PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Might and Magic: QftDBS

GhostDracolich
09-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Anyone ever played that game? That game was so painful... And it looks exactly like Heroes V...

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/452840.asp

GhostDracolich
09-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Anyone ever played that game? That game was so painful... And it looks exactly like Heroes V...

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/452840.asp

Campaigner_1st
09-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Once a polytime there was a greedy **** known as Trip Hawkins. This worthless excuse for a CEO wanted to make more money without investing any so he ordered the production of Kings Bounty on the PS2!
It's Kings Bounty on the PS2 with upgraded graphics!

Dark_Wraith
09-12-2005, 10:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GhostDracolich:
And it looks exactly like Heroes V...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep, agree ^^

Dark_Magiks
09-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Well I wouldnt say EXACTLY, I mean it has similar graphics but it doesnt look the same to me.

GhostDracolich
09-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Has 3D Graphics and a Square Grid. I just remember the combat being so horrible. This game is the reason why I'm against the square grid approach.

Magic_stick
09-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Yeah, you're right...
But who the hell wants to play Heroes on the ps2????
I can't belive that it's funny to play with a dammned joypad...hahaha
you will have at least one minute to move you're hero from one point to an other... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

bogyvaly
09-12-2005, 11:43 AM
There is something I don't understand!? They have the legal right to name it "Heroes of Might and Magic"?

Aseved
09-12-2005, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They have the legal right to name it "Heroes of Might and Magic"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, they had (the game was released some years ago, by 3DO, the former owner of the brand).

And it is not only they had the legal right, but one could argue they were also not wrong morally, as the game is a remake of King's Bounty, also familiarly known as Heroes of Might & Magic 0, as it was the game Heroes of Might & Magic 1 expanded from. However, King's Bounty gameplay (or Quest for Dragonbone Staff, wich is the same) is not exactly the same as heroes.

Werether it was a good remake or a disastrous one, I can't tell, I never had a PS2

GhostDracolich
09-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Who developed it actually? Was it NWC or some other company given the license?

MurzuX
09-13-2005, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GhostDracolich:
Who developed it actually? Was it NWC or some other company given the license? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Credits:
€ Developer: The 3DO Company, New World Computing
€ Publisher: The 3DO Company
€ Distributor: Ingram Entertainment, Electro Source, Fillpoint, AEC

Seems like that NWC made it, but the original King's Bounty was NWC made, so it could have been done by some 3rd faction. Wasn't the HoMM4 done also by 3rd faction (there is NWC markings in the box, but I have read somewhere that it wasn't actually fully made by NWC?

nicktg
09-14-2005, 03:19 AM
so basically, version five won`t be the first 3d heroes game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Marcusml333
09-14-2005, 08:54 AM
I really like the music(, as always).

GhostDracolich
09-14-2005, 03:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MurzuX:
Who developed it actually? Was it NWC or some other company given the license? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Credits:
€ Developer: The 3DO Company, New World Computing
€ Publisher: The 3DO Company
€ Distributor: Ingram Entertainment, Electro Source, Fillpoint, AEC

Seems like that NWC made it, but the original King's Bounty was NWC made, so it could have been done by some 3rd faction. Wasn't the HoMM4 done also by 3rd faction (there is NWC markings in the box, but I have read somewhere that it wasn't actually fully made by NWC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heroes 4 was developed by the Heroes Team. However, the Heroes team had changed a little due to some death threats about the H3 Expansion set about the Forge. Thats why H3AB was not that great, since it did seem they were intending to add a new unit to each town but made them all neutral and took the elemental neutrals and made them into a town.
I wonder if the person who sent that threat is on these boards? Would be kind of scary.

The real question is, what exactly happened to the first 3D MM? MM9 was really bad...

Kareeah_Indaga
09-14-2005, 05:02 PM
The real question is, what exactly happened to the first 3D MM? MM9 was really bad... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nine months of development time happened, or so I€ve heard.