PDA

View Full Version : game contollers

penguinboy2012
05-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Can you use game contollers or joystick in the game?

penguinboy2012
05-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Can you use game contollers or joystick in the game?

Da11en47
05-05-2007, 06:42 PM
"Controllers" I have never heard of anyone using a controller or a joystick.

Frumpkis
05-05-2007, 08:47 PM
There is no joystick support, and it's not really needed because a sub responds very slowly to rudder and engine commands. However, I do use a Belkin Nostromo n52 left-hand controller with the game:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=157024

The concept is a little like the left hand (throttle) part of a HOTAS rig for flight sims, with frequently-used sub control, view-changing, and attack commands loaded as macros on the buttons. It's just a convenience. It lets me keep my eyes off the keyboard while I'm playing.

I use it with other non-FPS or flightsim games too, like Medieval Total War II. I even use it for Photoshop macros. It's a neat little device if you have room on your desk for it.

kaliber857
05-06-2007, 01:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by penguinboy2012:
Can you use game contollers or joystick in the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is only one controller you really need, and that is a good quality usb headset with voice control (I use Voice Buddy 3.0).
This makes SH3/SH4 much more realistic and enjoyable. It immerses you more deeply into the action of the sim.

PrivateStra2006
05-06-2007, 01:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaliber857:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by penguinboy2012:
Can you use game contollers or joystick in the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is only one controller you really need, and that is a good quality usb headset with voice control (I use Voice Buddy 3.0).
This makes SH3/SH4 much more realistic and enjoyable. It immerses you more deeply into the action of the sim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does that work mate, Exactly?

cantuseniciwant
05-07-2007, 05:18 AM
aneone have an ideazon fang? and maybe a profile that works? did up profiles for 2 other games and they didn't work. i'ld like to set mine up so the # keys correspond to the torpedo tubes, along with other necessary functions