PDA

View Full Version : Overall-Grade

SlayerGatsu
07-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone, I€m new to the forum and to splinter cell.

So I guess this is the best section to figure out this argument B)

Is Buying chaos theory worth the money and the trouble?

And let me give some clarifications...
Buying splinter cell WAS worth the trouble.
Buying Splinter cell Pandora tomorrow WAS NOT worth the trouble.

As a matter of facts I bought the espionage pack like 5 days ago and I finished the games already in both normal and hard mode.
(Splinter cell in 24H or so & Pandora tomorrow in less then 12H)
In this meaning, if anyone has already finished the game, what would his/her impressions be? Does he/she regret buying it? How long did it take to finish it in default mode?

I€m seriously thinking to buy it, and I would like some opinions about it before risking to waste money B)

SlayerGatsu
07-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone, I€m new to the forum and to splinter cell.

So I guess this is the best section to figure out this argument B)

Is Buying chaos theory worth the money and the trouble?

And let me give some clarifications...
Buying splinter cell WAS worth the trouble.
Buying Splinter cell Pandora tomorrow WAS NOT worth the trouble.

As a matter of facts I bought the espionage pack like 5 days ago and I finished the games already in both normal and hard mode.
(Splinter cell in 24H or so & Pandora tomorrow in less then 12H)
In this meaning, if anyone has already finished the game, what would his/her impressions be? Does he/she regret buying it? How long did it take to finish it in default mode?

I€m seriously thinking to buy it, and I would like some opinions about it before risking to waste money B)

Spekkio9
07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I would put the single player of SCCT second to SC1. Only because SC1 pioneered the franchise. The SP in SCCT is very open: you can go rambo or you can decide not to touch anyone. You also have a ton of new moves, and a newly upgraded graphics engine. For single player, SCPT was easily the worst in the series. If you're worried that it'll be too easy, I would have to say that I found the challenge of SCCT on par with the rest of the franchise (I didn't find SCPT to be much easier than SCCT, although it was much shorter). There are 11 levels in SCCT, plus two bonus ones for SC1 if you buy the deluxe edition or whatever it's called.

The SvM section of SCCT is like one big patch to SCPT multiplayer. There were a couple of gadgets added and some cheap aspects of the game were removed like SS+Jump and the 2,000 ft tazer. There are also only 6 new maps, but there are also a couple of user-made maps that are really good. The community, however, is rather small.

SCCT Coop is unplayable for many, so it's pot luck. I have had no problems playing coop, but I have to use Skype for communication (not a big deal). For others, they either get disgusting frame rates, terrible lag, or just plain cannot connect.

TH-vEteRaN
07-21-2005, 08:00 PM
It would just depends on what you want the game for. If its for co-op... consider X-box version or a game console version, because I believe it doesn't have problems on that? PC Co-op ain't to perfect from all the complaints on the forums as you can see.

SlayerGatsu
07-22-2005, 01:40 PM
yes I can see B)

well so it is better then even the first game, hat's all i was looking for, i'll probably buy it B)

thanks for the fast ansers. and i like single action don't enjoy the co-op toomuch...

thanks a lot B)

TetragrammatonX
07-22-2005, 01:51 PM
It's the best out of the 3 SC games so far. It has the most replay value as well.

My advice: Don't pay 49.95 for it. Quite a few places have it for 29.99. (CompUsa, EB)

kevorjs
07-23-2005, 02:38 AM
If you liked thief you'll love this, and if it's for coop, nobody can play pc and there will be little people for xbox, because of the DLC.