PDA

View Full Version : LAN Problems

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:08 PM
Hi at my school my IT teacher has me and my sixth former friends run a Ghost Recon network gaming club for the lower school.

Our school has all P.C's linked with every pupill having an individual user account... we used to play Ghost Recon by logging onto the Administrator account but too many year 10's got hold of the password.

So my teacher installed GR,DS,and IS onto the Network so people could play the game by logging onto their user and playing it.

But now when we log in and place the Original CD into the drive it says we need to install it.....when we try to run DS and IS with their CD's it says we need to have admin rights.

My teacher has now given everyone acess rights to GR but it still dosnt work can ne1 help sort this problem....

If more info is required i can help as we cant play GR untill we sort this problem http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Thanx
Artanis

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 05:08 PM
Hi at my school my IT teacher has me and my sixth former friends run a Ghost Recon network gaming club for the lower school.

Our school has all P.C's linked with every pupill having an individual user account... we used to play Ghost Recon by logging onto the Administrator account but too many year 10's got hold of the password.

So my teacher installed GR,DS,and IS onto the Network so people could play the game by logging onto their user and playing it.

But now when we log in and place the Original CD into the drive it says we need to install it.....when we try to run DS and IS with their CD's it says we need to have admin rights.

My teacher has now given everyone acess rights to GR but it still dosnt work can ne1 help sort this problem....

If more info is required i can help as we cant play GR untill we sort this problem http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Thanx
Artanis

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 05:58 AM
Is thisa the case with ALL of the new accounts, or just a few?

If ALL, make sure they are part of the admin group, if only a few, then those profiles are probably corrupt and need to be rebuilt.

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 04:57 PM
This is the case with all the accounts
we have tried....but unfortunatly we cant make the accounts part of the admin group as this will give them admin rights

correct??

this includes the ability of changing backgrounds and other peoples folders...and as i mentioned b4 the year 10's gave themselves admin rights after changing the main admin account and they then changed other peoples profiles etc...
and other ******* stunts

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Yes, that will always happen. What you need to do is reinstall the game using the admin account, and that should take care of the problem.

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 04:35 PM
thanks but weve sorted it now

we simply created a new account and restricted their access so they can only play ghost recon thanks ne way for trying to help but we decided to do it that way now