PDA

View Full Version : Send this complaint email to Ubisoft if you agree to it

Traductor
09-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi, guys,

I have played like 10 matches today and 7 of them have crashed during the game due to disconnection of one of the players. I guess it has been the same for you.

I sent 2 emails around one week ago to Ubisoft about this and other issues (other players have send their emails too) and I have not received any answer whatsoever about it. Not even the number of days they take to give support to their clients. In Blizzard they answer you within 48 hours (normally within the first 12 hours).

Since they are not answering or fixing the bugs for their clients (that's what we are, paying clients)... we should do something about it.

I have designed a very simple complaint template so you can all copy and paste it in your email application ONLY if you agree to it (you can also modify it however you want to). Send it to ruse.community@ubisoft.com, it seems this is the right address to do so.

Also, if you have friends on Steam who play RUSE but don't read the forums, you can paste them the template so they can send it too. The more people who send this email, the more likely they are going to work on accelerating the patch release.

------------------ START OF EMAIL COMPLAINT TEMPLATE for ruse.community@ubisoft.com ---------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have purchased R.U.S.E. recently and have realised that it has some major bugs:
1. When a person disconnects from one game (or loses his/her Internet connection) the game crashes almost every time for the rest of the players, who have to surrender and therefore add a defeat to their statistics.
2. A lot of people have been losing all their experience points overnight (it seems that this is due to synchronizing issues).
3. Some of the maps have flat regions on the borders where only planes can go, which make people defenseless against what should be an "illegal" attack.

The game has been released for about 3 weeks now and the problems I just mentioned were raised from day one. That is plenty of time for a big company like Ubisoft to fix them.

I want to know what are you doing to solve these major bugs and when are you going to release a patch to fix them.

Kindest Regards,
A client who paid around 50 for what it was supposed to be a finished product.

------------------ END OF EMAIL COMPLAINT TEMPLATE for ruse.community@ubisoft.com ---------------------

Sending the email will not take you more than 15 seconds (I guess that if you can take 3 trucks and 2 buildings in the first 5 seconds of the game, you can copy and paste in 15 seconds)

Have a nice day and enjoy,
A gamer who paid around 50 for what it was supposed to be a finished product.

Traductor
09-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi, guys,

I have played like 10 matches today and 7 of them have crashed during the game due to disconnection of one of the players. I guess it has been the same for you.

I sent 2 emails around one week ago to Ubisoft about this and other issues (other players have send their emails too) and I have not received any answer whatsoever about it. Not even the number of days they take to give support to their clients. In Blizzard they answer you within 48 hours (normally within the first 12 hours).

Since they are not answering or fixing the bugs for their clients (that's what we are, paying clients)... we should do something about it.

I have designed a very simple complaint template so you can all copy and paste it in your email application ONLY if you agree to it (you can also modify it however you want to). Send it to ruse.community@ubisoft.com, it seems this is the right address to do so.

Also, if you have friends on Steam who play RUSE but don't read the forums, you can paste them the template so they can send it too. The more people who send this email, the more likely they are going to work on accelerating the patch release.

------------------ START OF EMAIL COMPLAINT TEMPLATE for ruse.community@ubisoft.com ---------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have purchased R.U.S.E. recently and have realised that it has some major bugs:
1. When a person disconnects from one game (or loses his/her Internet connection) the game crashes almost every time for the rest of the players, who have to surrender and therefore add a defeat to their statistics.
2. A lot of people have been losing all their experience points overnight (it seems that this is due to synchronizing issues).
3. Some of the maps have flat regions on the borders where only planes can go, which make people defenseless against what should be an "illegal" attack.

The game has been released for about 3 weeks now and the problems I just mentioned were raised from day one. That is plenty of time for a big company like Ubisoft to fix them.

I want to know what are you doing to solve these major bugs and when are you going to release a patch to fix them.

Kindest Regards,

------------------ END OF EMAIL COMPLAINT TEMPLATE for ruse.community@ubisoft.com ---------------------

Sending the email will not take you more than 15 seconds (I guess that if you can take 3 trucks and 2 buildings in the first 5 seconds of the game, you can copy and paste in 15 seconds)

A gamer who paid around 50 for what it was supposed to be a finished product.

SnowingThunder
09-27-2010, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Traductor:
Hi, guys,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindest Regards,

A gamer who paid around 50 for what it was supposed to be a finished product. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually many of these issue were mentioned during both the Beta and free trail weekend. Included the removal of the Regional Lock. You can write all the letters you want but it won't do any good it's obvious this company moves at a snails pace. Many people I talk to have moved on, RUSE is past news for them. This game is in eopordy of dying off fast, may already be dead? Too bad.

TGApples
09-27-2010, 02:27 PM
1) Never had this problem.
2) Not had this problem with ranked. Don't really care about unranked as they are pretty meaningless.
3) Fine with me.

I'm actually very happy with the game. I must admit other peoples' tales of woe do worry me with regards to it's long-term survivability, but I don't feel I can send this letter based on my experiences as I have had a very positive experience.

CoffeePHRESH
09-27-2010, 02:39 PM
They've already said what they're doing about the bugs. There's going to be a patch.

Traductor
09-27-2010, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TGApples:
1) Never had this problem.
2) Not had this problem with ranked. Don't really care about unranked as they are pretty meaningless.
3) Fine with me.

I'm actually very happy with the game. I must admit other peoples' tales of woe do worry me with regards to it's long-term survivability, but I don't feel I can send this letter based on my experiences as I have had a very positive experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I clearely explained that you should send it ONLY if you agreed to it, so no need to make this reply. You do not agre, so don't send it... end of story.
Anyway, everybody is experiencing some of these issues and everybody is talking frequently about the bugs during the games and in the forums, so what are you talking about? Are you sure you are playing RUSE?

Traductor
09-27-2010, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoffeePHRESH:
They've already said what they're doing about the bugs. There's going to be a patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course there's going to be a patch, that's obvious, it's their legal obligation. The question is when. The should give us a date. They are saying that these issues were mentioned already in the beta. Is it legal to sell a product that has major bugs? I have not been able to finish more of 50% of the games I've started the last few days. And I paid 100% of the game prize... If you buy 10 litres of water but 5 litres are not drinkable what would you do?

TGApples
09-27-2010, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Traductor:
Anyway, everybody is experiencing some of these issues and everybody is talking frequently about the bugs during the games and in the forums, so what are you talking about? Are you sure you are playing RUSE? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Everybody is? Are you sure? I have not had any of the three points you listed signficantly alter my experience. I think you're also mistaken that everybody is talking about it. I would imagine it's only those with the problems that are talking about it... the people who are hapilly getting on and playing the game have no reason to make a noise.

CoffeePHRESH
09-27-2010, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoffeePHRESH:
They've already said what they're doing about the bugs. There's going to be a patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course there's going to be a patch, that's obvious, it's their legal obligation. The question is when. The should give us a date. They are saying that these issues were mentioned already in the beta. Is it legal to sell a product that has major bugs? I have not been able to finish more of 50% of the games I've started the last few days. And I paid 100% of the game prize... If you buy 10 litres of water but 5 litres are not drinkable what would you do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point is that emailing them won't mean anything if they're already adressing the problem.

Tyefen
09-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Of course there's going to be a patch, that's obvious, it's their legal obligation. The question is when. The should give us a date. They are saying that these issues were mentioned already in the beta. Is it legal to sell a product that has major bugs? I have not been able to finish more of 50% of the games I've started the last few days. And I paid 100% of the game prize... If you buy 10 litres of water but 5 litres are not drinkable what would you do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Atta boy! Stand up and be heard!

Your message is severely flawed, however. They can sell you poop on a stick and if you buy it, you bought it.

People are replacing consumer awareness with fanatical self righteousness at an alarming pace.

Traductor
09-27-2010, 11:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TGApples:
Everybody is? Are you sure? I have not had any of the three points you listed signficantly alter my experience. I think you're also mistaken that everybody is talking about it. I would imagine it's only those with the problems that are talking about it... the people who are hapilly getting on and playing the game have no reason to make a noise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is really weird... Every time a game crashes, before exiting I say something like "not again..." on the chat for all and every time people reply with comments like "this is the third time today" or "damned bug" or "I hope they fix these bugs soon". So if every time a game crashes it crashes for all the people I'm playing with, it's normal I assume it's happening to everybody...

OV-Fellblade
09-28-2010, 02:24 AM
I think you're using some incorrect terminology here - you're saying that every time that someone leaves the game 'it crashes' and everyone 'has to surrender'.

If the game crashed, you wouldn't be able to surrender, or talk about it in the chat afterwards.

Do you mean that when one person drops, the game ends?

I haven't seen this issue myself.

Eug_L_ange
09-28-2010, 03:19 AM
1) It is not a crash or you would not be able to surrender. There is a fix in the patch.

2) Yes, it is a problem of syncro with Steam Cloud), we can't do anything.

3) Not a bug, and not really a problem, you can make plane too and you can make AA on the border.

The patch is being tested. It will be released soon (I hope).

IkbenhetHans
09-28-2010, 05:04 AM
1) did have this problem a LOT in Free Weekend. Since I set my graphics to Very Low problem was solved (I do have onboard 3200 GPU).
Maybe your settings are to high?

Thorinbur
10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
It seams that the game is EXTREMELY affected by even minimal slowdown in your system. It is resource heavy (on the other hand when i accidentally started game 3v0 (yeah you can do that) and we were building Admins, a lot of admins, and than A lot of units
(we had like 11k cash at some moment) I was able to produce more than 100 uits in single order (light tanks) we had stacks of HUNDREDS of units, and game crashed for both my friends at the very end when we moved all the armies (more than thousand units) Game auto-kicked them. So i do not understand why it is so easily affected in other multiplayer games. But anyway. I had for example to turn off sound effects in my sound card, cos in rare occasions it caused me being disconnected (but softly, it was not breaking game for others, others saw that as me surrendering and for me everybody else was surrendering.) due to high CPU usage. And also sometime steam gets realy busy with something cosing me to lag, but most of the time steam lags stabilize themselves soon enough.
Anyway:
1)I had no freezes after someone drops after the patch.
2)Levels are back. It was steams fault.
3)Fine with me. I sometimes use it. Not a bug since you can do same yourself.

Only big bugs are lobbies that are very glitchy. Basicly after someone leaves lobby it is best to rehost it. And desync issue that is already fixed. We are just waiting for the patch to go trough official canals to steam. So it is slowly getting better. I would risk statement that game is playable again, and for sure will be when desync path will hit steam.

saminskip
10-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Man, I haven't seen a good complaint about "planes can go around the edges" for awhile.

Thorinbur
10-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Last time i saw such was beta, people learned to live with it and use it for their needs.

CoffeePHRESH
10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
WHY
DID
YOU
BUMP
THIS?
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Alcapwn611
08-18-2011, 03:48 AM
Dear Ubisoft

I have recently purchased From Dust through Steam and the CD key does not work. I find this very unprofessional and would like a refund being that Steam does not supply any refunds at this moment at time.

Deagle105
08-18-2011, 05:46 AM
Since when do you get Keys when you order a game through Steam?!

eagle-vision96
06-19-2012, 02:18 PM
hello ubisoft

me and my friend would like to play hype the time quest again. only we cant because it is for windows XP.
i heard many men on the internet wo want to play it 2.
could you guys make it for windows 7. i would like to buy the game again for 60 euro.
and my friends 2. i hope you will give a reaction. or give a hint how 2 play it.
because i realy want to play it.

see you later daan. bouwmans