PDA

View Full Version : Error: unable to initialize graphics engine

redjackle46
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
i keep getting a message that says unable to initialize graphics engine. I got the right video card and ram and everything but why does this keep showing up. It wont even let me start the game.

redjackle46
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
i keep getting a message that says unable to initialize graphics engine. I got the right video card and ram and everything but why does this keep showing up. It wont even let me start the game.

XxMastrAssassinx
10-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? What system are you on? What are your computer's specs? If vista, have you tried to run in compatiblity mode? Have you updated the game?

citybuilder
10-02-2007, 07:56 AM
What video card do you actually have?

PWH
10-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Might be the refresh rate for your monitor, check your config file.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6061083365/m/8101048685

gamegurlannoyed
12-13-2007, 05:04 PM
I get the same thing every single time. It stinks cause I paid out the nose for a game I can't even play and I have no idea what to do to fix it. If it's the hardware of the card I don't know what I can do about it.

BTOG46
12-13-2007, 06:27 PM
What graphics card do you have? and is your computer a laptop or a desktop?

citybuilder
12-14-2007, 01:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamegurlannoyed:
I get the same thing every single time. It stinks cause I paid out the nose for a game I can't even play and I have no idea what to do to fix it. If it's the hardware of the card I don't know what I can do about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's your video card not being up to snuff to play the game then you would need to buy a new video card with the features that the game requires.

On many other games the most common problem that I've read about for this particular error message has been because the user was using a built in video chip instead of a real video card. When they bought a video card and had it installed the game in question fired right up and played fine. People need to read the minimum spec requirements before buying their games to prevent buying a game that might require more hardware than they actually have in their computers.

Anyway, let us know what type of video card you have and maybe there will be a way to help you without having to buy a new video card, but chances are if your running with a video chip instead of a real video card then...

Anyway... Let us know what you have.

jonquill
10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
I have a nvidia GeForce Go 6150 and i keep getting the same error: unable to initialize graphics engine. What can I do to fix this prob?

BTOG46
10-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Could you post a dxdiag please, that video chip is a bit borderline for the game, and it may depend on the rest of the laptop as to whether you'll be able to run the game.

Dxdiag instructions:
------------------------------------------------
Windows XP:
Click Start &gt; Run... type dxdiag
click OK.
wait until it's finished gathering the information.
Click Save All Information. Open the file in Notepad, select all, copy then paste the complete text into a post.
Windows Vista:
In the Search box (just above the Start button) type dxdiag
hit Enter.
wait until it's finished gathering the information.
Click Save All Information. Open the file in Notepad, select all, copy then paste the complete text into a post.

dauts21
01-17-2012, 12:29 AM
HELLO EVERYONE I HAVE RESOLVED THE TROUBLE PEOPLE ARE HAVING WITH CANNOT INITIALIZE GRAPHICS ENGINE. I DID NOT HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER GRAPHICS CARD LIKE MOST OF THESE TECHS ARE SAYING, SIMPLY BECAUSE IT'S THE EASY AND COSTLY WAY OF SOLVING IT. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS SIMPLY... ^(^$@*(@$9**%2

SORRY MY COMPUTER GOT MEST UP THERE FOR A SECOND. JUST SIMPLY UPDATE YOUR GRAOHICS CARD DRIVER.

THERE ARE MANY WAYS YOU CAN GO ABOUT DOING THIS. THE WAY I DID IT WAS BY DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM CALLED PARETO LOGIC PC HEALTH AND THEN SCANNING MY COMPUTER DRIVERS. ONCE YOU OPEN THE PROGRAM GO TO MANAGE DRIVES OR DRIVE MANAGER AND SCAN DRIVES. THE GRAPHICS AND SOUND CARD SHOULD POP UP AND SAY THEY NEED TO BE UPDATE. JUST GO AHEAD AND DO IT AND NOW IT RESTART AND IT SHOULD WORK. IF YOU NEED HELP YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT DAYTON.ARCE@FIU.EDU

I FOUND PARETO LOGIC PC HEALTH ON THEPIRATEBAY.ORG

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6729106/PC_Health_Advisor_3.1.0.23_(Full_Activation)___wit h_PATCH_INSIDE

ter45dhun
07-17-2012, 09:55 PM
i too had the same problem with tony hawks pro skater 4. if it cant initialize the graphics you probably need a new graphics card. go buy a new one with the graphic requirements. you can also update you card instead of getting a new one.(this is what i recommend.)To learn how to update it you can go to
the eHow page for it!! (http://www.ehow.com/how_4809498_update-graphics-card.html)

if you have anymore questions you can always contact me by email!!

dhunter721@yahoo.com

or my google account:

mrbugcatcher@gmail.com

thanx!!

:)