn't believe anyone could get a perfect on that, not even the guy who originally drummed it, what with the limits and failings of the RB drum kit (i.e. pedal responds a little funny compared to a real drum kit). Anyhow, great job on your score!

And kudos also are in order to Loganissocool for directly calling Doc out on it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. I didn't want to be a doubting Thomas after pressing the issue before. It might've turned into a "pics or it didn't happen" situation, and no one needs that.

mcmax3000
03-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Since we were on the topic of Rock Band DLC, tomorrow's release (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40092) is a free download of 'Still Alive' by Jonathan Coulton, aka, the awesome Portal Credits song.

Slickrick2345
03-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Since we were on the topic of Rock Band DLC, tomorrow's release (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40092) is a free download of 'Still Alive' by Jonathan Coulton, aka, the awesome Portal Credits song. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually its up right now...FOR FREEEEEEEE

OtnemeM_IroM
03-31-2008, 05:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slickrick2345:
Since we were on the topic of Rock Band DLC, tomorrow's release (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40092) is a free download of 'Still Alive' by Jonathan Coulton, aka, the awesome Portal Credits song. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually its up right now...FOR FREEEEEEEE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>AaaaaHH! I just pooped my pants a little.

mcmax3000
03-31-2008, 05:15 PM
It's a fairly easy song, to the point that it would be boring if it was any other song but, being the Portal song, it rules.

OtnemeM_IroM
03-31-2008, 06:18 PM
AaaaaHH! I just pooped my pants a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think I just found my favorite website (http://192.20.225.55/tts/speech/55913cf16eebef439031c19983f8a016.wav).

Slickrick2345
03-31-2008, 07:04 PM
AaaaaHH! I just pooped my pants a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think I just found my favorite website (http://192.20.225.55/tts/speech/55913cf16eebef439031c19983f8a016.wav). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

link doesnt work

OtnemeM_IroM
04-01-2008, 01:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slickrick2345:
AaaaaHH! I just pooped my pants a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think I just found my favorite website (http://192.20.225.55/tts/speech/55913cf16eebef439031c19983f8a016.wav). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

link doesnt work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's just a ****y Text-to-Speech (http://cepstral.com/) page. I typed in "I just pooped my pants a little" and had the computer voice say it. Pretty much laughed myself into a frenzy.

DocHolidazed
04-01-2008, 01:27 AM
"Still Alive" by J. Coulton is pure Nectar!

I'm just sayin'. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

XBLirael
04-01-2008, 09:44 AM
We had an awesome Rock Band party Friday night and Boston was the hit of the night! It was so much fun that the cast is begging for a Rock Band cast party on closing night.

I'll bring my camera next time.