PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP!!! Can't Run Game due to "Protection System"

siver1979
06-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Hello,

I just purchased my copy of SHIII today via online special from BoontyGames.com...

My Code was emailed to me right away....

I downloaded and installed the game, and when that was done I ran the autoupdater utility and let it install the latest patch...

Then I tried to launch the game... A window titled "Protection System" comes up blank and does not show anything, after a few minutes windows reports that the "Program is no longer responding".

OK, so I booted into safemode and tried again, this time the "Protection System" program runs, but when I copy / paste the code it tells me that it's an invalid code. I've tried everyting thing I can think of with this, I've been all over the Ubi-Soft forums and support site and tried all the key-codes posted there as well.

I have also sent emails to BoontyGames.com, Star-Force.com, and Ubi-Soft as well.

Basically it boils down to this, I did not pay good money for this TOTAL CR@P. I have no problems with other games on this machine, including World Of Warcraft, and I expect that when I pay for software that it's going to work.

In all my emails I've included this line, and I for D@MN sure mean it...

"Please respond within 10 business days, or I will have no other choice but to contact the BBB and my State Attorney General's office".

Sincerely,

One PO"d Customer!!!!!!!!

siver1979
06-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Hello,

I just purchased my copy of SHIII today via online special from BoontyGames.com...

My Code was emailed to me right away....

I downloaded and installed the game, and when that was done I ran the autoupdater utility and let it install the latest patch...

Then I tried to launch the game... A window titled "Protection System" comes up blank and does not show anything, after a few minutes windows reports that the "Program is no longer responding".

OK, so I booted into safemode and tried again, this time the "Protection System" program runs, but when I copy / paste the code it tells me that it's an invalid code. I've tried everyting thing I can think of with this, I've been all over the Ubi-Soft forums and support site and tried all the key-codes posted there as well.

I have also sent emails to BoontyGames.com, Star-Force.com, and Ubi-Soft as well.

Basically it boils down to this, I did not pay good money for this TOTAL CR@P. I have no problems with other games on this machine, including World Of Warcraft, and I expect that when I pay for software that it's going to work.

In all my emails I've included this line, and I for D@MN sure mean it...

"Please respond within 10 business days, or I will have no other choice but to contact the BBB and my State Attorney General's office".

Sincerely,

One PO"d Customer!!!!!!!!