PDA

View Full Version : Won't change stages

Glenn711
07-20-2006, 08:48 PM
I've had a recent problem with Far Cry. I'm on the Control stage, and when I get to the end of it, I do not change stages. I'm at the right spot, hell it even worked once, then when I died and it went to load a checkpoint, my list was gone. It had done it before, so no biggie.

Later that night, I tried to get the Co-Op patch working (to no avail). In the process, I updated to 1.33, installed the Co-Op patch, and got nothing going on it. Unfortunately, one of these actions corrupted my single player experience as well. The game no longer changes the stage. My weapon goes down, music changes to the victory song, but I don't change stages. Monsters can still attack me, everything. I thought "No big deal" the first time and looked up the commands to change maps. However, this greatly hurts your ammo supply to do this at the end of every stage, and I also just don't like it (as it still feels like cheating).

In summary, my game ran fine before. I updated to 1.33, installed the Co-Op patch (I've since uninstalled it), and since I've had problems continuing to the end of the stage.

In the event this is unfixable, is the "Profiles" folder in the Far Cry directory the only folder I need to keep my game? Thanks in advance for the help.

-Glenn

Glenn711
07-20-2006, 08:48 PM
I've had a recent problem with Far Cry. I'm on the Control stage, and when I get to the end of it, I do not change stages. I'm at the right spot, hell it even worked once, then when I died and it went to load a checkpoint, my list was gone. It had done it before, so no biggie.

Later that night, I tried to get the Co-Op patch working (to no avail). In the process, I updated to 1.33, installed the Co-Op patch, and got nothing going on it. Unfortunately, one of these actions corrupted my single player experience as well. The game no longer changes the stage. My weapon goes down, music changes to the victory song, but I don't change stages. Monsters can still attack me, everything. I thought "No big deal" the first time and looked up the commands to change maps. However, this greatly hurts your ammo supply to do this at the end of every stage, and I also just don't like it (as it still feels like cheating).

In summary, my game ran fine before. I updated to 1.33, installed the Co-Op patch (I've since uninstalled it), and since I've had problems continuing to the end of the stage.

In the event this is unfixable, is the "Profiles" folder in the Far Cry directory the only folder I need to keep my game? Thanks in advance for the help.

-Glenn

Glenn711
07-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Um, weird.

I started a new profile, to see if maybe just my profile was corrupted. This new character has the weapons of my other Profile before it started acting oddly. What the...?

fabulouscoops
07-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Game saves in one patch version will not be compatable with different patches. If your saves are not from 1.33 than they may not work properly. You may need to start the game over.

Also, the co-op mod is not compatable with the single player game. The most common problem is failure of the levels to end properly, as you have found.

Glenn711
07-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Okay, thanks for the quick response, just gonna reinstall and start over http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Such a good game...