PDA

View Full Version : It was nice while it lasted.

pnwdom
11-02-2011, 07:01 AM
The other day, my computer crashed, and would not restart.

I had to do a system recovery to fix the problem. When I went to play SH4, I found that my settings had been reset, and I was playing the game in easy mode (I play normal usually). That was not a big problem and I was prepared to live with it.

Suddenly the lookouts cried out as a convoy appeard on the horizon and I went into action. I started counting merchants and came up with 12! After playing this game for hundreds of hours, this was the first convoy I had ever seen with more the 8 merchants. (As an aside, I am hunting in the Korean straits for the first time).

I got into position and fired on two merchents, AND the little torpedo window opened up like in SH3 (That was my favorite part of sh3).

I went to play again yesterday and settings were back to normal, the torpedo window is gone, but I am still finding convoys with more then 8 merchants in it.

Was the torpedo window always a part of SH4? If it is, is there a setting I need to change in options to get it back?

pnwdom
11-02-2011, 07:01 AM
The other day, my computer crashed, and would not restart.

I had to do a system recovery to fix the problem. When I went to play SH4, I found that my settings had been reset, and I was playing the game in easy mode (I play normal usually). That was not a big problem and I was prepared to live with it.

Suddenly the lookouts cried out as a convoy appeard on the horizon and I went into action. I started counting merchants and came up with 12! After playing this game for hundreds of hours, this was the first convoy I had ever seen with more the 8 merchants. (As an aside, I am hunting in the Korean straits for the first time).

I got into position and fired on two merchents, AND the little torpedo window opened up like in SH3 (That was my favorite part of sh3).

I went to play again yesterday and settings were back to normal, the torpedo window is gone, but I am still finding convoys with more then 8 merchants in it.

Was the torpedo window always a part of SH4? If it is, is there a setting I need to change in options to get it back?

Blowtanks
11-02-2011, 07:34 AM
By torpedo window are you referring to the "event camera"?
If so you can turn it on/off from the office by clicking on the radio and the options.
Otherwise I am not sure what you mean. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

WernherVonTrapp
11-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Yeah, like Blowtanks said, Event Camera is the only thing I can think of that comes close to your description of "torpedo window".

pnwdom
11-02-2011, 08:45 AM
It is the event camera. Thanks for the info. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif