PDA

View Full Version : installation problems (.dat)

Ryho
01-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi, I have a problem I haven't seen anywhere.
Installing URU takes forever and when it is finally done there is a message that says something like "URU has been installed successfully, although there are som errors, check installation log".

Well, I checked the installation log and some .dat files have this message:
Install File:
C:\Program\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst\dat\dat_0345
Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGnd: Permission denied

The first time I installed URU it worked, since then I had to do som remodelling of my computer and among other things uninstalled URU.

Any ideas?

/Lars

Ryho
01-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi, I have a problem I haven't seen anywhere.
Installing URU takes forever and when it is finally done there is a message that says something like "URU has been installed successfully, although there are som errors, check installation log".

Well, I checked the installation log and some .dat files have this message:
Install File:
C:\Program\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst\dat\dat_0345
Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGnd: Permission denied

The first time I installed URU it worked, since then I had to do som remodelling of my computer and among other things uninstalled URU.

Any ideas?

/Lars

Heimdall_G
01-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Uru installation shouldn't take all that long. The fact that it does for you says that there are problems, all right. You should uninstall Uru, and reinstall again.

The 'remodelling' may be at least partly responsible for your problems. What did you do?

Remodelling aside, uninstall Uru completely, deleting all Uru folders and subfolders found in Program Files. Plus, if you know what you're doing (and ONLY if you know what you're doing) go through the Registry and delete all references to Cyan and Uru. Before you delete the Uru folders, back up the \sav folder and its subfolders, since that's where off-line game progress is saved.

Reinstall Uru. Halt all of the background processes you can, especially anti-virus programs, before you reinstall. If you're overclocking your CPU and/or video card, put everything back to OEM specs, before you reinstall.

When the reinstall is finished, reboot. Copy the saved \sav and subs over the fresh-install \sav and subs. Start Uru.

In Live as -- Heimdall
KI 89512
For the latest info, go here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=7441034)

Ryho
01-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the fast reply.

I'm a bit embarrased about this because here I've been searching the forum for a couple of days installing, reinstalling, downloading drivers and so on when I finally thought about cleaning the CD.

It works just fine.
Elvis has left the building, thank you very much!

/Lars