View Full Version : Least Favorite Map

ChaosTheory13
04-22-2005, 09:26 PM

ChaosTheory13
04-22-2005, 09:26 PM
for singleplayer only.

Chaos4Sure
04-22-2005, 09:29 PM
I enjoyed them all. Displace was my fav. Battery had the rocket. Id say Seoul.

Rbdb1R
04-22-2005, 11:56 PM
seoul and battery sucked....majorly

FN57
04-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Seoul is my favorite and Battry, while the end of the level is good, the beginning and middle aren't spectacular.

stealthmaster736
04-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Seoul, the level design wasn't that unique.Seoul and Battery are my 2 least favorite levels.But Battery had a more unique level design, so Seoul is my least favorite.But I still liked them either way.I liked all the levels.

ColdRecon
04-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Chaos4Sure...what is the purpose of your sig?

Knot3D
04-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Displace or Bank sucked the most imho. I guess Bank then. It looked nice, but...it wasn't really tense or something. Maybe the relaxed loungy music is to blame...

AlexeiSeptimus
04-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Seoul was my least favorite because it couldn't decide whether or not it was going to be linear or non-linear. As long as the designer picks one and sticks with it (that is, linear with an immersive, but scripted effect or non-linear with freedom, but less novel surroundings) its fine. But Seoul had all the banality of non-linearity with all the scriptedness of linearity, and it was dull.

On that note, Kokubo Sosho, as gorgeous and at times creative as it was, was extremely anti-climactic. They tried to make it like CIA in SC and LAX in PT, but they didn't pull it off. The sneaks were easy, the level design was bland, and the encounter with Otomo, which you expect to be picturesqe, consists solely of playing paramedic. Though not my least favorite level in the strict sense, it was easily the most disappointing.

BiG_FaT_SpErM
04-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Battery and Seoul seemed to stray a bit from your objective (getting Shetland) Battery i thought wasnt that bad. Seoul was a bit linear and tryed to be good with its two parts which i thought the idea was good but i didnt really like it. Plus the UAV's are so unrealistic and why can the tanks see you when youa re in the dark.

Bank is the best IMO

shadownet_spy04
04-24-2005, 04:47 AM
Soul is my least favorite level for all the reasons that others have listed. I actually thought battery was pretty cool. I at some point figured out an alternate path that definatly made life easyer on Battery.

Dangerous_388
04-24-2005, 06:05 AM
I didnt like battery and seoul was great

SoulFire382
04-24-2005, 06:41 AM
I really didn't like battery. It was too linear.
Why is displace on the list, anyway? If any, Displace is the mission most like CIA or LAX, IMO.

FN57
04-24-2005, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BiG_FaT_SpErM:
Battery and Seoul seemed to stray a bit from your objective (getting Shetland) Battery i thought wasnt that bad. Seoul was a bit linear and tryed to be good with its two parts which i thought the idea was good but i didnt really like it. Plus the UAV's are so unrealistic and why can the tanks see you when youa re in the dark.

Bank is the best IMO <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The tanks won't see you in the dark, and neither would the UAVs if you disable those active radar laptops. When you resque the pilots, disable the radar first on top of the building then get the pilots, this way, the tank doesn't spot you. All the vehicles are powered by that active radar, so take it out first, and you have no problems.

I really like the enviroment of seoul and still enjoy it. So it's linear, so was the entire firs game of splinter cell and it was still a brilliant game. I thought displace was rather dull and boring, nothing too exciting happened.

teddaman2
04-24-2005, 01:00 PM
sooul because i hate the umv's, though it does add a challenge.