PDA

View Full Version : Ghost run on Kobin's Mansion

T9X_69
04-16-2010, 12:46 AM
I figured I would try to pull of a ghost run on Kobin's Mansion on Realistic. I was 100% successful up until the point where the video saying Sarah is displayed in the middle of the two sets of stairs, and there's 2 guards standing right at the start of the stairs. Does anyone know if there's a way past them? Its not that big of a deal because the very next part is to interrogate Kobin so you have to kill his guards, but it would be nice if there was a way around. Hell I can even grab Kobin without anyone noticing, but Sam just chokes him and puts him on the floor and then all his guards start shooting me.

T9X_69
04-16-2010, 12:46 AM
I figured I would try to pull of a ghost run on Kobin's Mansion on Realistic. I was 100% successful up until the point where the video saying Sarah is displayed in the middle of the two sets of stairs, and there's 2 guards standing right at the start of the stairs. Does anyone know if there's a way past them? Its not that big of a deal because the very next part is to interrogate Kobin so you have to kill his guards, but it would be nice if there was a way around. Hell I can even grab Kobin without anyone noticing, but Sam just chokes him and puts him on the floor and then all his guards start shooting me.

MrMcFlurgan
04-16-2010, 12:53 AM
I tried to ghost it too until I got there. They never move on there own and I tried slowly crouching past and looking for things to climb on but it seems like there is no way.

T9X_69
04-16-2010, 12:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrMcFlurgan:
I tried to ghost it too until I got there. They never move on there own and I tried slowly crouching past and looking for things to climb on but it seems like there is no way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yea I even killed them and looked around the room, but the only seems to be the stairs. There's that slight bit of light that's on the stairs that give me away to, it sucks lol.

XInsomX
04-16-2010, 01:07 AM
I tried doing nothing but hand to hand and that doesnt work

xCHEEZUSxOWNS
04-16-2010, 01:08 AM
does anyone know all the maps you can ghost through yet? The only one I know and have done so far is the airfield... I don't remember but White box might be one to?

T9X_69
04-16-2010, 01:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCHEEZUSxOWNS:
does anyone know all the maps you can ghost through yet? The only one I know and have done so far is the airfield... I don't remember but White box might be one to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you do the airfield? The guys by the C4 never move for me and neither does the two guys by the helicopter.

@XInsomX - Hand to hand doesn't count as ghosting :P

XInsomX
04-16-2010, 01:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">@XInsomX - Hand to hand doesn't count as ghosting :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe for amateurs

xChupa
04-16-2010, 01:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T9X_69:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCHEEZUSxOWNS:
does anyone know all the maps you can ghost through yet? The only one I know and have done so far is the airfield... I don't remember but White box might be one to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you do the airfield? The guys by the C4 never move for me and neither does the two guys by the helicopter.

@XInsomX - Hand to hand doesn't count as ghosting :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For ghosting are you allowed to use distractions - ie Sticky Camera noise, shooting pistol, ect?

If so then you could just distract the guards to get past at the stairs right? If not, then i dont know how.

T9X_69
04-16-2010, 01:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XInsomX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">@XInsomX - Hand to hand doesn't count as ghosting :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe for amateurs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the amateurs are the ones who think ghosting is no shooting or only using hand to hand. When its really no killing at all, or disrupting the environment.

@XChupa - nope you cant use anything, no guns, no hand to hand, no distracting the guards. Hence the word Ghost, it can be pretty difficult on that level but it can be done up until that point.

CoJ_Fan_87
04-16-2010, 01:38 AM
I love how some lightsiders were all like "It's totally possible to go through THE WHOLE GAME 100% pure stealth."

And then I see threads like this.

lol

altair2nd
04-16-2010, 01:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoJ_Fan_87:
I love how some lightsiders were all like "It's totally possible to go through THE WHOLE GAME 100% pure stealth."

lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And I'd love to see you quote the person that said that.

T9X_69
04-16-2010, 01:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoJ_Fan_87:

lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stealth, yea, up until the point where they force you to engage like I mentioned in my OP. Ghosting, no, they are two different things. Think before you speak.

CoJ_Fan_87
04-16-2010, 01:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T9X_69:

lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stealth, yea, up until the point where they force you to engage like I mentioned in my OP. Ghosting, no, they are two different things. Think before you speak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But as you pointed out, clearly there are points in the game where you are forced to engage enemies, which means the absence of both true stealth and ghosting.

In the previous SC titles, it really was possible to go through an ENTIRE mission with 100% true stealth/ghosting and WITHOUT forced confrontation.

xCHEEZUSxOWNS
04-16-2010, 01:49 AM
i meant ghosting in this version of the game, sorry. I only allow myself to use one gadget to lure the people that stand in the way under a light.

T9X_69
04-16-2010, 01:52 AM

lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stealth, yea, up until the point where they force you to engage like I mentioned in my OP. Ghosting, no, they are two different things. Think before you speak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But as you pointed out, clearly there are points in the game where you are forced to engage enemies, which means the absence of both true stealth and ghosting.

In the previous SC titles, it really was possible to go through an ENTIRE mission with 100% true stealth/ghosting and WITHOUT forced confrontation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And your point? The story of the game is to find the killer of Sam's daughter, so of course at some point your going to have to engage. Its not like Sam's going to give them a slap on the wrist just because you want to go through the whole game without killing one person.

Also being stealth has nothing to do with killing, its about being and staying undetected even if you kill people. Ghosting on the other hand means no kills at all. Typing 100% true stealth/ghosting is a false statement because once again, stealth, and ghosting are different.

CoJ_Fan_87
04-16-2010, 01:58 AM

lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the previous SC titles, it really was possible to go through an ENTIRE mission with 100% true stealth/ghosting and WITHOUT forced confrontation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And your point? The story of the game is to find the killer of Sam's daughter, so of course at some point your going to have to engage. Its not like Sam's going to give them a slap on the wrist just because you want to go through the whole game without killing one person.

Also being stealth has nothing to do with killing, its about being and staying undetected even if you kill people. Ghosting on the other hand means no kills at all. Typing 100% true stealth/ghosting is a false statement because once again, stealth, and ghosting are different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The '/' symbol is synonymous with "and/or".

T9X_69
04-16-2010, 02:00 AM

lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also being stealth has nothing to do with killing, its about being and staying undetected even if you kill people. Ghosting on the other hand means no kills at all. Typing 100% true stealth/ghosting is a false statement because once again, stealth, and ghosting are different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The '/' symbol is synonymous with "and/or". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that, but you seem to think ghosting and stealth are the same thing. So by the way your talking its obvious to assume when you used / you considered them the same thing.

ClingingMars
04-16-2010, 02:11 AM

lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on your definition of "stealth". In this game, mine is killing everyone before they figure out what's going on.

Now shoo, people are playing games here.