PDA

View Full Version : just an idea.

p3zd1sp3nx0r
09-14-2005, 01:18 AM
I noticed in the battle screens that after units have finished fighting with each other they face the same way that they started. This has always looked a little silly to me as sometimes enemies are standing with there backs to each other.

So to counter this my idea is that the units look at the closest enemy on the battle field.

simple and it would make the battles look better.

p3zd1sp3nx0r
09-14-2005, 01:18 AM
I noticed in the battle screens that after units have finished fighting with each other they face the same way that they started. This has always looked a little silly to me as sometimes enemies are standing with there backs to each other.

So to counter this my idea is that the units look at the closest enemy on the battle field.

simple and it would make the battles look better.

znork
09-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Sounds simple engough. But having a degree in programing i could see the number of code lines would increas.

I would rather it pointed towords the last attcking unit.

tametitan
09-14-2005, 06:19 AM
hopefully the units will be animated enough that they will be looking around ,picking their noeses, shaking weapons,pointing, laughing,scratching and just generaly having character.

Uran_235
09-14-2005, 06:28 AM
I don't like the idea. It's been this way since King's Bounty and there's no need to change it. Besides this is useful, because when two armies from the same castle, with comparable unit quantities, meet you can easily tell which belong to you, and which belong to the enemy. This idea would just bring in a lot of chaos to the battlefield. And, as it was said, it would slower the game.

st14z
09-14-2005, 06:33 AM
why not to stay posing to the direction they were when they attacked .. (so you spare code http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Surtur1982
09-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Make it like in H4. No problem left. The units face in the direction they looked when they ended their turn. You can tell which is yours by the collor of the block with the numbers. That easy it can be.