PDA

View Full Version : Does time compression reduce fatigue?

IsorukuYamamoto
03-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Is it me, or do our sailors become less tired if we use time compression? If I run in real time, it seems I have to swap 'em out every half hour or so. But I can run half a day in time compression before anyone gets tired. I wonder if the program is looking at player-time rather than game-time when assessing fatigue.

Johnny_JG2
03-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Fatigue doesn't take effect at all when at 64x compression and above. This means that tired guys will stay tired, and rested guys stay rested.

n 32x and below, watch out - cuz all of your sailors are afflicted with serious cases of narcolepsy.

one.zero
03-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Why is the crew managment not programable. Like having your xo set the rotations....then they are automatic untill you choose to intervine.

This is a major pain!! I like the feature, but it's far from complete. It needs to be programable.

Hopefully someone in here will do the work that others, (the dev's) were paid and tasked to do....The first time!

Aragorn87
03-28-2005, 11:39 PM
i concur

Shockwave74
03-29-2005, 02:46 AM
Yes, at 64x and above, the fatigue is no more calculated.

We can presume the AI manages the crew for us. Organizing turnations. So until you put your hands into it again (F7 ---> and crew management goes back to 32x) the crew is not fatigued because so far the AI has arranged the shifts.

I like to think in a simulation way...at 64x + , they are on cruising...and even if u assign the WO on bridge, he won't stay there for the whole night, he will move, take naps etc.

Just trying to give a logical explanation but i very well know it is a bug.
Yet there's no solution. At 32x the game is sooooooo long http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

TASKFORCE1x1
04-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Topic moved to Com. Help April 4 2004.