PDA

View Full Version : An interesting question!

danjama
10-24-2005, 10:24 AM
I spose i should of asked this a long time ago, like before i started my film, but how much demand is there, really, for another Western Front, US fighter pilot based tale with a love story twist? Is there any? Can the forum really cope with another one of those? Ive nearly finished it so im releasin it regardless, but i hope people wont feel bored and sick of another one. Theres nice editing, great music, and a story, i just hope that is enough. What do you think? Will you take the time to downlaod and watch it or are people just not interested?

danjama
10-24-2005, 10:24 AM
I spose i should of asked this a long time ago, like before i started my film, but how much demand is there, really, for another Western Front, US fighter pilot based tale with a love story twist? Is there any? Can the forum really cope with another one of those? Ive nearly finished it so im releasin it regardless, but i hope people wont feel bored and sick of another one. Theres nice editing, great music, and a story, i just hope that is enough. What do you think? Will you take the time to downlaod and watch it or are people just not interested?

PBNA-Boosher
10-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Do it from a German perspective, I'd say, there aren't many of those and there are a lot of different ways to approach it. Most people don't realize it's not all "Heil Hitler!" or "Heil mein Fuehrer!"

Many soldiers of the regular Wermacht and Luftwaffe fought because they considered it their duty for their families. Many people in the US can't understand this. WE are too sheltered. The ONLY time we as a country have been invaded by a foreign country itself was in 1812. We do not know the real horror it can instill.

danjama
10-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Too late to do that its nearly finished, however i did consider this idea, and i still am possibly in the future. I actually have a few great ideas im working on right now, as well as the one im tryin to finsih. To bring a movie of a game and add a personal dimension to it really is impressive and touching at once.

Gyro1954
10-24-2005, 09:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Many soldiers of the regular Wermacht and Luftwaffe fought because they considered it their duty for their families. Many people in the US can't understand this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the reason 99% of all armies fight. Having been on this planet in the US for 50+ years, I€ve met few people that believe otherwise. BTW, not looking to start an argument here, my experiences may be different that yours.

Joe-90
10-25-2005, 04:42 AM
Yer, we all (well, most of us) like a good love story.

So stop teasing and let's see it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Monty-Dan
10-25-2005, 05:38 AM
danjama,

I can assure you that i will download, watch and reply as you seem to have made what i class as a "Movie" and not an MTV style "music video".

Over the past 2-3 months no one has released a good quality MOVIE with a sound story and great sound track, but there has been a number of MTV style, quick fire edited, no story type music videos. The differance to me between the two styles is massive.... and the two styles should never be compared due to thier creative differances.

So get it up for download...looking forward to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Monty-Dan

danjama
10-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks for your replies, monty dan and Joe! I will have it done pretty soon, im just tryin my hardest to get the ending the way i want it. Pretty hard to provok feelings in people you know lol. Ill have it posted on here first, be sure!

Ala11_Izan
10-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Hello everybody.

Of course I will download your movie. Since I saw "Adtler Tag", I'm a great fan of this kind of movies.

I'm still making my own movie. It will be seen from the German prespective. I think you will all enjoy it, specially if you know something about the sinking of the Marat!

Bye!

Joe-90
10-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Ala11_Izan, naughty naughty, putting a shameless plug in another man's thread!

*cough* Faith Hope & Charity *cough*

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif