PDA

View Full Version : Would you enjoy the Vegas Series if it was a new franchise instead of R6?

JalenX06
04-04-2008, 10:23 AM
I see alot of people that hate Ubi for making R6 Arcadey, while people love the arcadey version.

JalenX06
04-04-2008, 10:23 AM
I see alot of people that hate Ubi for making R6 Arcadey, while people love the arcadey version.

Guydiep
04-04-2008, 10:32 AM
I would.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's not so much I dislike the game, it's a great game.

But I'm REALLY EFFING PISSED OFF about where Ubi has taken the series.

They could have something original AND fun. A real niche game. Maybe it would sell less copies cause it's not for everyone.

But the way Red Storm did things was the RB6 I'll always love.

What we have today is still a great game (minus the bugs, better to say 'a great concept'), it's just not RB6 though.

It's not RB6.

I can't say it enough, for YEARS now this hasn't been RB6. What you are playing now is NOT RB6V2.

It's Ubi's r-tard repsonse to Counter Strike.

So as another series I bet it would still do well. As a RB6 series though, each new render only serves to remind us of how GREAT the Red Storm team was.

GSG_9_Rage
04-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Wanna know somthing funny? Counter Strike was the response to Rainbow Six.

Guydiep
04-04-2008, 10:45 AM
yeah, but I don't think that changes anything.

I doubt that if the original developers had kept making RB6 titles they would have ever gone down that road.

It shows the real lack of talent behind todays RB6. How long has it been now since counter-strike came out? a Decade at least!

And we're still playing "grab a gun and kill the other guy" Counter Strike was a new game/concept in terms of Multiplayer design and execution.

RB6 today is just another game that follows that format. Where as it used to be something different and refreshing.

DexLuther
04-04-2008, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Guydiep:
Where as it used to be something different and refreshing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And challenging.You had the think before poking your head out or moving to your next spot.

Now you really don't care either way. Move without thinking as much as you want. If the Shi'ite hits the fan (sorry it's a Jay Leno joke http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) just duck and cover until your health regens. Lather, rince, and repeat as needed.

Guydiep
04-04-2008, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DexLuther: just duck and cover until your health regens. Lather, rince, and repeat as needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is a concept I'm fine with!

Staying on topic though.. It doesn't have a place within the RB6 Franchise.

xoops
04-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Your topic is made of two questions so I'm going to give you two answers.

Q: Would you rather have Vegas be a Seperate Franchise?

A: YES.

Q: Would you enjoy the Vegas Series if it was a new franchise instead of R6?

A: NO. Why is that so?

Because the Vegas concept is itself built on very outdated concepts and mechanisms:

1 - One man army (Wolfenstein 3D, 1992),
2 - Narrative storyline and linearity (Half-Life, 1998),
3 - Triggered events and scripts everywhere (Duke Nukem 3D, 1996 and Half-Life, 1998),
4 - Trip wire triggered enemy spawning (Duke Nukem 3D, 1996).

Oh and by the way, the story insults my intelligence.

All of this results in a game that has ZERO replay value.

Don't forget that the above analysis is done only on the CONCEPT. If we add the fact that the game is shoddy, glitchy, buggy, etc - then we get a very good reason to stay clear from that garbage that is unworthy to be called a ''next gen'' game, much less a proper contemporary PC game.

The concepts of Vegas are 12 to 16 years old (that's WAY TOO MUCH outdated), and the technique (programming) under the hood of this game is amateur, glitchy and buggy, if not essentially broken on some aspects (spawning of enemies). I can't imagine the shoddiness of the port that the PC crowd is going to get.

Have fun enriching a corporation that churns out POS at an insanely increasing rate.

DexLuther
04-04-2008, 11:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xoops:
Have fun enriching a corporation that churns out POS at an insanely increasing rate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only because people don't demand more. They just accept the POS. These very same people probably all bought the over priced Halo 2 map pack too. They probably never said a word when they couldn't even USE that map pack because they were hacked and useless online without being cheated by people with super speed, flying vehicles, 3 weapons at the same time that shoot big exploding lasers, etc.

xoops
04-04-2008, 11:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DexLuther:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xoops:
Have fun enriching a corporation that churns out POS at an insanely increasing rate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only because people don't demand more. They just accept the POS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True! And that's the mother of all problems.

Cons72
04-04-2008, 11:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DexLuther:

Only because people don't demand more. They just accept the POS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True! And that's the mother of all problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubi certainly understands the benefits of selling to their new target audience. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

REV1Z
04-04-2008, 11:33 AM
I voted yes, why? because i agree the r6 franchise was doomed since lockdown was released, or really even when they released ravenshield to the xbox and took away stage planning and set you with the set same people to do missions with. I remember rouge spear was cool because you could add more opertives on your team than in OR6. Now with vegas, i bought the 1st one for the 360 was appauled by its shoddy gameplay and even worse graphics in MP. Now i have becided to boycott all and every tom clancy product that ubi publishes even gr (which was also ruined imo.)

AntiPersonnel
04-04-2008, 11:44 AM
the first game sure. ive said it many times, this game would have been much better off without the R6 in the title. that way the comparisons and disappointment wouldnt happen.

but as for the sequel, there is nothing that will get me to liking that ever.

showtimederek
04-04-2008, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Guydiep:

And challenging.You had the think before poking your head out or moving to your next spot.

Now you really don't care either way. Move without thinking as much as you want. If the Shi'ite hits the fan (sorry it's a Jay Leno joke http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) just duck and cover until your health regens. Lather, rince, and repeat as needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I always think before I move to any different location, so I dont think this applies at all to the different Rainbow games. It has to do with the type of player you are. If you want to "not care" and just run out there, then thats the player.

People would still just run out on R6, RS, etc. Theres always people who are going to do that.

DreadedDragon
04-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, I'd rather have it be a seperate franchise. That is, I'd rather have it be a seperate franchise if that also meant they were still going to develope R6.

scr33ner
04-04-2008, 04:42 PM

Because the Vegas concept is itself built on very outdated concepts and mechanisms:

3 - Triggered events and scripts everywhere (Duke Nukem 3D, 1996 and Half-Life, 1998),

Don't forget that the above analysis is done only on the CONCEPT. If we add the fact that the game is shoddy, glitchy, buggy, etc - then we get a very good reason to stay clear from that garbage that is unworthy to be called a ''next gen'' game, much less a proper contemporary PC game.

The concepts of Vegas are 12 to 16 years old (that's WAY TOO MUCH outdated), and the technique (programming) under the hood of this game is amateur, glitchy and buggy, if not essentially broken on some aspects (spawning of enemies). I can't imagine the shoddiness of the port that the PC crowd is going to get.

I agree completely.

You forgot to mention the 2 year old graphics, the $h!77y physics & buggy audio programming. Oh wait yes you did!

I just wanted to reiterate the fact of how GREATLY disappointed I am of this game. After playing the 1st Vegas I had hoped this game was going to be just as good.

I had seen the different footage on gametrailers.com & thought, "Hmmm, the graphics don't look so good. That's ok, I'll get it, graphics don't always make or break a game- it's all about game-play anyway."

Man was I wrong! Having played a really polished game in COD4, R6V2 is a piece of turd!

COD4 keeps getting loaded back in. Now that game is worth $60, just bought points for the new map pack & I'm about to go hunting.

Open call to Ubisoft, if you want us to keep supporting you, stop acting like EA, & stop shipping out sub-par games. You guys are on a slippery slope.

UBI, I WANT MY TIME & MONEY BACK!

scr33ner
04-04-2008, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by showtimederek:

Now you really don't care either way. Move without thinking as much as you want. If the Shi'ite hits the fan (sorry it's a Jay Leno joke http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) just duck and cover until your health regens. Lather, rince, and repeat as needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I always think before I move to any different location, so I dont think this applies at all to the different Rainbow games. It has to do with the type of player you are. If you want to "not care" and just run out there, then thats the player.

People would still just run out on R6, RS, etc. Theres always people who are going to do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing he's referring to the old school 'waypoints' R6- the original!

DexLuther
04-04-2008, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scr33ner:

I agree completely.

You forgot to mention the 2 year old graphics, the $h!77y physics & buggy audio programming. Oh wait yes you did!

I just wanted to reiterate the fact of how GREATLY disappointed I am of this game. After playing the 1st Vegas I had hoped this game was going to be just as good.

I had seen the different footage on gametrailers.com & thought, "Hmmm, the graphics don't look so good. That's ok, I'll get it, graphics don't always make or break a game- it's all about game-play anyway."

Man was I wrong! Having played a really polished game in COD4, R6V2 is a piece of turd!

COD4 keeps getting loaded back in. Now that game is worth $60, just bought points for the new map pack & I'm about to go hunting.

Open call to Ubisoft, if you want us to keep supporting you, stop acting like EA, & stop shipping out sub-par games. You guys are on a slippery slope.

UBI, I WANT MY TIME & MONEY BACK! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even V1 was a turd of a game. It was FAR from being an R6 game, and the gun balance was even worse than it is in V2. SMG's owned all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scr33ner:
I'm guessing he's referring to the old school 'waypoints' R6- the original! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm talking about not HAVING to. In R6, GR, and even SC it used to be that you COULDN'T go very far without thinking before you move.

Now it's the easiest way to do things. I've encountered a couple spots in story mode where it seems to be the ONLY way to do it.

NOLIFEDOTCOM
04-04-2008, 07:36 PM
A lot of hate for this game here. I don't understand why the haters continually visit these boards. Are you waiting for the game to magically change back to it's roots? Not gonna happen...it's time to move on and let us that like it enjoy it.

scr33ner
04-04-2008, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NOLIFEDOTCOM:
A lot of hate for this game here. I don't understand why the haters continually visit these boards. Are you waiting for the game to magically change back to it's roots? Not gonna happen...it's time to move on and let us that like it enjoy it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't be such a hater if they actually just polished this game instead of releasing a piece of turd...

BuddyBear
04-05-2008, 05:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NOLIFEDOTCOM:
A lot of hate for this game here. I don't understand why the haters continually visit these boards. Are you waiting for the game to magically change back to it's roots? Not gonna happen...it's time to move on and let us that like it enjoy it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are trying to make a difference. If you can't see game developers targeting "your" mediocore game expectation dollar - look again.

Many of here have seen UBI change this series, and change may be good if you get (something) right. Theres not much that has been changed that (works) - and now the fans of the series have to play beta-tester lab rat, and ***** and moan to hopefully make (something) happen.

Tacamo
04-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Xoops I think you missed one old concept recently added.

5 - One man vs. attack helicopter (Operation Wolf 1988)

WhiteKnight77
04-05-2008, 11:21 AM
A lot of hate for this game here. I don't understand why the haters continually visit these boards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you do not understand Rainbow Six.