PDA

View Full Version : Server/Client out of sync

Chekote
12-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Me and a friend have been playing Far Cry for a week or so now, and I have noticed that my client gets out of sync with the server.

He hosts the game on a listen server and I connect.

While playing, occasionaly I cannot seem to kill his player. I would lay into him with machine guns etc and it would look like he is getting hurt, but he wouldnt die.

I found out later while talking to him that it seems the client is out of sync, because according to his server, I am not standing where I think I am. The difference can become quite large.

So basicaly I am not even shooting where I think I am...

Is this a known issue, and if so is there a fix??

Thanks in advance.

Chekote
12-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Me and a friend have been playing Far Cry for a week or so now, and I have noticed that my client gets out of sync with the server.

He hosts the game on a listen server and I connect.

While playing, occasionaly I cannot seem to kill his player. I would lay into him with machine guns etc and it would look like he is getting hurt, but he wouldnt die.

I found out later while talking to him that it seems the client is out of sync, because according to his server, I am not standing where I think I am. The difference can become quite large.

So basicaly I am not even shooting where I think I am...

Is this a known issue, and if so is there a fix??

Thanks in advance.

Pvt_James
12-13-2004, 10:24 AM
what connection is the server hosted on?

Chekote
12-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Its just a DSL line. But we only ever play 1-on-1.

P.S. Its not even like its normal lag. Its a semi-permanent out of sync situation. It takes a good few minutes for it to get back to normal.