PDA

View Full Version : Crashing in Kinshasa mission elevator...

mankatozx
03-19-2007, 09:01 PM
In the beginning of the Kinshasa mission after I go past the truck, the 2 guards, and get into the elevator my game crashes. I can get in the elevator and go up to the next floor, but the second I step off the elevator my game crashes to Windows. I haven't had any problems until this point - not even in Shanghai.

Obviously, an event happens in this level as soon as you get off the elevator that apparently my computer can't handle. Has anyone else experienced this or know what the problem is?

Also, can someone send me a save file starting in that very room the elevator leads to(looks like there's a dead body in there) so I can avoid stepping off the elevator all-together? My email address is mbird22@gmail.com.

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

mankatozx
03-19-2007, 09:01 PM
In the beginning of the Kinshasa mission after I go past the truck, the 2 guards, and get into the elevator my game crashes. I can get in the elevator and go up to the next floor, but the second I step off the elevator my game crashes to Windows. I haven't had any problems until this point - not even in Shanghai.

Obviously, an event happens in this level as soon as you get off the elevator that apparently my computer can't handle. Has anyone else experienced this or know what the problem is?

Also, can someone send me a save file starting in that very room the elevator leads to(looks like there's a dead body in there) so I can avoid stepping off the elevator all-together? My email address is mbird22@gmail.com.

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

mankatozx
03-21-2007, 01:01 AM
If noone knows what the problem is, can someone please make a savefile that starts in the next room?

I'm really itching to continue the game, and the first 4 missions get old when you've played them a million times.

Thank you

rogerwilco99
03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Which difficulty level are you looking for?

mankatozx
03-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Easy please.

Viqilance
03-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Lol easy

Ill make you a file

mankatozx
03-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey cut me some slack. This is the first time I've ever played Splinter Cell. Thanks man, I'd appreciate it.

DropDaBombs
03-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Supprisingly, nothing happens there.

I had this same problem a while back. What you do is hug the wall to the right (and I mean AS SOON as you get off the elevator. Don't go forward, get to that wall.) If you're having the same problem I was then it's not the instant you step out of the elevator, it's a little over a foot (about 1/3 of a meter if you're not American) outside the door that causes the crash. That should give you enough room to get to the wall on the right (has lockers or something running down the side I believe) then hug the wall and go along that way. If you make it, it's usually okay to come off the wall and move around when you get to the corpse.

I would advise that you shoot out the light before you step off the elevator though. I've experienced another bug where after you do this little workaround then the two guards in the kitchin won't be visible until you go through the door (and they will just appear right in front of you, and if you're not lucky enough, they'll see you and start shooting.)

From what I've seen, if Shanghai wasn't the start of people's problems who had been running the game fine up to that point, then Kinshasa is. Part II is where the game would crash every time I tried to load after I failed (if anyone has that problem then just return to the main menu and load up from there, shouldn't crash the game and you won't have to completely restart.)

Unless you're one of those lucky few, be prepared for many, many more bugs to come.

mankatozx
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the info.

ltred2006
03-28-2007, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mankatozx:
I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes it's nice when people give you credit, right DropDaBombs? Just appreciate it, that's all.

Seen, mankatozx, 'twas me who found this out. Let me know if it works (it has for me and everyone else I told to use it).

rogerwilco99
03-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Strategy wise, it's easier to go to the left and crouch at the end of the table. (do the wall hug there).

One of the guys will come into the pantry (the room where you exit the elevator) and look around on the table then exit.

You don't need to shoot the light or do anything else. Just wait for the guy to come in and leave.

This has _nothing_ to do with avoiding the crash bug. It is _only_ a suggested strategy for those who aren't having it (I've never had it happen to me, thankfully).

Exorsist
03-31-2007, 12:02 AM
It's a common crash point. Some have had luck adjusting video setting lower to get past that point. Good luck.

mankatozx
04-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I got past it. I hugged the wall along the right side and that seemed to work.

Thanks for the suggestions.