PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Gidoza
04-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, there was never an editor made for the Mac for Heroes III, so I was wondering if someone could make a few simple modifications to a map for me.

I'm looking at Back For Revenge and Back For Revenge (Allies), if anyone's familiar with the map.

Gidoza
04-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, there was never an editor made for the Mac for Heroes III, so I was wondering if someone could make a few simple modifications to a map for me.

I'm looking at Back For Revenge and Back For Revenge (Allies), if anyone's familiar with the map.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
04-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Yep, I'm familiar with them. What did you need done to them? I can alter them and send them to you...no problem.

Gidoza
04-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Well, first of all, both Dimension Door and Fly were clearly not intended for this map - they entirely defeat the purpose of the border guards, and I've even been able to fly right over the water from the Inferno area and fry the Behemoths easily before ever getting one tent. (although, arguably, Heroes 3 would be better if these two spells never presented themselves in any map)

The Necropolis seems to present two problems with it's starting cover of darkness. First, when playing with other humans, it's rather pointless (it's not like a random map where the cover is useful to hide stuff), but rather just extremely annoying - and makes for a huge disadvantage for Green player who pretty much needs to spare a patrol hero to see whether or not he is being attacked every single turn by a hidden boating hero. Against computers, they simply need to "explore" the "hidden" area...every single turn. Generally, they never take the Necro or Tower castles because of this. I think the best solution would be to utterly disable anyone's ability to build the cover in this castle, and maybe put one of those Cover things somewhere on the island, if it can be fit.

Town Portal: Though I have somewhat the same commentary on DD and Fly that this really shouldn't be in any map, I'm on the wall for this one because it actually helps the computers alot because they use it to make actually impressive forces (unheard of for computers since I usually just consider them a joke), but on the other hand they usually use it really stupidly and TP and totally wrong times. In PvP, a person with TP seems to have a far greater advantage over someone without TP (that is, more of an advantage than one would see in a normal game - due to having many of same castle), the extra forces are slicing and dicing everything. 4 weeks of troops isn't funny. I think this needs to be ousted as well. =/

I'm not too concerned that, say, in red/blue area, the 6th Castle castle is only accessible from Blue's area, because in team game it's fair, but in FFA nobody in their right mind would take the 6th Castle before eliminating their island buddy. On the other hand, the practically unguarded 3 mercury mines near orange as opposed to purple makes for a huge advantage for orange, not to mention that Purple gets perpetually harrassed from everyone coming from the upper-left teleporter. I know these need changing, but I haven't the foggiest idea how.

Sure wish there were enough Mac players around to play games with, though. =/

Gidoza
04-06-2006, 10:17 PM
P.S. -Yes, I'm aware I could have just laid out the instructions, but I'm one for long-winded explanations, and never mind having a conversation on my thoughts where one is possible, even if it deviates from the original topic. =P

Gidoza
04-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Come to think of it, as pointed out in my discussion in the other thread...Berserk overall isn't so bad against other Humans, because they know how to deal with it (unless they simply are horribly unlucky), but the computers are another matter. Since this map has computer-only players, and computer absolutely have no clue what to do about the spell, I opt for removing it, too. One can easily reduce any computer army to rubble by simply using a Berserk spell several times, because they have no idea what the "Cure" or "Dispel" spells are (though I've seen them use them a couple of times. Either way, still pathetic). Furthermore, the computer doesn't use Berserk (or at least, I've never seen it use Berserk), so there's really no point in having it in any computer castle, either. For now I've only been considering that all the H/C slots are Human. If there are more computers, more the worse for them. Conclusion: Remove 'Zerk as well.

Finally, Slayer is a completely pointless spell. Nobody should need to put up with it coming up as one of their level 4's, purely a waste. Remove. =/

This wouldn't be so bad, say...
1. If it affected ALL level 7 units.
2. If it was a mass spell, at any level.
3. The spell simply got stronger at higher levels of fire magic.

This might be different.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
04-07-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm heading in to work shortly, but I should have time to do this sometime tomorrow. Is this okay?

If so, where would you like it sent?

Gidoza
04-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Oh, anytime is fine, no rush.

Gidoza@shaw.ca

Be sure to do both versions, please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This is much appreciated, thank you!

Gidoza
07-05-2006, 06:49 PM
It's only been a few months, done, yet?