PDA

View Full Version : time, points and live stock matches ACR

Grygier
06-21-2011, 05:00 PM
i'm not sure if this should go into the multiplayer modes topic because it's not really a mode since it can be applied to all.

In ACR i would like to see game type options when selecting what you wish to play.

<LI> Time duration: the current one we experience 10min wanted ext...

<LI>Point Goals: First Player to reach 10,000... 50,000 wins whatever is appropriate. Meant for more lengthy matches.

<LI>Live Stock: My favorite and i really hope Ubi might listen... You only have certain amount of lives 3-5 afterwards you are out until winner remains(i guess this could be a mode actually Last man standing...)

Nitrox92
06-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Only appliable in private matches, and life stock is a bad idea in a game where living or dying mostly comes down to luck.

Grygier
06-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Nitrox92:
Only appliable in private matches, and life stock is a bad idea in a game where living or dying mostly comes down to luck.

you know that saying... Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

when players know that they have a limited amount of lives they can't be as risky and careless.

Players will focus more defensively then offensively in matches with live stock... also you only have a limited amount of kills you can get so smart players will aim for the highest.

of course you would still get people that are just goofing off.

najzere
06-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Anything they can add would be fine with me. Definitely needs something to not be the same as Brotherhood.

obliviondoll
06-21-2011, 07:30 PM
As long as these options are locked to defaults in any matches with leaderboards, I'd love to be able to tweak more settings for private matches.

xenokaiser
06-23-2011, 12:21 AM
I strongly agree about the first two ideas, theres not enough time for you to plan anything, its mainly walk or run to your target, use abilities and kill or run.

Stowdace
06-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by xenokaiser:
I strongly agree about the first two ideas, theres not enough time for you to plan anything, its mainly walk or run to your target, use abilities and kill or run.

Agreed, especially since Manhunt appears to last only 8 minutes total.

Smavey
06-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Stowdace:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xenokaiser:

Agreed, especially since Manhunt appears to last only 8 minutes total. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a hopeful feeling that they just cut it down for the demo. lets hope that's true!

Anyway on topic - I like the first idea - not so much the second one. The second one would just be people with guns running around like mad....which now that I think about it.... hmm it's like a superpro match! maybe!

obliviondoll
06-23-2011, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Smavey:
Anyway on topic - I like the first idea - not so much the second one. The second one would just be people with guns running around like mad....which now that I think about it.... hmm it's like a superpro match! maybe!
You'd go SuperPRO to try and get MORE points?

Good luck with that.

Or do you mean the third idea? The "lives limit" one... In which case...

You'd go SuperPRO and expect to die less?

Good luck with that.

I don't see it, honestly...

Nitrox92
06-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Actually, if you're the only superpro in a match it would work. kill off ppl with gun and run around too much for people to be able to catch you without a gun or knives. Still, livesstock is a bad idea. They just can't make it in a way that everyone has only 1 pursuer, meaning that people with multiple pursuers would be at a bigger disadvantage than ever (and that, besides the scoreboard position having some influence on it, does come down to luck). The other problem would be that once there are way too few players alive, it will come down to the cpu to decide who gets a contract and who gets multiple pursuers with no contract.

The only mode this could have a chance to work is assassinate, but then you'd end up with a lot of people bunched up in 1 place waiting for someone else to make the first move, and it would require luck to be the last man standing in that kind of situation.

StarScream391
06-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Nitrox92:
Actually, if you're the only superpro in a match it would work. kill off ppl with gun and run around too much for people to be able to catch you without a gun or knives. Still, livesstock is a bad idea. They just can't make it in a way that everyone has only 1 pursuer, meaning that people with multiple pursuers would be at a bigger disadvantage than ever (and that, besides the scoreboard position having some influence on it, does come down to luck). The other problem would be that once there are way too few players alive, it will come down to the cpu to decide who gets a contract and who gets multiple pursuers with no contract.

The only mode this could have a chance to work is assassinate, but then you'd end up with a lot of people bunched up in 1 place waiting for someone else to make the first move, and it would require luck to be the last man standing in that kind of situation.
Instead of Wanted style, what about Assassinate where you pick your own targets, its fair...

obliviondoll
06-23-2011, 09:53 AM
@Nitrox: You're assuming none of the non-SuperPRO players are willing to climb for the flanking Drop Kill. Or take Knives. I've got a Firecrackers/Knives profile which I can use comfortably at ground level or on rooftops, and I occasionally tweak it or rebuild one of my other profiles with Smoke/Knives depending what's going on in a match - both are pretty good builds for ground-based play vs. roofers.

Grygier
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
i can see the live stock system working really well in modes like wanted... the odds of a 1 on 1 with equal lives would be quite rare.

and when a duel like that even happens it will be pretty intense... if you become a target then it's your goal to stun make him loss the contract and be given it.

this concept is just an option and not be meant to replace anythings existing it's just like selecting a mode... you select wanted and then select what kind of wanted you like to play... Live stock Wanted.

I can only see this be in private options just because it will divide the players to much making finding games pretty hard.